Training Reports - Page 3 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2011, 15:18 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Man City
11-1-11

"Good news to start the day was seeing David Silva out with the rest at the start of training. Although he didnt stay for the contact stuff it probably means he has a chance for Saturday. Micah and Nigel missing as well, the latter sent home with a temperature. A few added to the group today but no MJ with the EDS playing tonight. Shaleum Logan ,Mancini's son and I think Abdul Razzak were involved.( at least I heard players shout Abdul even though somebody else said it was Mohamed Abu.)

Initial warm ups in 2 groups before a pass and move session. Always intersting to watch to get a flavour of a players touch and ability to move the ball quickly and accurately under pressure as well as having the right sort of movement to create angles to receive a pass.Naturally I watched Dzeko quite a lot and although not high profile in the session he seemed to do most things right. Not easy for him either as Vinnie was marking him and it didn't suprise me at all as it looked like Vinnie was in no mood to give him an easy ride.

Then Mancini took the defenders away for some work whilst the rest stayed for some finishing practice.I decided to watch the finishing but I think Mancini was working mostly on shape again. I didn't see any emphasis on corners/crosses but he might well have done some. The finishing was all about meeting crosses from 2 coaches with Stu Taylor and Shay in net. The banter was fun as we were very close behind the goal.My first chance to see Dzeko in this kind of situation and his first effort was perfect as he met Platt's cross with a header accross the keeper into the corner.Not everything went in of course but he did look a natural header of a ball.

In a brief break before the final game SWP announced that he was going to be in goal for the match. He borrowed Shay's gloves and immediately threw him self to his right a couple of great saves. He even held onto the ball unlike the modern day keeper but then they found a weak spot which was anything to his left.Great fun for a short while as he was peppered with shots and he was disappointed when he wasnt allowed to carry on in the game.Not a lot to shout about in the game .I would have made Barry MotM for his overall play. Great effort as ever from Milner and chances missed by almost everyone."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2011, 16:57 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

12-1-11

Another full session today in the heat at Carrington.Turns out Nigel had flu plus a touch of Bubonic Fever and Malaria but he shrugged it all off and looked fine today.David Silva again working one to one again and looking good to me albeit with quite a few strappings on. Just Mario and Micah missing I reckon.

Right at the start Manicini took a group/team away for some work while the remainder did some slick work around mannequins all about short sharp passing and set up plays.Pretty good it looked too and then the groups switched to do the same work.At least most of them did except for a few who just stayed with the mannequins.

Then it was all change with a variety of groups doing different things which I assume was broadly in line with personal training needs identified by the sports science guys. 3 went onto the hill, Carlos ,Jerome and Kolarov.Another group working on fitness routines in and out of cones/poles and a bunch in a pass and move game.Mancini working on attacking plays with a group of 6 and Nigel ,like Silva, on his own doing some running.

Then to finish it was 3 teams of 6 where only 2 played at a time. One trying to score a goal and the other trying to get a player on the ball in and "end zone" in the middle of the pitch.Once they worked out what they were doing it was quite good.There was a worrying moment when Zaba came across to block Kolarov in full flight. He managed to block the shot but seemed to turn his ankle doing it. It didnt look good but after hobbling off and a moments treatment he came back on and played fine.

Best goal of the day came from Lescott who sold a great dummy and then one on one with Joe nutmegged him to find the corner of the net.I watched Boateng a lot today and he certainly was working very hard and I thought doing well also.When he did get something wrong he was beating himself up over it but he never stopped working hard.He will be fine I am sure.
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2011, 17:05
Zmajevici !
International

Teams: FK Novi Pazar
Who is making these reports?

post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2011, 22:09 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlija View Post
Who is making these reports?
Douglas Higginbottom
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2011, 14:24 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

13-1-11

Good interesting session today at drizzly but warm Carrington. Right at the start and before any warm ups at all Mancini had the whole group, all 20 of them (without keepers), set up in attack and defence formation to work on some throw in routines.It was as if Mancini has had some sleepless nights thinking about it and wanted to get to it immediately.

Same missing players as yesterday and Michael Johnson was working with the reserves today.Nothing sinister in that but just about even numbers for the sessions.After that initial work most players started some warm up routines but Mancini kept 6 defenders for some routine defensive formation work.The others misxed and matched between some running/fitness routines and some ball work.

The football was a nine a side game ( 8 plus keepers) as a few went in . Lescott,Kolo,Nigel and Zaba.As usual a competitive game and some good skill on show. Great to see Silva fully involved and no doubt being watched closely by Mancini and co re his fitness.One thing for sure is that Dzeko isnt just a header of the ball.RSC was in very good nick and alert to any scraps around goal.With a few defenders missing SWP was given a withdrawn role which isnt his strength but with Patrick alongside he did quite well.

Goal of the day today was Carlos who weaved his way through the middle leaving defenders on the floor and left Shay helpless. Joe Hart was probably hoarse from all his shouting , trying to stop Kolarov and others getting shots away.He is never quiet.Dzeko took a few of his chances really well and Silva looked what he is,class. Kompany was trying to defend against Silva,Dzeko and Carlos which wasnt easy.In one oiece of defending he took one out and then flew into SWP whilst getting a kick on the head for his troubles.The only worrying moment was when yaya overstretched for a ball and went down in a heap with a scream. Physios came flooding across ( Mancini strolled over) but happily after a couple of minutes he was up and carried on playing.

After the game it was finishing practice.Often with this the keepers win the day but today it was the strikers turn.Best of the bunch for me was RSC.Great timing and power and a couple of top headers too. Dzeko was very good as were Ade and Milner.Milner is looking on fire. Poor old Joe wasn't having the best of times and it wouldnt have been helped when one from AJ went through his legs from very close range and he and Milner celebrated it in true playground style. Some of the power in those shots is quite scary when you get close up and I am amazed there are not more hand/finger injuries.

MJ to play a part in the EDS game against Liverpool next week and the word on Assulin is he a couple of weeks away from playing but doing well.
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2011, 14:44 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

14-1-11

"Another warm day at Carrington and when I arrived ( after the cricket finshed in perfect time) Yaya was already out. Photographers in place too after 2 days without them and Yaya walked across to a coach with a ball shielding his face so no pictures could be taken.From the gestures he was making he was asking questions about the camera guys and I reckon the coach was saying that Doug's ok but the others........

Same group as the last 2 days minus RSC as he was having his medical for BBurn. A little bit of warm up and some keep ball circles which they havent done for a while.The spirit in the whole group seemed great from a distance and judging by the sound coming from the reserves even further away their spirit sounded superb.

Mancini then took a team away for some work leaving the others for more fitness routines.Mancini spent a lot of time with this group working on all sorts undoubtedly with Wolves in mind and then switched 5 of them and carried on with similar work. All very interesting stuff to watch which I can't possibly mention here in any detail.But if you are from the Telegraph Silva was in goal and Dzeko playing sweeper.

Back all together it was a 10 a side football game minus Tevez.Ade scored first with a fluke which rebounded off Shay (decent save) but hit Ade and back in.Then after a stalemate period with defences on top Nigel got into the game One of the rules of the game is that 3 corners equals a penalty.Nigel is very loud and convincing with his appeals for corners and after 2 obvious ones and plenty os shouts for others Kolarov blazed one over but with Nigel screaming for a corner it was given. He stepped up to score from the spot to equalise. Vinnie in the other side was less than happy and booted the ball off the spot just before he could take it.

Seemingly in no time at all there were 3 more corners at that end and Nigel stepped up to slot another home. Shortly after Nigal tangled a little with Yaya and got the ball away from him. It loooked to me that Yaya wanted it back and chased hard after him but NDJ got rid just in time but then broke into the penalty area to be taken out by a still angry Vinnie. Nothing given by the ref and Nigel's broad grin was a picture. I am sure I saw steam coming out of Vinnie All great competitive fun.

Kidd announced it was golden goal time and not long after, a little exchange of passes saw Zaba cross from the right, over it went a fraction beyond the keepers fingertips and there was Dzeko at the far post to nod home.To be fair he hadnt done that much but it was a quality header. That was it and just one players stayed out for a little shooting practice. Milner yet again."

DH
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2011, 15:26 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2011, 16:17 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

17-1-11

A gentle training session today with the same missing players as last week plus SWP who may be who knows where. MJ I assume with the reserves as he will be playing for them against Liverpool on Wednesday. First thing I saw was the keepers being put through some catching practice and they included the new young Brazilian guy ( Luis Guilherme at least I think it might have been him) Small for a keeper nowadays)

For the rest it was gentle jogging before Mancini took the team for Leicester away behind a fence leaving the rest to play in a keep ball circle for a while. Mancini just got the team into shape and work on basic passing before some attacking plays and routine stuff. It didn't last long before they all got back for a 10 a side game.Can't really think of too much notable in this either. Somebody did ask the question why doesnt Jo finish like this in games? He did have a couple of good moments.

Silva looked good ( doesn't he always) and had less strapping on than last week. I was also asked why Ade doesnt get any chances as he was putting it in in training? Answers on a postcard please.Nice goal from AJ and a beauty from Lescott ( wrong net though ,although if he hadn't gone for it there was a tap in for somebody) Only a short game today and then the team from Saturday jogged inside leaving a few for some finishing practice plus Dzeko working with a physio as was Boyata. Some of the finshing was excellent with Silva looking very good even with his head.

Then to finish off it was a few penalties which mostly were very good and not least Shay Given with I think a 100% record. I felt confident that we would be ok in a pen shoot out and then immediately the next one went wide. Patrick was having a dig at Joe Hart as he left and Joe replied that he needen't be concerned as he cant last 90 minutes never mind 120 for a penalty shoot out.Very funny.

Douglas Higginbottom

hahahahaha thats hilarious
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2011, 15:20 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2011, 15:05 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

20-1-11

It was seriously cold today at Carrington and the fog was threatening to make viewing tricky but thankfully it never got too bad.Micah returned to training today and looked fine but Yaya was missing ( probably a minor thing) along with Ade.Jogging and some routine exercises to start with to get the joints and muscles working and then into a one touch game with 2 sets of 5 a side goals to score in.

Oh I nearly forgot . There were quite a few onlookers inside watching today and included amongst them was Martin Atkinson the premiership referee we all love so much!

One touch isn't easy either but generally it was very good with the movement of players being such an essential part to give players passing options.Unfortunately we picked up an injury in this session with what looked like a pulled hamstring as Boyata stretched for a pass. Tevez I think took part in this bit but then went in beofre the "real" football match started. Nothing untoward but I am sure just that his fitness didn't need too much today.With Boyata missing the boss took his place in the game.

It's always very hard to know the score in these games but equally it's clear that it is competitive and matters to the players who wins and as you would expect this is very evident in Vinnie and Nigel who battle for anything.Nigel was very vocal and prominent today and, as Mancini found out personally, is a physical presence even in training.One challenge left the boss in some pain as he went into the back of him.Another challenge with Kolo probably left him wondering why he was putting himself through it.

Some nice goals from Dzeko, he does look quite calm and clinical when he gets chances. Barry also excellent when presented with a couple of chances.Goals also from Jo and a blinder from Abdul Razak and of course an inevitable goal from NDJ but arguably the moment of the matches was a goal line clearance from SWP heading away from under the bar.There was also one situation where Boateng was threatening to get onto a ball and closing in on goal but Vinnie was coming across. Only one winner as Vinnie launched himself in a classic challenge and Boateng sensibly decided to jump the tackle. Classic Vinnie stuff.

After this initial game those who played on Tuesday went inside leaving a 5 a side match to finish with .As Vinnie was going in NDJ shouted across to him something like " are you going in Vinnie , we owned you" Vinnie seemed to just turn and give him his best withering look. Priceless.

Plenty of action in the 5 a side game with plenty of goals but as it came to a close I got the feeling the next goal would be a winner and it came from Micah(mancini pass) at the far post on the left side. Decent goal too but it didn't make NDJ a happy bunny and I think he was after a couple more minutes play to get level again. Mancini however was on the winning side so there was none of that I couldnt hear all the banter clearly but there was plenty of it going on and a really good session to watch. NMT and myself decided to give the boss a round of applause for his efforts only to be derided by Platt for what I am sure he saw as creeping to the boss.
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2011, 16:57 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2011, 17:52 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

21-1-11

"Very cold to start with at Carrington for what was a low key training session the day before the Villa game. Everybody except Mario was present I think including Yaya back again and Ade/SWP. Micah looking fine again so no ill effects from yesterday.

After the regulation warm up stuff of jogging and stretches Ivan got them playing hand ball and the pssisng game where you have to be in the air to complete the pass.Some of them are not very well coordinated for that one. Then it was the tag game they often have fun with.It was funny to see who Carlos and Nigel would target in this but wasn't disappointed when they honed in on Vinnie I just get the feeling that Nigel especially has a really good relationship with Vinnie. The first target when it was Yaya and Jerome was the easy typical one yet again of Patrick.

Then into the football and a 10 a side game. Good goals for Dzeko and Jo were ruled out for off side before Kolarov got a replica of the Tuesday goal, Ade a penalty and Carlos a penalty. I am happy to note it was a very well taken pen as well but I don't think Carlos was best pleased when Lombardo cheered the goal quite loudly. Carlos gave him a good old stare Carlos then scored another after Dzeko challenged a defender and the ball broke to him. Barry scored a nice one with a good Jo assist and I started to lose track as goals started flying in.The funniest moment was when Vinnie went down in a challenge with somebody on top of him The rest seemed to think it was funny so plenty just piled in on top as you do.

I guess the watching photographers will have got the picture and wonder if any of them dare to send it in so that the wrong headline can be written.When Vinnie eventually got out the game had been going on for quiet a while. Enough of all that and Mancini ended the football and called everyone over for some team formation and pre Villa practice. Everyone that is apart from Ade and SWP. Shame.

Maybe Mancini worked with the team for Villa to start with and maybe not but he did the usual formation and passing work with initial emphasis on the attacking stuff.Then it was all into the penalty area for some work/discussion about corners and the angled free kicks. Mancini taking great care with the positioning of all the players but also spending time talking and pointing. It was 100+ yards away so I couldnt tell for sure what was going on. It wasnt a question of slinging cross after cross in but I guess just spending time getting the key issues dealt with.

One thing very clear was Nigel playing his part in proceedings from what I could see of his arm waving.Interesting that as Carlos had also seemed very involved a little earlier with the work going on with the attacking plays. Mancini watching on and I am sure happy with 2 of his key general's hands on input.Having worked with a possible team Mancini then switched 5 or 6 players over, bringing in a group that had been playing keep ball circle stuff on the sidelines.

That was it really. I was kept amused by a bright photographer who kept asking me questions about why they had moved from one pitch to another and then, when practicing the corners he said are they doing set pieces now. Clearly a top football man.He is the same one that asked which one is Carlos Tevez but he seems to have sussed him now.Right at the end I think I spotted MJ in the distance after finishing practice with the EDS players and having a long chat with Carminati, no doubt updating him on his fitness after the session."
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2011, 23:50 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

31-3-11

"Really windy out there today which made it difficult for some aspects of the training. Plus only half the main squad took part today with those who have been involved fully in international being given an extra day off.They might have been inside doing stuff but definitely not outside.

With so many EDS guys in the group Andy Welsh lead the initial warm up/skill exercises with Kidd helping and RM and DP watching on.I think I knew all but one of the players but this one had a sweet left foot and could possibly have been Harry Pilling's grandson.Smaller than SWP I would say.After the start up exercises Mancini took a group away to work on some attacking plays. 4 attackers ( Carlos,Mario,AJ and Dzeko) with just 2 defenders McGivern and Wabara.The rest played a keep ball session before starting an 8 a side game.

All very nice and competitive but something lacking I thought.The others finished working with Mancini and joined the fray and it became 11 a side on half a pitch. Never ideal for the "normal" true quality football but a great test on first touch,movement and short passing. Defenses very much on top and interesting to see Ibrahim in a very deep role and playing well.Goals from Jo and MJ before the golden goal was called and it seemed it was never going to happen till Dzeko slammed a cross in to end it all."
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2011, 19:27 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

6-4-11

post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2011, 15:30 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

nasri's first day of training

post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2011, 16:31 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 18:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Kun is fine according to himself, he'll most likely play at the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2012, 14:40
International

Teams: Solo Milan!
Info about your training camp in Austria this month: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...5-star-1138101

NEL BENE E NEL MALE: FORZA MILAN!
100% Milanista sempre e comunque

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/in...d0efdcaabbebdc

Proof that "bono" is in fact Trifon Ivanov:
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...postcount=1380
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...4&postcount=43
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2012, 16:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2014, 18:16
Premier Player

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in