Xtratime Community banner

AFL 2015

4K views 73 replies 6 participants last post by  Kanarya 
#1 ·
Hi people. It's me here, a proud Footscray fan. :howler: Round 1 started, so let's start too!! Had a ticket to the game last night but missed it due to work. Way to start the season though! Stringer with 3 and the rest including Tom Boyd kicked one. Its been years and years since we had a FF, hopefully that goal last night by Boyd is just the first of atleast 60 this season. :howler:

#2 ·
Nice start by the Dogs, I hope you can have a solid season.

Some unexpected results yesterday already, 3 underdogs from 4 winning, and the 4th could have won too in Bombers.

Not sure why the Pies started such long odds though. :undecide:

#4 · (Edited)
Were you at the MCG yesterday? Great start to the season.

Anyway, even early this season, it's looking hard to go past the Hawks once more. Only teams I can maybe see challenging them - Sydney, Fremantle, and as an outside bet, Adelaide impressed me a lot in their win against North Melbourne. Of course it's early still.

I think Fremantle will beat Geelong convincingly today, despite the game being played in Geelong.

It's looking like a horrible decision on GC's part to sack McKenna.

And at the moment, Carlton will struggle to win a game this season. :palm:

#5 ·
Nah had work again. I wouldnt go MCG anyway, hate it there. I think I only went there twice since high school days lol. Aussie v Greece WC warm up match was probably the last time I been to the G. But yeah great start, 2 from 2. Now we got the Hawks. If we dont screw up vs GWS, Saints and Melbourne (we play all 3 twice) we could have a real good shot at September footy.

#9 ·
Actually thinking of it now, I went to the G a fair bit in the past few years, just not to a Doggies game. We hardly play there anyway. Went to a few Bombers and Carlton games. I think it was the same season when they drew and then Carlton won by 10 goals or so and Betts had 5 or 6 goals and Walker took that mark of the year in the final quarter. Damn man, I had every tip that game, Betts to kick first goal (I think) Blues by 60plus and Betts most goals. But didnt place any of the bets. :howler:

#17 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if you dropped one of those matches you expect a win from, say against Melbourne who have looked spirited at times this season. While the Bulldogs have been excellent this season, you've still got a young list and I doubt you can maintain this consistency week in week out so there's bound to be a dip eventually and any of these teams can take advantage of that.

#24 ·
I'm leaning towards Collingwood actually, but it's not an easy one to tip. Geelong are obviously on the slide, Pies look like their rebuilding phase is coming along quicker than people thought. Have got some promising talent - Seedsman, Oxley, Langdon, Broomhead, Crisp. And their recruits are good. I don't think Greenwood has played for them yet. Varcoe has done well for them. I guess he'll be extra motivated against his old side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.