Transfer Rumours Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2005, 19:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Transfer Rumours Thread

The last one was getting cramped. This one is going to be more organised hopefully with less copying and pasting.

~ The Green ne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2005, 19:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Christian Negouai has joined Championship side Coventry City on a one month loan.
The twenty seven year old is set to go straight into Coventry's squad for their FA Cup fourth round clash with Newcastle at the weekend.

The former Charleroi player who joined City in 2001 from the Belgian side has made just two appearances for the Blues senior side this term and was sent off in the Boxing Day defeat at Everton.

He converted from a midfielder to a striker this season and has scored six goals in sixteen starts for the City second string.

www.mcfc.co.uk

Hopefully it will get some wages off our books as we need to cost cut still. I hope he does well and can prove a useful player, as they might sign him permanently. He is a decent player whose been unfortunate at City with injuries. If he stayed fit he would be a decent player, and has a good scoring rate for a midfielder.

~ The Green ne
post #3 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2005, 18:15
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
Greeny...John Macken, your thoughts please .

post #4 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2005, 20:52
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester City the pride of manchester
i wud get rid of him he looks like a first division player

the academy at citys top
post #5 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2005, 16:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Give him a consistent run of games in the first team first. For a player who played most of his career in the First Division, it will be hard to adjust to the prem. He needs a run of games too get used to it. He was a decent player for us in 03-04 when he had a run of games when Anelka was injured, notably the 4-3 over spurs and the 4-1 over United in which he scored in both games. Since then though hes never had a consistent run. Whilst he maybe doesn't score enough, he does bring something to the team and links well with Robbie. we paid over the odds for him at £5m, but then football was still crazy, pre-ITV Digitial. I think we should keep hold of him, as he is better than Sibierski in my opinion as a striker.
post #6 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2005, 16:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Kiki set to join permanently?

from http://www.mcfc.co.uk/article.aspart...ll+in+progress

Kiki Musampa could still make a permanent move to Manchester City as the club begins to negotiate a possible deal for the Dutchman with Atletico Madrid.

Blah Blah blah, my mouse is broke so it is impossible to copy and paste that page no matter how hard I try. I just wrote the opening paragraph, and the rest is pretty unimportant to be honest.

I hope we get him personally. Hes improved since he arrived and gives us balance on a normally problematic left side. Hes even started to add goals now to his performances, which will remove the burden from Robbie and SWP.
post #7 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2005, 21:57
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...l&TEAMHD=soccer

Jon Macken looks poised to leave Manchester City to join Crystal Palace.

The Coca-Cola Championship side's manager Iain Dowie is believed to have made an initial approach for the 27-year-old striker.

Macken has struggled to get a regular run in the City team after being bought from Preston in 2002 for £5.5million by the then manager Kevin Keegan.

He scored once in the Barclaycard Premiership last season and it is understood he does not figure in new boss Stuart Pearce's long-term plans.

Macken, who still has a year to run on his contract, was on the bench in the final game against Middlesbrough.

But Pearce decided to use goalkeeper David James as an extra attacker in a vain attempt to get the winner, which would have secured a UEFA Cup spot.

£750 000 is supposed to be the offer :undecide:
post #8 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2005, 11:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

City in for Taylor

Source: http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=Premiership

Manchester City are reported to be planning a move for Tranmere star Ryan Taylor.
The highly-rated full back is regarded as one of the best young players outside The Premiership.
Taylor's performances at Prenton Park have not gone unnoticed and he has attracted the interest of a host of clubs.
The 20-year-old scored 10 goals for Tranmere as they made the League One play-offs before being beaten by Hartlepool.
City boss Stuart Pearce has been impressed by Taylor and is hoping to lure him to The City of Manchester Stadium.

A fullback. I am not sure which side he plays on, but 10 goals from defence is great, so hopefully he is good at getting forward. With two right backs and two left backs, that must mean at least one fullback is leaving. Be it Mills or Thatcher? Thatcher has said he wants to stay, and has been back in the time, whilst Mills has been rumoured to be moving to Blackburn, so may be more likely having lost his place. At least Pearce is concentrating on youth.
post #9 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2005, 11:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

City join D'Alessandro hunt

Source http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=Premiership

Manchester City have joined the hunt for Argentine star Andres D'Alessandro.
City are known to be short of cash so the recent news that D'Alessandro could be available on a season-long loan has caught the attention of Stuart Pearce.
Following his appointment on a permanent basis at Eastlands, Pearce will now be looking to mould the squad into his own.
Pearce has already admitted his hands are tied in terms of transfers so he could be left with just free transfers and loan players.
D'Alessandro is known to be interesting a number of sides in England who are all monitoring his situation at Wolfsburg.
According to sources in Germany, Pearce attended Wolfsburg's game at Arminia Bielefeld on Sunday.
D'Alessandro, who is just coming back from injury, played for 76 minutes in front of Pearce and is believed to have left a favourable impression.
Pearce will now further investigate D'Alessandro before deciding whether to make a move, although it is highly likely that the Argentine will have a number of offers to consider.

Sounds like good news. He is a playmaker, which is something we have been lacking for 2 seasons now, and if we can get him I'd be very happy. I have heard dissenting words about him from Wolfsburg fans, being lazy and uncommitted, but we need a player like him, so it could be a worthwile gamble. It is interesting to hear about Pearce scouting rather than doing nothing like Keegan. When did we ever hear about Keegan going to watch players? If we do get him, it could prove a masterstroke. I'd play him behind Fowler with Reyna and Barton in the centre.
post #10 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 13:12
Forum Manager
Legend

I heard today that city were interested in Alexander Frei. He's been one of the best strikers in the french league for a couple of seasons now and would be a terrific signing imo. It would also fit in nicely with the rumour about D'Alessandro.

Presumably with D'Alessandro, City would be playing 4-5-1 with him in the no. 10 position. Alex Frei is very capable of playing the lone striker role.

Anyway, we'll see i guess.

"a fan of Al-Habsi"
post #11 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 14:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I've heard that rumour. I'd welcome Frei, he impressed me when he was playing for Switzerland. D'alessandro is looking less likely though, as Wolfsburg want to sell, not loan. If we did sign him though, we'd probably play like this:

----------Barton
SWP-----D'Alessandro--Musampa
------Fowler----Frei
post #12 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 17:53
Forum Manager
Legend

tbh, I don't think D'Alessandro would be that good a signing. Yes he's talented, but I really don't think he's settle in this league. He's very small which isn't really that much of a problem for players like swp because he's extremely athletic. But Andres just isn';t at all. He hasn't really set the bundesliga on fire since he's been there either.

"a fan of Al-Habsi"
post #13 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2005, 01:49
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
Rumors have it that PAO's defensive mid Aggelos Basinas (the guy who scored the penalty against Portugal in the first Euro game) is set to join City. Apparently you guys offered Basinas 1 million euros/year... and the transfer fee is something less than that. BTW, Basinas is 30 yrs of age.

post #14 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2005, 12:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I heard that. Personally I'd rather not have another over-30 well-paid player. We should be either buying youngsters, or using our youth team. We have two good defencive midfielders in the youth set-up in Jonathon D'Laryea and Ian Bennett. 1m a yar is £20,000 a week roughly, which is ridiculous really, as we want to keep the wage bill low. Who will he play in place of anyway? Barton is too influential, and Reyna has not even had a bad game under Pearce
post #15 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2005, 20:18
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
All I can say about Basinas is he hustles a lot and makes some good tackles. Hes pretty good at set pieces and used to be good offensively. Hes had a bad year at PAO but thats mainly due to lack of trust from the fans and board and 3 coaching changes in one season (he also had the captain's armband taken away). A move away from Greece could revive him, and Ill say an in-form Basinas is waaaaaay better than Reyna (I cant say anything about Barton never seen him play).

Im not sure how close the two sides are, right now Basinas is also looking at offers from Spanish teams as I think he would rather stay in a Mediterranean country.

post #16 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2005, 20:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The thing is though Reyna is on the form of his life, and has developed a good parternship with Barton. Whilst Bassinas may be better, it remains to be seen if BAssinas can reproduce that form or not. I'd prefer for us to keep with the system that saw us go undefeated in 8 games under Pearce. Sometimes it is how the players play together, not how good they are individually.
post #17 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2005, 17:48
Star Player

Teams: Newcastle United, England
We've apparantly made a bid for SWP today. I can't see a deal going ahead though, I can't see how we'd be able to attract him at this time. Its coming up to season ticket renewall time which probably explains this rumour.

Heard anything on this TGO?
post #18 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2005, 17:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I have, its an absolute joke of a bid. £6m cash plus two players who could cause an arguement in an empty room is not a good deal for us. You value that at £16m, but I'd value it at around 13m. Robert is worth about 2m, and bellamy about 5m. Plus 6m, thats only 13m, for a player we value at 20m. I cannot see us accepting that bid at all, when we could get 20m from chelsea and buy players we want.
post #19 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2005, 19:11
International

Teams: Everton
Everton mull defender Distin move

Everton have spoken to Manchester City about the possibility of signing French defender Sylvain Distin.

The former Paris St Germain defender is one of several defenders boss David Moyes is looking at as he plans for Everton's Champions League campaign.

"The two clubs have spoken about Distin, but he won't be back from holiday for another 10 days," Distin's agent Willie McKay told BBC Sport.

In January Newcastle had a £5m bid rejected for 27-year-old Distin.

The defender, who spent the 2001/02 season on loan with Newcastle, is likely to cost Everton £6m if City decide to sell.
post #20 of 2440 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2005, 21:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Actually more like £7m

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in