Xtratime Community banner

Fero gets CSKA call

524 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  xtc 
#1 ·
Azming again.

Bobi Stankov is out and so it Stoicho Mladenov, they say.

Teh new coach is Ferario Spasov, with whom Litex won two titles few yrs back.

Opinions? Luba?

#2 ·
I was laughin my ass off yesterday when I read the story (at this time it was suppsed that Stoicho was going to get over the club).

This is a fokin comedy we got here. Half-season in, half-season out, the coaches at Cska are beein sacked and surprise - Stoicho and Stankov follow each other at this competition. No new faces at all.

Ferario Spasov is gypsie and is a cool coach. Kinda stupid as a natural intelligence, but good at his job. Or at least i have him so in my memories years back.

#4 ·
What?
You consider 'gypsie' and a 'cool coach' beeing an oxymoron?

I have such impression of him and wouldnt be surprised if he actually is a one.
But dont bother. I for one do not.

Some great players were gypsies too. This is not a big fuss.

Lets take for example ...

hm, I'll keep my mouth shut now, otherwise we are gonna have some guests here pretty soon. :)

#5 · (Edited)
1st of all, "gipsey" is considered to be a derogative, insluting word these days and we all better get used to that and forget about this word. Just like "*****" in teh US!

Then, what if he is! Wha is actually your claim- what follows from teh fact that he is (IF) Roma? Why did you say it? I see no reason.

#6 ·
Excuse my ignorance towards all that media bullshit about the norms and the following insulting words. What if I consider ROMA beeing insulting and gypsie not? It's not the meaning of the word itself that is important, rather what one makes out of it.

And nothing, I would like to say nothing when I say he is a gypse. I am just stating a fact (in case I am not wrong). As simple as that. Nothing follows, nothing is presupposed.
I cannot see at first why you act so confused and then make a big fuss out of it.

Really.

#7 ·
I know. Few ppl see it now.

Its not personal here. But it is extremely important!

The word 'gipsy" or our version of it "ciganin" has been used in a very derogative sense for decades now. I know there are examples like Gipsy Kings, etc, but in general the word is used, and especially in Bulgaria, as an insult. I dont think theer coudl be a debate here. What matters is not how you use it, but how most of teh people in one society use it.

The whole culture of politically correctness is not an American invention that has no basis in reality and logic. I can agree that in the US they have crossed few lines and it sounds funny sometimes, but the core of it has a very logical and legit meaning. And it is called equality, or to put upside down - racial segregation and discrimination. No wonder the word "*****" (not talking about that other one, which is similar and I don’t wanna write it even) was "deleted" from the language of every day America, starting from the 50s, when the Civil Rights movement.

Think about it - would you be happy if the Turkish society still uses the word "Raja" to refer to Bulgarians. Its the same shit, mate. However, here you are on teh other side of the barricade and you cant feel it as much. But think and feel for everyone, not just for yourself.

That is why I strongly support the movement that says "gipsy and ciganin" should be abolished from our every day use. Cause it is patronizing, derogative and insulting.

#8 · (Edited)
Bono, my bro,

What matters is not how you use it, but how most of teh people in one society use it
The boths sides could be right since it depends on the social integration of the person. No one can be blamed on how far he is integrated into it. While saying this, I am hurring to state that I am in now way isolated. I am just the normal exception of the rule. And the society is made out of individuals, its not sth that exist just by its own. So, the individual's opinion counts as well.
The fact that there isnt any united susytem about whats correct '*****' or 'black', since in Bg its insulting to call smo black and not nigro, the very same fact leaves open doors in principle about how one would interpretate the symbolic meaning.
Well, let me ask you - for example - in XT, where there are not only americans or europeans, what is more correct to do for a bulgarian - to say nigro or to say black - If I say black instead of *****, then maybe the anglo-saxons would be satisfied with it, but I for one wont be united with my inner self and would have moral issues. So, what counts here more?

Then, I propose to invite some philolog or linguist to explain exatly the origin of the word 'gypsie' respectively 'ciganin' and 'roma' (btw, do you think that the citizens of the capital 'Rome' have sth against it?) so we can finally understand what it is so insulting in this word.

And in future to avoid any controversies, why do we not call them 'indians' ? At the end, to me it seeems the most proper and natural thing among the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.