Edin Dzeko official thread (All Dzeko discussions here) - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 00:57 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
Edin Dzeko official thread (All Dzeko discussions here)

Man City have agreed a 27m fee with Wolfsburg for Dzeko. Deal unlikely to be finalised til Tues at earliest, though
http://twitter.com/MOgdenTelegraph

Mirror's David McDonnell has this too now...

Fee of 27m agreed between Man City and Wolfsburg for Dzeko. Player expected in Manchester for medical and formally sign on Tues

Discomirror on Twitter in case you think I'm making it up


EDIT: i forgot to say this
Dobrodošli u Manchester City, Edin Dzeko, da samo manchestersko momčad

translation: welcome to manchester city Edin Dzeko, to the only manchester team

Last edited by CityBlue; January 3rd, 2011 at 01:34.
CityBlue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 00:57 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
we all knew he was going to sign, it was just a matter of time
CityBlue is offline  
post #3 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:01
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Woot! Woot!

He's better than Ploppybayor for sure
Maturin is offline  
 
post #4 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:02
Zmajevici !
International
 
Dirlija's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: 1992-1995
Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Posts: 7,476
Only 27 mil? Nah, its bullshit
Dirlija is offline  
post #5 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:05
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Cut price deal.

City not over spending for once
Maturin is offline  
post #6 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:08 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlija View Post
Only 27 mil? Nah, its bullshit
lol i think thats more than enough and good signing for us, he is gona be great
david silva will flourish with him, because he is good at putting through balls and picking out players, and dzeko is always lurking in the box, gona be our torres, but better
CityBlue is offline  
post #7 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:11
Zmajevici !
International
 
Dirlija's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: 1992-1995
Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Posts: 7,476
Dzeko will fill the void that Man City has with the aerial battleground. But let me get this straight, he did not break the break the bundesliga transfer record? What a shame after all these months.
Dirlija is offline  
post #8 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:12
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
There are add ons to the deal.

Really big ones most probably.
Maturin is offline  
post #9 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:15
Zmajevici !
International
 
Dirlija's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: 1992-1995
Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Posts: 7,476
Nah, he did break it, the old was 30 mil and if my math is right, 27 pounds is about 31 mil
Dirlija is offline  
post #10 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:18
Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Posts: 14,133
Glad to see the money I'm paying for parking spots in Abu Dhabi is in good hands...

10th striker these past 2 seasons eh?
Nabz is offline  
post #11 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:18 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
There are add ons to the deal.

Really big ones most probably.
i dont think so, i think that was the old deal. it was... "City pledged around 28million up front, with extras for Champions League qualification taking the overall amount to close on 35m."
but i guess we got him for cheaper
CityBlue is offline  
post #12 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:21 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
...............dzeko
......silva............tevez
................yaya

what a scary attack, and not to mention having balotelli, johnson and milner on the bench, and who knows who else we will sign to replace the departures of adebayor, santa-cruz, swp and jo
CityBlue is offline  
post #13 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:24
Zmajevici !
International
 
Dirlija's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: 1992-1995
Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBlue View Post
i dont think so, i think that was the old deal. it was... "City pledged around 28million up front, with extras for Champions League qualification taking the overall amount to close on 35m."
but i guess we got him for cheaper
MANCHESTER CITY have agreed a 27million cut-price fee with Wolfsburg for striker Edin Dzeko.
And they hope the highly-rated Bosnian hitman will be their player by the end of this week.

Representatives from Eastlands thrashed out a deal with Steve McClaren's struggling Bundesliga club over the weekend.

Now all that remains is to finalise personal terms and go through the small print with Dzeko.

He is likely to be offered a five-year deal worth around 100,000 a week and City do not expect any stumbling blocks.

However, with today's Bank Holiday and a key trip to Arsenal in midweek, it could be a few days before everything is finalised. That means he is unlikely to be registered in time for next weekend's FA Cup tie against Leicester.

So a realistic target for Dzeko to make his debut would be the home match against basement boys Wolves on January 15.

Wolfsburg told City last month they wanted 38million for him, so the final price - which is likely to include add-ons - represents a good deal for City.

If they get their man, it will end an 18-month pursuit of the 24-year-old.

Serie A giants Juventus also tracked Dzeko but City were always confident of getting their man.

Dzeko has scored 10 goals this season, taking his tally to 66 in 111 games for Wolfsburg since he joined from FK Teplice.

His arrival is likely to hasten the departures of Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor.



http://www.thesun.co...Edin-Dzeko.html
Dirlija is offline  
post #14 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:29 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlija View Post
MANCHESTER CITY have agreed a 27million cut-price fee with Wolfsburg for striker Edin Dzeko.
And they hope the highly-rated Bosnian hitman will be their player by the end of this week.

Representatives from Eastlands thrashed out a deal with Steve McClaren's struggling Bundesliga club over the weekend.

Now all that remains is to finalise personal terms and go through the small print with Dzeko.

He is likely to be offered a five-year deal worth around 100,000 a week and City do not expect any stumbling blocks.

However, with today's Bank Holiday and a key trip to Arsenal in midweek, it could be a few days before everything is finalised. That means he is unlikely to be registered in time for next weekend's FA Cup tie against Leicester.

So a realistic target for Dzeko to make his debut would be the home match against basement boys Wolves on January 15.

Wolfsburg told City last month they wanted 38million for him, so the final price - which is likely to include add-ons - represents a good deal for City.

If they get their man, it will end an 18-month pursuit of the 24-year-old.

Serie A giants Juventus also tracked Dzeko but City were always confident of getting their man.

Dzeko has scored 10 goals this season, taking his tally to 66 in 111 games for Wolfsburg since he joined from FK Teplice.

His arrival is likely to hasten the departures of Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor.



http://www.thesun.co...Edin-Dzeko.html
that doesnt mean anything, we can also "likely" sign messi, but there is no proof in that. anyways ill wait till its finished to see how much we splashed, but i doubt it will be alot, because we are cutting down spending due to uefa's new rules.
and him being on 100,000 wage is not bad, i thought it would be like 150,000 because he was asking for 180,000.
but i guess he realized that with 100,000 a week wage, he can buy half of "srpska republika" back in a month lmao
CityBlue is offline  
post #15 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:37
Zmajevici !
International
 
Dirlija's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: 1992-1995
Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Posts: 7,476
Well none of this is really "proof" until it's announced on the man city website so we might as well delete this thread But 100.000 a week is nothing when the taxes are 50-60 percent.
Dirlija is offline  
post #16 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:41 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlija View Post
Well none of this is really "proof" until it's announced on the man city website so we might as well delete this thread But 100.000 a week is nothing when the taxes are 50-60 percent.
dzeko to city is a done deal, we knew this for a while.
and earning 233,812 euros a month after taxes is not bad at all
CityBlue is offline  
post #17 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:45
Zmajevici !
International
 
Dirlija's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: 1992-1995
Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Posts: 7,476
mate, I have been following this transfer saga for two years, it ain't over till the fat lady sings and I am waiting for Man City to sing so we have the proof
Dirlija is offline  
post #18 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:46 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
i just noticed that Dzeko is not cup tied he is gona be a real good addition, not just in EPL but in Europe also im excited about this trasnfer
CityBlue is offline  
post #19 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:47 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Teams: Man City
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlija View Post
mate, I have been following this transfer saga for two years, it ain't over till the fat lady sings and I am waiting for Man City to sing so we have the proof
it has been done

CityBlue is offline  
post #20 of 493 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:52
Zmajevici !
International
 
Dirlija's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: 1992-1995
Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBlue View Post
i just noticed that Dzeko is not cup tied he is gona be a real good addition, not just in EPL but in Europe also im excited about this trasnfer
Me too, us Bosnians have been waiting so long for this transfer
Man City has only 1 header goal this season and Dzeko will be all over that, an elegant solution to Man City's "problem".
Dirlija is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome