post #63 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 19:10
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Korotaev claims points for Russia
Wednesday, 3 May 2006
by Paul Saffer
from Stade John Grün

Russia withstood a tremendous early barrage from Hungary and snatched victory with just two minutes remaining in their opening UEFA European Under-17 Championship Group A encounter.

Pomazan heroics
Krisztián Németh, Ádám Dudás and Vladimir Koman all caused Russia problems, but Igor Kolyvanov's side held on, thanks in no small part to goalkeeper Evgeni Pomazan as well as the woodwork. As the game went on, Russia looked like they could snatch all three points, and did exactly that when Evgeny Korotaev headed in Sergey Morozov's cross.

Early chances
Hungary, without suspended defender Ádám Présinger, were able to field Németh, the leading scorer in qualifying. Just four minutes in he had a fine chance but, sent through by strike partner Dudás, Németh dragged the ball wide. UC Sampdoria's Koman then got in on the act, running through the Russia defence but shooting past the far post - which was then struck by Dudás.

Double save
It took 15 minutes for Russia to have their first opportunity, Semen Fomin's cross-shot headed on to the top of his own crossbar by Dániel Lengyel. Soon Hungary were attacking again, Pomazan making a double save from Németh and András Gál. Dudás then went on a surging run, but fired over, and Russia began to look more comfortable as the half wore on. Lengyel and András Debreceni in the Hungary defence were not keen to yield space, however.

Németh denied
There was still nearly a Hungary goal before the break, Dudás exchanging passes with Koman and then releasing Németh, only for Pomazan to block again. Hungary goalkeeper Milán Balikó's first real intervention came five minutes into the second half when Dmitri Ryzhov broke through. Balikó also did well to turn another Ryzhov effort round the post.

Gorbatenko close
Németh was soon back in the action, jinking through the Russia back line before being denied by Pomazan. But Hungary's early dominance had long since vanished, dampening the spirits of their vocal supporters. Russia's increasing confidence was shown on the hour when Igor Gorbatenko's free-kick from distance had to be tipped over by Balikó.

Stalemate
The game was becoming a stalemate, though, and key men from both teams - Dudás and Russia forwards Aleksandr Prudnikov and Ryzhov - were withdrawn, perhaps with half an eye on Friday's second matches. Yet Russia, physically bigger than their opponents, always posed a threat from crosses and so it dramatically proved thanks to the combination of Morozov and Korotaev.

post #64 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 20:25
V.I.P
Premier Player

Teams: Grund 1986 FC, QPR, Plymouth A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor
Hungary - Russia 0-1
post #65 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 05:53
BANNED!
Rookie

Quote:
Hungary - Russia 0-1
Hey, your website crashed my Firefox browser and was trying to run an .exe file ?!?!
post #66 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 11:13
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Détári +10
works with IE, with Firefox it looks like this:

post #67 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 12:34
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
I've said before it don't work with firefox.... I always change to IE.
post #68 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 12:39
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Détári +10
Sorry master to have not remembered your words.
post #69 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 12:45
Xtratime Elite

I didn't mean it like that my pupil, I ment it's not just 1 or 2 people have problems.
It's all who visit who not use IE.
post #70 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 12:18
Xtratime Legend

Koman up for far more
Friday, 5 May 2006
by Paul Saffer
from Luxembourg

It was all going so well for Hungary in their opening UEFA European Under-17 Championship Group A game against Russia. Vladimir Koman, Ádám Dudás and Krisztián Németh were running riot up front, and it seemed only a matter of time before a goal came. But when it did late on, it gave Russia the points.

'Very angry'
"Of course I am very angry because considering how we played it was a very bad result," Koman told uefa.com. "I also felt during the game that it would not even be a draw - we had so many chances I thought we would surely win."

Resilience
But Koman is a resilient character. The attacking midfielder came back from a broken leg earlier this season to help Hungary through a tough Elite round group in Portugal, and he was only 14 when he joined UC Sampdoria, leaving him to settle in a new country at a young age. Now Koman and his national team colleagues are going for victory against hosts Luxembourg this evening in Mondorf, a venue where Hungary were given noisy support on Wednesday.

Focused
"It is a secret what the coach has told us but I can tell you we really want to win both remaining games," Koman said. "We can't think about anything other than the task in hand. Even though there will be a lot of fans there, it doesn't make any difference as we are used to these situations."

'Big achievement'
That is a fine attitude to take in a player's first final tournament. "I am enjoying everything here as it is a great success for us to be here and it is a big achievement for Hungary to reach a European finals," Koman said, having played no small part due to his part in their formidable attack. "There is great harmony between us three [Koman, Dudás and Németh] and also László Szabó. The four of us combine very well. As we proved in Portugal, together we can reach a high European standard."

Sampdoria move
Of course, Koman will need to reach that level consistently to make headway at Sampdoria. His move there came out of the blue. "We played a friendly against Italy in 2003 with the national team - and I must thank the national team for this opportunity - and Sampdoria had scouts there and the whole transfer happened in three months," he said. "The first two or three months were hard. I went there without any kind of help. But after a few months I spoke Italian comfortably and now I enjoy it."

First-team aim
Players like Theo Walcott and Nuri Sahin have proved in the last 12 months it is possible to go straight from the U17 finals to the first team at a big club, so how close is Koman? "I broke my leg, and I lost ground," he said. "I hope that maybe it will happen next season, I can feel step by step that I am coming closer when we have practice games against the first team. For me it is not very easy because my physical condition is not up to the others as I am lighter."

Foti example
Among those currently making the step up at Sampdoria is Salvatore Foti, part of the Italian side that finished third in last year's U17 finals on home soil. Koman has spoken to Foti about the tournament, and added: "They reached the [FIFA U17] World Cup which was a great experience for him. Now he is with the A team, he has done what he wanted."
post #71 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 12:22
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
it is possible to go straight from the U17 finals to the first team at a big club

let's hope so
post #72 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 16:54
Xtratime Legend

19:30 the battle of the giants Luxemburg - Hungary
post #73 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 16:56
Xtratime Elite

Ultrafox is a disgrace, he went to Rome instead :thmbdown:
post #74 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 17:06
Xtratime Legend

luckily we have the best fanbase in this tournament hungarians from belgium and holland travelled there to support them
post #75 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 21:09
Xtratime Legend

Németh invigorates Hungary
Friday, 5 May 2006
by David Lemos
from Stade John Grün

Krisztián Németh was in typically dominant form, scoring twice as Hungary beat Luxembourg 4-0 in Group A to all but end the hosts UEFA European Championship aspirations.

Gulácsi heroics
The scoreline failed to do justice to Ronny Bonvini's side, however, after Luxembourg had the better of much of the first half. Hungary were indebted to a fine performance from Péter Gulácsi for keeping the scores goalless at half-time, but Hungary soon showed their class after the restart. So often their inspiration, Németh took the initiative, breaking the deadlock with a blistering effort two minutes into the second period.

Nikházi lob
Five minutes later he rounded off a superb Hungary attack with a simple tap-in to double the advantage, and it was his presence in the Luxembourg box 20 minutes later, that earned a penalty. UC Sampdoria’s Vladimir Koman stepped up and drilled it in and with the hosts flagging, substitute Márk Nikházi rounded off an emphatic victory with a sumptuous lob late on.
post #76 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 00:59
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Reading those articles I believe the Magyars U17 have the will to win..that's 80% of what is required!
post #77 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 05:25
Xtratime Legend

they wont win it. After 2 rounds its already clear that Spain is going to win it without any trouble.
post #78 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 06:17 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
spain won't win it. our boys will humiliate them on sunday 2x németh, 2x koman, 1x dudás, 5-1 ide
post #79 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 15:14
Xtratime Elite

I can't find the highlights
post #80 of 6851 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2006, 18:21
Xtratime Legend

Hungary in race with Russia
Sunday, 7 May 2006
by Paul Saffer
from Luxembourg

Spain stand on the verge of the UEFA European Under-17 Championship semi-finals - but Hungary know that if they are to join them on Monday night, victory against Juan Santisteban's side is paramount with Russia currently holding second place with one fixture left.

Spain on verge
Thanks to a 7-1 win against Luxembourg and 3-0 victory versus Russia, Spain top Group A with six points. Russia defeated Hungary and are in second on head-to-head record, while Luxembourg's heavy losses to Spain and Hungary mean the hosts are on the verge of elimination. Only a seven-goal win against Russia, combined with a Hungarian loss to Spain will take Luxembourg through. Meanwhile Spain need only avoid a six-goal defeat by Hungary.

Hungarian task
It is more complicated for the other two, though. If Russia beat Luxembourg, anything other than a Spanish defeat by less than six goals would ensure their progress. Hungary know that if Russia win they must also pick up three points, and although Spain hold the best record of the eight teams in Luxembourg so far, Hungarian coach József Both believes his side can prevail in Ettelbruck. "Now we have to count only on ourselves and assume Russia will beat Luxembourg," Both said. "We have to beat Spain anyway. I'm convinced that we have the ability to do it."

'Keeping calm'
However, the bad news for Both is that Spain are determined to top the group. Santisteban said: "Mathematically we are not qualified, but our team is good enough to top the group. Hungary are a very good team. With my experience of 18 years as a youth coach I know it varies from one year to the next whether a generation will be talented or not. Here they have a very strong team. I am keeping calm after the two wins as my experience shows you cannot be sure with these young teams. What happens on one day may be totally different in the next match."

Vlasov concern
Russia meet Luxembourg in Hesperange, where both teams tasted heavy defeat by Spain. The two losses for the hosts mean that Russia are favourites to gain the win they need to give themselves every chance of progress. However not only must coach Igor Kolyvanov pick his team up after conceding three second-half goals against Spain, but central defender Anton Vlasov, who injured a hamstring during Friday's game, is out of the rest of the tournament. Kolyvanov said: "We have a chance of getting through. We will try to analyse our game against Spain to try and improve on the mistakes we made. And we will look at the Luxembourg side and the games they have played. We will do our best to realise our chance."

Hosts hope
Luxembourg's 4-0 loss to Hungary in their second game may look from the raw scoreline like another rout as they suffered against Spain, but in fact the hosts were the better team in the goalless first half and the result was extremely harsh on the Grand Duchy, fielding a team in a UEFA finals for the first time. "Against Russia I want my players to play like against Hungary and I'm sure we will achieve a good result," Luxembourg coach Ronny Bonvini said. They will hope for a repeat of the 3,800 crowd that gathered for the game with Spain on Wednesday, a record for the Stade Alphonse Theis.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in