Xtratime Community banner

OT: The Pub

29K views 141 replies 16 participants last post by  The Green One 
#1 ·
Because this forum needed a place where posters can bash each other, post videos and share their drunk form behind the keyboard. Too much y0 momma talk in the other threads. Please sticky this whoever is managing this forum.

To kick it off:

[tub]in9SiDtJLaU&[/tub]

#45 ·
Is anyone familiar with the Chinese director Jia Zhang-ke. He's the best amongst China's 'sixth generation' of directors and in his films I would say he puts to film all the changes China is undergoing through their society, and the director feels the country is losing its identity, I think, with all of the globalization and stuff.

I've read about how some in the country differ on which path they ultimately want their nation to tread - some want to preserve their history while others are desperate to push forward and prove to the world that they're a progressive nation. But then you see problems like the divide between rich and poor.

Some people say that Jia is the most important director in the world and some of his noted works include 'The World', 'Still Life', 'Platform', 'Pickpocket', '24 City', etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.