Overrated and Underrated on Hun XT - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2012, 11:40 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Overrated and Underrated on Hun XT

Which players in general do you think are overrated and underrated in the Hungarian XT community?

Overrated:

Kovács János (NB5 or NB7 player...gets talked about more than Tőzsér)
Rudolf Gergely (Hasn't established himself at club level nor known as an international striker outside Hungary)
Dzsudzsák Balázs (sucked for so long at club level and rarely performs outside friendlies for the NT)
Pintér Ádám (sucks so bad...and started 14 games last year for his club and was really bad. Keeps getting booked and that sending off and goal gift in the same match alm: )

Underrated:

Fülöp Márton (It's like nobody cares)
Buzsáky Ákos (Probably the most skilful Hungarian currently)
Huszti Szabolcs (Not liked personally but underrated for talent too)
Korcsmár Zsolt (Has had a consistent level of performance in the NTs and played consistently for Brann. Only Roli can better that)
Stieber Zoltán (easily good enough for the NT squad. Gets destroyed for one moment in his whole career)
Tőzsér Dániel (does he have any fans at all that follow him closely?)

I think pretty much everyone else is rated about right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2012, 18:35
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
I think Buzsaky is rated about right. Sure he's skillful but how much does he really accomplish with it?

Stieber evens out because Pista likes him too much and others don't like him enough. The getting destroyed for one play isn't exactly true. Its more Pista getting destroyed for making excuses for him for that play.

Rudolf evens out too. Nothing at club level but a huge factor for the NT (at least recently when he's played).
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2012, 23:04
BARRED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Pintér evens out too. not exactly a Messi type, but solid in NT mostly and a regular starter in Spain NB1, when did we have a player we can say the same thing about. for me this is the biggest positive surprise of the last year. when I heard he signed for Zaragoza I was like mega-lol dude should have signed for Bundesliga3 rather, then he turned out to be one of their key players for not relegating.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 03:45
Star Player

Agreed with Morti and Szovkap. On this forum, Huszti and Stieber are overrated. Buzsaky - i think he is and can be a decent player. Juji is attacked with no reason, really, on this forum, which just distorts the discussion; so way underrated, him being our best ranked player for years now (no matter our personal likes or dislikes; just to be sure, I do not like his personality, and have said it many, many times; but facts are stubborn). I agree with Szov about Pinter, with Morti about Rudolf, who has been gold in NT, simply irreplaceable. I do not think Korcsmar is underrated, I think everybody appreciates him. Another overrated player from my pov is Vass, who only features here because our friend bentex appreciates him a lot (kind of like Tisza). But that's ok, I do think I overrate Nemo, but that's just personal preference. I think Tozser is rated about at his level.

But I think we overrate a bit Roli, and I say this as one of his supporters. He's still one of our best players, but honestly... we ignore many problems in his case. Yet he's still one of one-two-three maximum backbones of the team.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 06:58
Premier Player

I think szalai is over rated. He hasn't had enough games to be consistent yet due to injury. I think he will do great this season I'm sure he wants to play badly.

I haven't seen any of eleks games but he seems over rated., couldn't get any time in Turkey
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 08:31 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by magyar View Post
I haven't seen any of eleks games but he seems over rated., couldn't get any time in Turkey
That's because the Turkish FA fear him in the qualifiers. Don't you remember? They bought him to a no name Turkish team to sit on the bench so he won't be match fit by the time we play Turkey.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 13:56
Rising Star

Teams: Hungary, Rep of Ire, QPR, CFR Cluj, N.Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
That's because the Turkish FA fear him in the qualifiers. Don't you remember? They bought him to a no name Turkish team to sit on the bench so he won't be match fit by the time we play Turkey.
seems a plausible theory. and it worked! those damn Turks, nothing they won't stoop to.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 14:11
Rising Star

Underrated:
Rudolf - if he wasn't Hungarian i'd wager he'd have got more game time in Italy/Greece, but the biggest reason he hasn't got established since leaving is mostly due to injuries, he's done reasonably well whenever he's got the chance. He needs a decent run of games. Correctly rated in Hungary as a key NT player, underrated abroad.
Pinter: I'm with szovkap on this one. every time I've seen him, he's been at least decent. the odd error but more than outweighed by the good stuff.
Vass: Consistent starter with Brescia and if he can establish himself at CFR will be playing at a higher level than NB1. Good footballing brain (if not a PR brain for Romanian media)
Tozser: a no-brainer. lynchpin of a Champions League side last season.
Megyeri: as above
Nemeth: if (big if) he can get through a full season without injuries, then I'd expect him to do well this year for Roda, and maybe set up a big move for him. make or break season.

Overrated:
Szalai - can become a very good player, but is injury-prone, is far from consistent, doesn't score enough for Mainz, and has dodgy touch. flash international goals against minnows aren't enough to merit his stellar rating in Hungary
Dzsudzsak - still Hungary's best player but that's only because there isn't much competition. too one-dimensional to be truly world-class
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 14:14
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ente View Post
Buzsaky - i think he is and can be a decent player.
Buzsaky was more than a decent player, he was a very very good player. Past tense though. Think it's downhill for him from here on.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 20:10
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by barni View Post
Underrated:
Overrated:
Szalai - can become a very good player, but is injury-prone, is far from consistent, doesn't score enough for Mainz, and has dodgy touch. flash international goals against minnows aren't enough to merit his stellar rating in Hungary
Dzsudzsak - still Hungary's best player but that's only because there isn't much competition. too one-dimensional to be truly world-class
Don't see it this way. On this forum, Szalai is appreciated, but, for me, he is the next big Hu star in Europe. There's nobody else who plays in similar visible position with more talent, enthusiasm and, thank God, self-discipline. The guy has his brains in their place. And he is also a leader in whatever team he's playing (ie among his fellow players), even at half capacity (!), which speaks volumes.

Juji - he has clear flaws, but is a true sparkling talent - the way he sees the game, quick thinking - a decisive, deadly player. the way he can create goals out of nothing... the goal against Netherlands away, under Koeman, or the pass to Gyurcso against the Bohemians.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 20:17
Rising Star

my vote for stupidest thread
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 20:25
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ente View Post
Don't see it this way. On this forum, Szalai is appreciated, but, for me, he is the next big Hu star in Europe. There's nobody else who plays in similar visible position with more talent, enthusiasm and, thank God, self-discipline. The guy has his brains in their place. And he is also a leader in whatever team he's playing (ie among his fellow players), even at half capacity (!), which speaks volumes.

Juji - he has clear flaws, but is a true sparkling talent - the way he sees the game, quick thinking - a decisive, deadly player. the way he can create goals out of nothing... the goal against Netherlands away, under Koeman, or the pass to Gyurcso against the Bohemians.
Szalai has the potential, I agree, and I hope you're right. Needs to start producing though to deserve his rating, he hasn't done that yet, at the moment he's rated on his potential, not what he's done.

I'm not disputing Juji is a great talent, the best there is at the moment, but his club situation is dire. He's currently rated on his form pre-Russia and some NT moments but as long as he's not doing it at his club, his confidence is going to suffer as will his NT performances.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 21:24 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:

He's currently rated on his form pre-Russia
Xactly he should sign for CFR Cluj.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2012, 14:47
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Quote:
Szalai has the potential, I agree, and I hope you're right. Needs to start producing though to deserve his rating, he hasn't done that yet, at the moment he's rated on his potential, not what he's done.

I'm not disputing Juji is a great talent, the best there is at the moment, but his club situation is dire. He's currently rated on his form pre-Russia and some NT moments but as long as he's not doing it at his club, his confidence is going to suffer as will his NT performances.
Szalai has to do with context too, its been quite awhile since we've had a striker that he has the potential to become. We're just so desperate for a guy that can bang in the goals.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2012, 07:19
Star Player

Quote:
He's currently rated on his form pre-Russia and some NT moments but as long as he's not doing it at his club, his confidence is going to suffer as will his NT performances.
I agree. Upside is that the club situation has motivated him t do extra at Nt level. He's been much more disciplined and workman-like in NT.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2012, 02:15
Rising Star

Teams: RIA RIA HUNGARIA!
Overrated:
Szalai, has this guy ever managed to score more than 4 or 5 goals in a season, even in reserve leagues? he is the next Feczesin.

Varga/Elek, NBI

Underrated:
Vadocz, first team regular at decent clubs in good leagues since his early 20s, including 3 seasons straight in the La Liga!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2012, 03:33 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Szalai would have scored more if it wasn't for his injury.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2012, 09:45 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Who knows why Varga J hasn't less Hungary yet. But I'll tell you what and this come straight from my agent friends. It's almost impossible to sell a player unless he's a NT player (not talking about u17s). The fact VJ is playing right back for Hungary may prove difficult selling him as a midfield player.

Elek, obviously you missed the revelation that the Turkish FA paid him to go to a no name team and sit on the bench. There will be a big tribunal about it, mark my word. Think I'll make a compliant myself, but they still didn't reply after I reported the cheating of Antigua and Barbuda playing two countries against Hungary.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in