Training Reports - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2010, 23:21 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Man City
Training Reports

hey TGO, could you please make this a Sticky. every week i would like to post training reports from bluemoon to let everyone know the conditions of every player.

19-10-10

Hello Folks.....

Got a chance to go along to Carrington today and see who was involved. A horrible day weather wise and the brolly was out today, Yaya and Ballotelli were first out.

To be honest i've seen Mancini put them through a lot harder sessions, but the talent on show was frightening.

Kolarov and Balotelli were involved in the full session as were Yaya and Boateng.

They started with the usual ball drills and squares with one touch.

They then split into two groups, to keep the Polish scouts on their toes i won't name the split squad, but the group that was left and we were able to watch them carrying on with the quick feet routines and one touch stuff was 8 probable starters for Sunday! The other group were all full internationals!!

DH was there and his comment was that for the first time except for MJ and Kolo we're now seeing the immense strength to our squad.

You just stand there and think when is someone going to pee on this bonfire because this is just starting to get a little bit exciting and we've not clicked yet.

Outstanding today was SWP, really lively and finished well albeit against Massimo the keepers coach, this was at the end with 5 a side. Tevez and NDJ were sat watching and laughing and barracking like Stadler and Waldorf, plenty of really good banter and craic.

NMT

credit to de niro from bluemoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2010, 23:23 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

looks like we finally have a full squad, with the exception of M.Johnson and maybe Kolo.
i cant wait to see balotelli, he is probably going to be used as a sub for arsenal game. kolarov is fit too, wow i cant wait
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2010, 18:47 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2010, 23:04 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2010, 01:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Stickied, keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2010, 03:09 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Thanx TGO.
and ye i will post any info i see about players conditions
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2010, 19:59 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

23-10-10

Hello folks

Behind the iron curtain today and not a lot to talk about really.

A very light session, the usual drills from the fitness coaches and the one touch squares.

No MJ or Kolo today but the latter did come out towards the end of the session to do some 1 to 1 work with a fitness coach, we were told he isn't far away so i would expect him back for Wolves.

RM took the team off to another pitch, no surprises, looks like he'll be back to the comfort of a solid midfield, i won't type the team as requested by many on here. Might be a slight change at the back again no names.

The spirit is very good at the moment and most of that is to do with Ballotelli, i'm sure he's mad, some of the things he does, well he is only 20 i suppose!

All looks well for tomorrow, i'm really looking forward to it and it looks to me like the team are too

credit to NMT
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2010, 18:02 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Thanks to Doug on mancityfans.net for reporting it

A bit of a good news bad news day today.It started really badly when I was told that Silva had a foot in a cast on Monday which really conerned me. Total crap though as Silva was out as normal and looked absolutely fine.In fact they were all out with the exception of Tevez and Michael Johnson. I did get a few words with David Platt and he confirmed Tevez got a bad dead leg on Sunday and he is a real doubt for Saturday. He thinks he would have been ok for a Sunday game but iffy for Saturday. MJ has had a setback but nothing to do with his past injury. I think he intimated it was a hamstring type injury and it's just the sort of thing that can so easily happen when coming back from a bad injury like he had.

Kole and Zaba were both back working with the group although when they all played some football those 2 were kept out to work closely with Carminati. He worked them pretty hard too and my guess is both will be available for Saturday providing of course there is no reaction to training. Watching the keepers for a while was good fun as Massimo was putting them through it. One exercise had the keeper at the near post for a low cross and then up quickly to save a shot at the other post. Massimo has a strong shot too so saving his shot was far from easy and I think he likes scoring To be fair he encourages and praises them a lot but he does expect 100% all the time. The cameras were on them and I think Stu Taylor might just have edged it in best shot for a picture.

The rest split into two groups after a while with one lot just doing fitness exercises and the others doing a fun routine which involved some running in and around some poles ( no jokes please) and then attacking across from David Platt and then turning to another goal and a pass which they had to score from.Some of Platty's crosses weren't great but my vote for best finisher went to Boateng but overall Shay won the contest. Micah probably was the worst finisher although Milner didn't hit the target very often..

After that routine Mancini took them all behind a fence to work on various team plays.Unusual for him to take everyone and I couldnt see what they worked at. Again just Zaba and Kolo left out but they were worked hard on a variety of exercises.

The it was back out for a final small pitch 10 a side game and along with Zaba and Kolo , NDJ missed this. I actually saw Mancini tell Nigel to go in at this point so maybe he had a slight niggle or something. Lombardo shouted to Nigel as he sloped off (it really seemed to me that Nigel was disappointed at having to miss out) and got the finger in return.

Nothing really to report from this game. Yaya got a knock when I think somebody stood on his toe. No sympathy given and he was fine. Ade tried to get around Lescott and hit the deck screaming for a pen. Again no sympathy.Micah gave away a pen for hand ball on the line. Mancini gave the pen and a red card to Micah who could be heard shouting, look at the video

Mario took the pen and sent Joe the wrong way. He took another pen shortly after and Joe went the right way but Mario really hit this one and Joe had no chance.

All in all a good session only slightly spoiled by loads of oiks on school hols and constantly asking players for a ball or their hat or boots or anything.The last 4 out were RSC,AJ ,Mario and Kolarov. RSC finishing from crosses from AJand the other 2 practicing free kicks.Neither of them were great but Kolarov gets great band and dip on his and was getting mighty close when Mancini called them all in.

Douglas Higginbottom
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2010, 21:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
I might put "Michael Johnson out on the piss" reports on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2010, 18:07 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

28-10-10

Training report from today courtesy of DH.

As yesterday nearly a full squad training today.Tevez back home and MJ inside but the rest in full training.( not sure what the setback is for MJ as I think the MEN have said a toe injury but whatever it is he hasnt trained outside for 2 weeks now). Mancini started with them all behind fencing and giving them all the usual chat before splitting them into two teams to work on 2 pitches away from prying eyes.Mancini worked with what will probably be the Wolves team but after 10 minutes or so he switched to work with the others.He really is keen to get his consistent messages across to them all.

Back out for a few work outs and keep ball circles. The spirit amongst them all seemed really good to me and there was no signs today that Kolo or Zaba needed special treatment. Mancini then took the Wolves 11 (or 12 actually) away for some more work behind fencing and left the rest for a 6 a side game. Played on a small pitch it was pretty competitive stuff which ended with one hell of a physical tussle between Vieira and Lescott . They landed on top of each other with no real winner but it was Lescott that was limping most

The groups then switched and the next 6 a side game was even more competitive and I think with a little more quality. Some great battles and most notable to me was Joe v Mario.Mario won this time with some great quality and plenty of cheek thrown in. He loved it and so will we if he can repeat some of it in matches.

Apart from Mario my pick of the players was probably Milner who found the net regularly as a contrast to yesterday and Barry I thought was also quality. Kolarov was playing for both sides and seemed desperate to score which he did eventually. Having said that he stayed back at the end taking shots from just outside the area and he looked superb. Mario also stayed a while to continue his battle with Joe.They were about even in this part but Mario still beat him with some fierce stuff.Nigel, as ever in training, scored a few and was regularly heard moaning at the refereeing decisions.

Overall it was quite an entertaining session once they came from behind the fencing so the watching group will have enjoyed it.I left as Milner came back to do some finishing against Joe and again was looking good. Kolarov went off to the hill for his final work and some of the coaches had a go at the cross bar challenge. Lombardo was quite good.

Here are some photos unfortunately most of them turned out blurred due to the netting, there are some anyway.

post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2010, 01:13 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Hello all

Just got back from training, i had to leave early so hopefully Dadnlad or Nelly's left foot will advise if anything out if the ordinary happened.

Kolarov was first out quite a while before the rest, he was put through his paces by Ivan the fitness coach which included a session on the "Hill"

Ballotelli was first out of the main squad and started cracking in some powerful shots, the session involved the usual ball work and loosening routines.

A marked difference to the way Mancini first did things, he did introduce double sessions last year, that has all but stopped now, there aren't any, to be honest the sessions are very similar to the previous regime and i'm sure similar to most of the top flight clubs, there is a marked difference towards the end of a session though, where Mancini will take the 11 starters to another pitch and work on formations and set pieces, he will adjust this 11 slightly with the introduction of "subs" He also now takes 2/3 minutes at the start of the session to obviously tell the squad of what's going to happen that morning, he has only recently started doing this.

I was watching Ballotelli hit some ferocious shots just as they were having a break between routines, DH hadn't seen them so i worded him to look, Mario right on cue hit this ball with real power, the problem he skyed it and it even went over one of the internal nets he'd hit it that hard, i think it's still going up now, Mario is buzzing though he looks ready to me.

Only 2 missing were MJ and Tevez, Kolo took a full part and looks like he will be in tomorrow.

Duty called so i had to leave then, but there was nothing irregular to report.

NMT

Neil has already put his own report on earlier. This is another report courtesy of DH off man city fans. I'll post some pictures on to this thread later on.

A routine session today made special when Beefy arrived for a look. Good to see you there Wayne and to say I was impressed by your tree climbing would be an understatement. Plenty of other watchers too but none with the monkey like talent you displayed! There were 5 in one tree at one point.

Anyway on the training ground Kolarov was out very early and before the others went off to the hill for a little light work.He must be still working on his core fitness because he has been full training now for a while but seemingly not quite ready yet for a start.Mario also out early and to me seems to be raring to go.

Right at the start Mancini got them all together for an initial briefing which is something he does a bit more than he used to.Nothing special in the early work as it was much the same old routines and yet again they seemed happy and having a good time. As ever Mancini took a team away for some work and it was a different 11 to yesterday so he is trying to keep me guessing but he wasn't helped that Nigel finished his session early.My guess is Nigel will be fine though. Mancini went through some standard attacking routines and finished with some interesting free kicks.Whether we see them at Wolves or not will be interesting. ( cant really better Garrido's there last year for me)

All back together after that for a final game on a 2/3rds pitch.Not many goals scored in this with defences mostly on top. Lescott I thought was very good and one tackle on Ade was exceptional but Boyata wouldnt be too pleased with one bad touch that gave Ade a tap in. A few of the regulars stayed out for some more shooting practice ( Ade/Mario/AJ/Kolarov but it didnt last long today as I think they were all off home and then back again for the trip later to the Wolves hotel.

It was harder to take pictures today because they were behind the fence and futher away than normal so unfortunately some turned out abit blurred. But here are some.

This is the tackle off Joleon the DH mentioned.

[img]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad24/Colin_mcfc/Training%2029%2010%2010/DSCF4672.jpg

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad24/Colin_mcfc/Training%2029%2010%2010/DSCF4607.jpg[/img]

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2010, 23:01 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

1-11-10

Courtesy of DH.

3pm today so I expected a shortish session as the floodlights were not up. First thing I saw was a good start though as it was Michael Johnson doing 1 to 1 stuff with a physio. It was a big toe injury that set him back recently but his knee is fine so maybe it won't be too long before he gets into contention for a reserve outing.

The rest came out minus Carlos of course and also Nigel who had been in today for some massage treatment.They broke into 2 groups for some jogging and a little work before Mancini took them all behind the fencing for a chat. I think I said he had been doing this a little more noticeably in recent weeks. Well this one was a mega chat. The keepers who often miss this part as they are away training separately were brought in. The videoing was stopped, the official photographer amd most of the coaches were left hanging around as were the few of us there to watch. I believe Mancini has been on SkySports news earlier ( they were around at 11am today)but I will have to watch later to see what he said.

Afterwards they came out and quickly got into a game before it went dark and they finished in the dark! Not too sure what happened in the gloom. Silva scored one and there were 2 pens from RSC and Ade but mostly it was all about quick passing and in the confined area they played it was defences on top.Most of the players went off quickly at the end but 4 stayed to do some running work( PV,AJ,PZ andAK I think) and Boateng stayed around to provide crosses for Vinnie to finish off.Mancini left talking with Mario.

Douglas Higginbottom
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2010, 23:09 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

2-11-10

Back to a more normal routine today with an 11am start.Everybody out to start with minus Carlos,Nige and MJ and just one reserve joining them today being Abdul Razak. But MJ was out working again later and even Nigel was doing some running right at the end.The not so good news though was Shay went in early, a bit of a calf problem apparently which started yesterday and clearly wasn't great today. Mario also went in early with what looked like a thigh problem.

Apart from that stuff they just got on with normal warm up sessions,some keep ball work in two groups before Mancini took what looked like the Thursday team away behind the fencing.A good team but of course plenty of changes from the prem side. What was left played a 5 a side game with no holds barred as shown when when Vinnie clashed with Micah.I don't think Micah was too happy from the comments he made but they just got on with it as you would expect. Silva looked the class act we know he is.

Then they all got involved in some pure fitness work before many of them went in leaving about enough for a 6 or 7 a side game.Most notable for me in this was Kolarov who just loves to shoot. Fairly inconsisent I would describe his finishing but when it's right it is special.RSC scored plenty ,Joe Hart was screaming instructions all the time, Milner got a knock but recovered ok,Jo managed to miss an absolute sitter then scored a much harder one. Just a regular day at the office really.

Then it changed as the session finished and most went in but some cameras had arrived and it turned out they were Soccer AM for the crossbar challenge. If I can remember who stayed for this it was SWP/Lescott/Joe/Jo/Stu Taylor/Milner and AJ. I won't spoil it for those who will watch it when it comes on but I had my chance to be famous when one attempt flew over the bar, over the netting behind and over the fence behind that and straight into my waiting arms. The trouble is it bounced straight out again much to the amusement of the watching coaches and some players. It was one of those Europa balls and of course was moving all over the place

The only 2 to stay a bit longer were SWP and Lescott for a chat on camera which is where Nigel came jogging past and kicked a ball at them.

Courtesy of DH.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2010, 19:25 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

06-11-10

Afternoon all

With NMT jnr not having a game today, went down to Carrington to see who was there and what was the atmosphere like.

So everybody was there except for MJ, so we have a fully fit squad, fully fit on Carlos's account not sure, he looked a little laboured in some routines, but as DH said to me that's Carlos, he took part in the full session and looked fine, Balotelli and Kolarov looked really sharp. NDJ was at the centre of most of the laughter.

Mancini took them onto another pitch and did the usual warm up positional stuff, it's funny to watch around 30 blokes trot round a pitch following one guy, i think DH has explained it in the past where he puts all the players in their positions and then moves them around the pitch as a team.

Back onto our side of the iron curtain to see the circles and a small 3 touch game. Joe Hart was the best player in this session some of the saves and slightest touches he made were very impressive.

It was probably the slowest start to a training session i've seen, but towards the end things were looking better.

So everybody is fit and they look raring to go, i honestly can say they don't look like a squad that's out of sorts, Balotelli, Kolarov and RSC stayed behind for some shooting practice, Mario was outstanding, Kolarov was very impressive and certainly has power in his shooting, RSC finished well and looks as sharp as i've seen him.

NMT
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2010, 19:29 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2010, 23:53 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

9-11-10

Went along to Carrington today.

Bloody freezing, place heaving with paparazzi and quite a short session to go with it.

The team as usual went onto another pitch to do the warm ups, then back into view to do the short sided games and an 11 a side match on a pitch about 40% the normal size. Good banter split into 2 groups, no real indication of the line-up.

Everybody was out today, Carlos went in early, nothing other than for a massage according to one of the coaches. Adebayor was also taking a full part after he left yesterday's session very early with some sort of knock.

Best thing for me was seeing MJ back out, he was working very hard with a fitness coach, he hasn't lost any of the conditioning he'd got back until his recent lay off, he has the hunger i'm sure, you could tell he was itching to get involved.

I had to leave a little early, there was also a bad smash outside the training ground no doubt someone rubber necking.

NMT

DH's version.

Cold,wet and windy today but a routine training session the day before a game which is anything but routine.As I said to NMT it will be good today if it's all low key as it was before the WBA game as long as the match result is the same.

Everybody came out including Adebayor so his problem yesterday was minor as expected and they all got together behind fencing for the usual gentle warm up jogging in team formation around a pitch as Mancini likes to do.Plenty of cameras around as expected and I would guess most looking for pictures of Tevez so they would have been a little disappointed as he went in after the initial stuff.No problems anticipated as he was in for a massage and will be fine.

M Johnson also out working hard close to the rest and working hard to improve his sharpness.How he must want to get back fully involved and lets hope it's soon and we might see a reserve outing before too long.

After the gentle formation work thay played some form of Aussie Rules game with typically not many rules at all. All about having fun before they all came over close to the fencing and split into 2 keep ball circles.Great for the few fans watching to be so close and of course also for the photographers.Just seems strange to me that if they really don't want photographers there why go so close to make it even easier for them? Great banter going on in both groups and especially the one I was closest too involving Micah and Nigel.Kiddo was the man charged with keeping order but how he understands what is going on given all the languages is beyond me.

They moved onto a sort of 11 a side game but in a confined space of less than half a pitch. I think it was 2 touch only and just about pass and move and control.Not easy at all but something they work on day after day.Only a short game this and then half the group went inside. No need to overdo it and increase the risk of a last minute injury.But good old Nigel did score as ever in training and this time with his left foot which he made sure every one was aware of. Not to be outdone later ,Bridge scored with his right foot.

The remainder just played a 6 a side game to finish off with. Shay was under a lot of pressure and looking really good until one fierce shot squirmed through him.To say he wasn't happy would be an understatement as he wellied the ball as far away as possible.It got worse after that as Micah managed to get one past him.Watching Micah in this game and you realise what an awesome defender he can be.One on one he is so strong and quick and he has a great ability in last ditch stuff to block shots.If only he was always switched on.

Then there was an incident which was quite worrying and required the police and ambulance to be called.Fortunately it was on the road outside where we heard a big crash. We couldnt see much but all those parked in the lay by there were concerned their car had been run into. Hoepfully nothing too serious. Hopefully the same for Mario who seemed to twist his knee a little literally seconds before the end. It wasnt a contact thing but just seemed a jarring as his right leg slipped.He did limp off with the rest but hopefully it won't be a problem.
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Douglas Higginbottom
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2010, 22:12 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

by Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Quite a few missing today in what was a fairly gentle session as you would expect for the first of a few in a full training week.No Boateng,Micah,Barry,Yaya,Bridge but good to see Michael Johnson involved fully ( must mean no reserve cameo tonight).The group split into two at the start with the Sunday team off to do a bleep test.Not the full challenge but enough no doubt to get readings from.

The rest did a bit of keep ball pass and move and then running under the close eye of Ivan Carminati.After 10 minutes or so they all got together for a 9 a side game on about half a pitch. Notable things were Nigel and Carlos on opposite sides and having a good old tussle. About evens I would say but big smiles on both of them.I would say that Carlos is looking close to fully fit again now and we saw what that can be like again on Sunday.MJ did ok but clearly rusty , Mario strolled through it with occasional flashes.Kolo stayed out of this part just doing 1 to 1 work with Platt and VInnie also sat out after a quick chat with Mancini.

Late on Micah and Bridge came out for some work with a physio.Half of the remaining group went in leaving about 10 for some finishing practice.They all followed about 40 yards apart, first to play a 1 , 2 with Platt before a first time shot, then turning to receive a 20 pass on the edge of the box for a 2 touch finish and then turn again for a cross and a 1 touch finish.You sure as hell need plenty of balls for that routine as shots were flying all over the place.MJ,AJ,SWP,Lescott,Milner,Mario,PV,Boyata,RSC all involved in this session.Then 1 or 2 more went in leaving just enough for a 5 a side game which is where I left.

One of the other notable things today was that Mancini didn't take a team aside to work on team formation stuff which has been a regular part of training sessions almost every day. Maybe that will come again later in the week when he has the group he wants for the Stoke game.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 22:26 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

24-11-10

Thought I would do an hour today when they switched training to a 2pm start. I got there at 2 on the dot and no signs until SWP/Ade and Lescott came out and started doing some exercises but it was easily another 5 minutes before the rest started to come out.Missing today were Micah, Yaya and Boateng( not good with Zaba suspended for Saturday) and it didn't get better when Vinnie left early with what looked like a thigh problem. It's only Wednesday though so he will probably be ok.

Some very simple exercises were done in groups of 3 before they had a keep ball game in a big square area.Nothing intense at all but really " keep it ticking over" kind of stuff.Bridge didn't play in this but did 1 to 1 work but MJ was fully involved.Then it was Mancini taking an 11 away for some work leaving about 6 just passing time in a keep ball circle.It wasn't the Stoke team as it didn't include Carlos,Mario,Silva or Kolarov.Maybe it was the Europa side with Ade and Jo up top and SWP,Milner,Vieira and AJ in the middle. They didn't seem to do very much apart from just move the ball around the middle of the park with quick crisp passing but never tried to get into the box to create anything. Joe and Shay were in there anyway giving each other something to do.

After that team had finished a few changes were made and it looked closer to the Stoke side even though Zaba was still at full back.Again it was all about passing around the middle just seeming to focus on the player on the ball having passing options at all times.By now I was freezing my nuts off and with a bad cold streaming from most orifices so I went home.

DH
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2010, 17:04 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Training Thursday 25/11
by Douglas Higginbottom

Missing today were Vinnie,Boyata,MJ and Yaya although Yaya was out doing some running. Included as extra cover was Mee.After the initial teamtalk from Mancini he got the defenders altogether for some positional work and passing across the lines leaving all the others to play a keep ball circle which they did just next to the fence where I was.

Always nice when they get that close as you get a good feel for the banter and team spirit which was very good.Special moment today when Vieira was nutmegged and all the players ripped into him unmercifully.Then when Nigel was deemed to have messed a pass up and should take his place in the middle he refused to go in ( with a big smile though). Vieira organised a quick vote and ushered him into the middle.At the end Zaba was accused of handling the ball but maintained his innocence pleading it was his chest.It was Nigel who mentioned the hand of god!

Mancini had taken the defensive unit to another pitch.They were Micah,Jerome,Kolo,Lescott,Bridge,Mee and Kolarov. Here they started work on defending throw ins and corners.It was a long way from me so I couldnt tell who was doing the throwing but he was very good.A few of the reserves had been brought across to assist with this session as well.

When that finished it was into a 9 or 10 a side game on half a pitch.Micah went in as did Yaya but Boateng stayed out although only to work with a physio. He was very close to me and it was interesting to listen to some of the chat with what he was looking for Jerome to do and how far to extend himself. Clearly he had been out yesterday as well and to me was moving pretty well even if not yet deemed quite ready for the real contact stuff.

Watching Mario today I saw a guy getting involved quite normally. I also saw the drama queen part as well.Once when Lescott bundled him over and another when a ricochet caught him in the face and went down as if shot.To finish off with a few stayed out for some finishing practice.They were AJ,RSC,Vieira,SWP,Milner whilst Zaba stayed out to do some work with one of the physios.Douglas Higginbottom
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2010, 03:45 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

26-11-10

Got there just in time to see them come out to work on a distant pitch, about 200 yards away,behind fencing. Just possible to tell the good news though as Vinnie,Boateng and Micah were all there. Only Zaba plus Yaya/Boyata were missing but Boyata came out late for some running work.It actually wasn't that easy to spot the players as most had so much extra clothing on, The exceptions to this were Milner and Kolarov in shorts but David Silva had plenty of extras on and still looked frozen.

After initial warm up stretching routines they settled into a couple of keep ball circles which Vinnie was kept out of to carry on some extra warm ups.Then into teams for a keep ball session which Vinnie and all of them joined in .MJ was there too. Then Mancini gathered them all around the penalty area for a team talk which evidently turned into some more practice on defending the long throw. Tevez and Mario watched this from the center circle which made me think there was some more training and football to come but when they finished with the throw ins/crosses they went in!

Looks like virtually all options available for Saturday so it will be interesting to see who Mancini goes for.

Mancini did stop the likely attackers before they went in for a quick chat but it all ended quite abruptly.Not sure where they are staying but it was off to a hotel somewhere this afternoon.

DH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in