Training Reports - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2010, 05:33 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Man City
Training Monday 29/11
by Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:59 pm

All present and correct as far as I could see with the exception of Yaya. That must be one hell of a migraine.I say as far as I could see as almost all the players on show had so much extra clothning on it was hard to tell who was who. Only one player came out in shorts without extra leggings on.I will leave you to guess who he was. One or two were seemingly wearing full burkas. Plenty with balaclavas and the neck thing is clearly the rage at the mo.

They split into 2 groups for gentle jogging around pitches before doing some more focussed exercises and running.When it was time for some football a few went in and they I think were Silva and Kompany with Kolo just staying for some 1 to 1 work with a physio.The game was quite competitive and I am pleased to confirm we scored a headed goal. Mostly down to the cross by RSC but nicely flicked in by AJ.Plenty of energy on the pitch with Nigel playing in an advanced role and scoring 2 nice goals, AJ getting a hat trick whilst for the other team Jo got 2 ,Ade 1 and Milner and MJ to make it 5 all. Tevez played a more midfield role and did miss his one real chance , a penalty which he dinked down the middle when Shay dived left but it went over the bar.

I don't think Mario had his most successful session but with the next goal being the winner he was was coming in from the right with Tevez to beat , pushed the ball past him and Carlos just stuck a leg out and flattened him. He got up to be confronted by a 2 man wall about 5 feet away! After a brief complaint he quickly picked the ball up moved back a yard or 2 and placed the ball and crossed before the wall could move. RSC did the rest with a shot into the top corner. Mario walked off casually for a drink.

Mario and a few others went in here leaving what I assumed would be the team for Wednesday to work on some movements with Mancini. No great surprises in the 11 but the interesting part was when he switched 2 of the players and replaced them with Boyata and Michael Johnson. Maybe MJ is going to be on the bench and if all goes well get his first few minutes of football.There had been one moment in the game where MJ tackled Bridge as he was shooting. All that happened really was Bridge kicked MJ instead of the ball and both hit the deck in pain.Worrying at the time but no damage.Douglas Higginbottom
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2010, 14:56 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

30-11-10

Late start today at noon and it was a press day so no doubt some pictures will appear on SkySports. A little embarrassing too as when they went out it was quickly evident that the pitch wasn't properly playable. The undersoil heating had worked to a point and the ground was soft enough but there was a sprinkling of snow ( and ice) on the surface.The ball didn't roll properly so Mancini got the groundsman out along with the guy responsible for all things at Carrington and they quickly got a tractor out to drag something around to remove the surface snow.

Whilst this was going on the players did the usual jogging and a few routines and by the time they had done this there was an area big enough for them to have a good pass and move session on about a 1/4 of a pitch in size.Missing players today were Yaya and Bridge but although Vinnie was out he didn't join in football and just did 1 to 1 stuff with a physio.Yaya apparently has a very bad cold and when I asked what they call him it is Yaya pronounced Yaya Highlight of the day for me was Mario waving a big hello to me when they were doing exercises near the fencing.Milner was joined today by Boateng as the only ones in shorts but he was the only one not wearing gloves and that includes all the coaches.

Nothing too special or unusual in the football. Nigel wasnt taking prisoners as Vieira found out more than once and generally there was very little space for any flowing football to be played.Lescott would have been my pick of the players on show, SWP was trying really hard, MJ was finding it hard to get on the ball much but he wasnt alone in that.A very competitive game came to an end when MJ was adjudged to have brought down Nigel ( it was a theatrical fall) for a penalty. MJ was sent off as last man!! That's how it looked anyway which i thought was really strange but he walked off anyway and while I was watching him leave the penalty was taken and there was all sorts of shouting erupted. I have no idea why but the whole thing anded then and half the players went inside.

The rest could be the team for tomorrow but there were 2 or 3 changes from what looked like the team I saw yesterday. Mancini took them through some movements for tomorrow and a few minutes later that was that.
DH
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2010, 15:00 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2010, 05:17
Legend

Teams: Whoever is winning
we suppose to buy that milner is some tough badass, because he decides to wear shorts instead of sweats if so im buying it
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2010, 05:27 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemo View Post
we suppose to buy that milner is some tough badass, because he decides to wear shorts instead of sweats if so im buying it
milner is totally a badass lol
watch tomorrow he wont be able to play cuz he has a severe case of the flu and his legs got frostbite lol

u see boateng got shorts on too, them african/germans, the new vikings lol
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2010, 11:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Haha yeah Milner like the only player to be wearing just his shorts and no gloves

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2010, 11:14
Star Player

Boateng and Balotelli having a bust up....who would your money have been on?

Last edited by Excalibur76; December 4th, 2010 at 11:22.
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2010, 16:03 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur76 View Post
Boateng and Balotelli having a bust up....who would your money have been on?

why dont you get lost, you never come here to contribute anything but when something bad happens, you come here right away. get lost hater

post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2010, 03:10
Legend

Teams: Whoever is winning
they really get into it?

lol
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2010, 03:19 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemo View Post
they really get into it?

lol
for like 5 seconds and than mancini made them stfu and get on with it.
i guess it started because boateng made a bad tackle on balotelli, this shit happens in every club.
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2010, 00:58
International

Teams: Manchested United
Bit defensive there CB.

The bubble is starting to burst I think buddy. Mancini has got it hard up at the moment dealing with the ego's.

Good to see it was dealt with swiftly though.

Narny/Beechy - Love talking, listening to opinions and sharing this great game we call football.
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2010, 01:18 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narny View Post
Bit defensive there CB.

The bubble is starting to burst I think buddy. Mancini has got it hard up at the moment dealing with the ego's.

Good to see it was dealt with swiftly though.

and we know how long this lasted, and how fergie had to make them kiss & makeup

there are plenty more i can find where teammates have disagreements with each other, city isnt the first club it happened to, and it wont be the last
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2010, 05:11 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

by Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:28 pm

A full normal session today starting at noon. First out was Kolo just working 1 to 1 with a physio but hopefully a good sign for weekend.Then the keepers were out and working just in front of me. Just Shay was missing apparently having injections today which he has every 6 months.

Of the rest the only missing one I think was Adebayor.Plenty of early jogging and simple warm up routines as they split into 2 groups before Mancini took the defenders aside for some special work.This was really all about working/moving as a unit and responding to wherever the ball went on the field.Mancini swapped the back 4 around during this session so they all got used to working with different players.Whilst this was going on the midfield/attackers just played pass and move.Mancini then organised a spell where a full team attacked against just 4 defenders.Really hard for the defence but they did brilliantly.

Then they switched at both ends to do some attack v defence.Starting with 1 on ones it really favoured the attacker who was always on the run as the situation started. Vinnie lost out to both SWP and AJ early on and was mega unhappy.It really showed what a competitor he is.Inevitably he got better as the session went on.Probably the best at this was Boateng and Micah was pretty good too.When they did it as pairs defending the defence started to get the upper hand.It was really competitive though with no quarter given.Mancini was very hands on throughout all this , stopping things at times to give specific pointers if he thought a defender was getting it wrong.Seeing Carlos at the other end as a defender was quite funny but he was very good and as you might imagine very hard to shake off.

The final part today was a game on half a pitch and I am sure Mancini started with a be careful warning to the players, presumably wanting to avoid any injuries. Within 5 minutes or so there had been a few shuddering challenges by Kolarov,Vinnie and Jerome.Each time the player hit was helped up ,brushed themselves down and just got on with it. One of those was Mario.

All in all I thought it was a really good session today and I would expect Mancini to be pleased with all he saw.No photographers around at all as I heard Joe Hart mention. ( win games and no photographers was his comment) Had there been any today they would have had a great opportunity today when Micah and Mario were fighting and rolling around. It was all in total fun as they wrestled around like kids in a playground. Like twins in fact!Great to see them messing around.

MJ was there today and fully involved in everything.

Douglas Higginbottom
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2010, 16:18 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

09-12-10

Tropical Carrington today.Still no Ade and also today no Nigel.Good though to see Kolo in full training and the word on Nigel was that it was just precautionary as he had a sore ankle after yesterday.

Lower key day today as they set about the early exercises and running in 2 groups .Looked distinctly like the team for Saturday and the rest but not actually as Nigel was missing but should be fit.Then into a longish session just about pass and move still working in the same teams before they did some work on corners or crosses from near the corner flag.Both defensive and attacking. Boy can that Micah climb high!! Good news that Milner was beating the front defender.

Then into a game on half a pitch still keeping the teams the same.I think it ended 5 nil for City! As Rocky scored a hat trick you will gather that the team for Saturday didn't fair too well.The other 2 came from Carlos. To be fair though it was 11 against 10!Barry didn't take part being the reason they were a player short. All in all a quieter session which finished with some shooting practice whbere 5 stayed out to fire at Joe.The 5 were SWP,AJ,Milner,RSC and Kolarov and after a few minutes of this I called it a day.

I did ask if a date was imminent for MJ to get a reserve game and all I got was a smile and no commitment.Hopefully not far away but I would doubt he would be risked if the pitch was hard.

DH
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2010, 16:30 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

10-12-10

From DH:

I didn't know whther to feel a little wary about going today after the spying article.I looked up spying before I went out and it's pretty clear to me that I am doing it all wrong.Some how getting a wave from the manager each day and acknowledgements from the coaching staff and physios including the occasional chat doesnt seem to fit the definition of spying.But I suppose it's no surprise that's the way an article would get written.

Ah well on to today and it was a really good session for me watching,really good to watch.I got there early to hear some noise so I thought they had started early but it was few groundsmen kicking a ball about.Nothing too much for the squad to worry about there but then first out was Lescott to do some warm up stuff on his own.Then after they were all out and had done some standard warm up stuff they were just working in 2's and 3's and I noticed Mario and Jerome messing around together and generally having a laugh. Don't suppose pictures of that will make the gutter press even though there were a couple of the usual cameras around.

They were then organised into 2 teams for a game of handball which is always good for a laugh and this time it became hilarious. Ivan Carminati explained and demonstrated that passes could only be made with both feet off the ground. Some of them trying this were funny but watching Nigel do it almsot had me falling off my steps.He looked more like a ballerina than a footballer and was laughing constantly as it went on.The 2 stars of this game were actually SWP and Micah who were acting keepers. Micah was basically impassable.

Then Ivan got 3 players together holding hands and they had to target a player and just touch him. Lescott was target 1 and they failed because Micah let go off Mario to rugby tackle him.So then the 3 some ( MIcah/Mario and SWP) went for Nigel and got him That made 4 who went for Patrick and that was no contest.It ended with a failure to get Jerome who was too quick for them. All great fun watching the kids in playground mode.

Sanity returned as Mancini took 11 away for some coaching while the other 11 stayed around for some standard exercises before they swapped around and Mancini ended with the likely team for tomorrow.

The final bit today was a match and Milner started on fire scoring twice in quick succession, the first pinging in off both posts. Micah then scored a great goal with a surge down the middle and a 1, 2 with Yaya.RSC got his customary two and the last from a class cross from Kolarov.All in all there was some great quality and competitiveness on show and it was a pleasure to watch.

Roll on tomorrow and a great win.
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2010, 05:58 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Training Wednesday 15/12
by Douglas Higginbottom

A low key day today before they fly out and plenty of cameras around as is part of the deal pre Europa games.25 players on show today excluding keepers but still quite a bunch of what you would call key first team squad players were missing.As just reported on SSN everything seemed very relaxed within the squad.

They separated into two groups , 1 of 10 and one of 15.The 10 practiced with the yellow premier league ball and the others with the Europa ball which suggests the 10 won't be involved tomorrow.In that 10 were Tevez and Mario but also Abdul Razzak/MJ and I think maybe Assulin.I heard on SSN that the expected front two v Juve were Ade and Jo but neither has trained this week and I think Ade is still injured ( foot injury). It wouldn't surprise me if Nimley got a game v Juve. He was certainly out early and practicing his ball skills for some 10 minutes before others arrived.

The 15 played a pass and move game with both Kidd and Platt watching closely whilst the 10 had a 6 a side game at the far end from me.As I said all quite low key.

Douglas Higginbottom
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2010, 01:05 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

19-12-10

Costa Del Carrington today. Below freezing I was told but with a clear sky and a warm sun it felt perfect for some football.As I got there early I spent a little time at the front gate with some top City fans seeking autographs.They got SWP,Joe Hart while I was there and apparently were only wanting Ade and Tevez to complete a set!

Can't think of anyone missing today when they came out although after initial warm up work a couple didn't take part in the football, Zaba,Jerome but I think it will have been precautionary.Tevez in a white snood today!They did the playground tag thing again for a bit of fun.It started with the Argentinians and the 2 of them went for the easy slow target.Then it was the brothers who I think went for Lescott.The only player who escaped after being targeted was Silva. All good fun to get them in the mood.

Then after some routine exercises they played a match on half a pitch which for me was most notable by a few brilliant passes creating goals. Tevez to SWP, Mario to RSC,Barry for Silva.When Lombardo shouted 1 minute left the last goal was scored by Mario showing quick feet and a neat finish.Then Lombardo decided there were still 2 minutes left and the final goal was a quality volley from Carlos.

Milner didn't take part in the game but he stayed out working closely with Mancini.At the end Mancini stayed out talking with Mario and showing him a few moves.Unusually today there was no work done specifically with the Everton team.No doubt all that was done yesterday.

Douglas Higginbottom
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2010, 00:40 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Sunny ,warm Carrington again to day and the pitch was in great condition.The players came out slowly in 1's and 2's and first out after Abdul Razzak was RSC. He spent a minute or 2 chatting with the boss no doubt wondering where he will play on Sunday!

A few missing today and a few more who only did half a session but good to see Ade out for the first time in quite a while. Zaba was missing which is no surprise after his battering on Monday but also Kolo, Carlos and Lescott. Lescott actually came out to start but didn't last long so might have felt a niggle.

Plenty of warm ups to start with to entertain the watching crowd. Just me behind the fence but a family or two inside in and around the dug out. I assume they won a visit as a prize or Jim's at it again. A good session of keep ball followed before they switched to some finishing practice. I think 5 went in at this point. Yaya,Barry,Vinnie,Silva,Kolarov. The plan for the finishing was a ball was swung to the wing and a coach sent a cross in while 2 players attacked the box.

Seems to me our main crossers should have been crossing the ball. Especially as Lombardo was poor but at least little Fausto was quality.Finally we scored with a header and obviously it was SWP with a tremendous leap. It was actually a good goal and got a good cheer from the team.They then moved onto shots from the edge of the box or just inside and on this one the keepers won easily. Best I can say about the finishing was that it was consistent. Only two landed in the field behind the goal to wake up the horses.

To finish it was a game on a small pitch. Competitive as usual and inevitably quite a few goals scored.After a good early one from Jo the best for me was a great left footer from Jerome which curled away from Shay.Plenty of moaning at the ref from Nigel.It was good to see Nigel in the thick of it today but sadly he didn't find the net at all today , no doubt saving it for the barcodes.

Overall I would say a good but fairly gentle first session today in the build up to Sunday's game.

Douglas Higginbottom
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2010, 02:43 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

23-12-10

"Bit colder today but all out there except Kolo and RSC I think.Tough to tell early on as so many are so wrapped up it's hard to see who some are. Micah was completely covered with gloves ,balaclava ,hat the full works.

Gentle warm up stuff was followed by a warm up passing game for all but 3 of the players.Tevez,Ade and Zaba were separate and working with a physio but as we are only Thursday before a Sunday game I am sure at least Carlos and Zaba will be fine. After this session they all moved away to do some specific exercises and that's where Zaba and Tevez went in. A lone cameraman took about 10 more minutes before he asked me if Tevez had gone in! He was lost then because although he could still take long distance pictures I don't think he had much of a clue who he was taking pictures of.

After the exercises they started an 11 a side game in half a pitch where nothing much of note happened beyond an excellent Micah goal.Mancini stopped that for some more exercises and then they came back for another session of pass and move.Seemed to me plenty of care being taken on the pure fitness issues as I think Mancini was working very closely with the sports science guys, not just on what they did but on how long each session lasted.

Then to finish it was back to a football game and this one had some real bite to it. Plenty of tackles flying in and bodies going all over the place. First Yaya a knock, Nigel was sent flying, Micah was taken out by Kolarov ( Nigel scored from the pen). I think Yaya took another heavy one but all in all the players were taking it well while I was thinking the whistle should be blown for full time before somebody really got hurt.Mario got a hell of a body check which clearly hurt at the time but good to see hin hit the deck and get up quickly.The final goal came as a result of another free kick given away.It was taken quickly ,deflected onto the bar and there was Micah again to knock the rebound in to the adulation of his teammates.

Unfortunately there was one injury just before the finish and it was SWP>hopefully just a contact injury which settles quickly,Ironically it was a pure accident rather than the result of any sort of tackle ,atleast from what I saw of it.As I left Mario,milner and Kolarov were just setting up for some free kick practice."
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2011, 22:28 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

07/01/11

Filthy day today but training was on the open pitch so good news for those fans who turned up. Just a few missing, apart from the obvious Silva and Mario also Barry,Shay and Micah but no issues with them i don't think.19 players in total for the initial warm up,stretching and fun routines before they went into a passing game.

I watched Yaya quite closely in this bit. As much for the fitness as the football angles. He really does a have a great first touch and his ability to see and deliver the clever short pass is quality.On the fitness he seemed fine to me as he was almost always on the go looking for one twos ,creating good angles etc. Maybe it's just those sensational long runs which cause the odd problem.

Michael Johnson fully involved again and looking ok. He seems to think he might get a game next Tuesday in the Senior Cup v Rochdale ( if it's on) which would be really good.After the passing game they switched to something like 7 a side.The wednesday team went in at this point and a few reserves filled up the numbers,namely Guidetti,Nimley and Ibrahim.Nothing too special about this session although Vieira did finish early with Roberto Mancini filling in for him for 5 or 10 minutes.That plus one tackle on Guidetti just after he had released the ball. Glad it wasn't kolo on Ade!

I think Mancini's pass completion rate was 100% successful but I think his age caught up on him when it came to defensive duties

Douglas Higginbottom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in