Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 2440 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2006, 16:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
And whats more, Leeds are still paying £12k a week until June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 2440 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2006, 07:15
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Thomert reveals Man City, Tottenham interest
tribalfootball.com - March 13, 2006

Lens striker Olivier Thomert has revealed Manchester City and Tottenham want to sign him.
"I know Tottenham and Manchester City are keeping their eyes on me," said Thomert. "I have not yet taken a decision.

"But I will sit down with the management once the season is over."

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #103 of 2440 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2006, 22:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

We were reportedly after him in January too, but plumped for samaras instead.

post #104 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 09:06
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
Nicky Weaver to Return to the Mill?

Stags manager Peter Shirtliff refuses to talk about rumours that former stag shot stopper and Now Manchester City keeper is to make a return to Field Mill

"NO Comment!" said Shirtliff when asked this morning about the possibility of seeing Weaver return to the Mill.
post #105 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 13:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Don't be stupid. He signed a new contract yesterday, why would he want to leave? He said he wants to fight for the number 1 spot. This is the worst-timed rumour ever. And he could find a better club than Mansfield anyway, with Sheffield Wednesday his likely destination.
post #106 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2006, 15:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Blues linked with duo
Mike Whalley

CITY are believed to be tracking Charleroi defender Mahamadou Kere and Feyenoord winger Romeo Castelen.

Blues scouts are understood to have watched Burkina Faso defender Kere in Belgium in action for his Belgian club side, while Stuart Pearce will know all about 22-year-old Surinamese winger Castelen’s ability because City have close links with Feyenoord.

Midfielder Kiki Musampa is being tipped for a switch to the Dutch club this summer if the Blues do not sign him permanently at the end of his loan spell from Spanish side Atletico Madrid.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/me..._with_duo.html

He's been linked to you for ages it seems, but here it is popping up again. We actually already got a replacement for him in Benjamin de Ceulaer who's been doing well on loan at RKC Waalwijk but Castelen only a few months ago extended his contract and the club has said that they'll be doing their all to keep the stars of our team at the club till our centinary year in 2008, although I guess our chairman specifically meant Dirk Kuijt.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #107 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2006, 22:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The Castelen rumour is hardly new. Ever since SWP left we've reportedly been after him. I'd gladly have him. Sinclair will turn 33 next season, so we need new blood, and as much as I'd like to be proved wrong, Lee Croft isn't EPL Standard. Therefore at around £3.5m I'd love to have Castelen.

As for Kele, I've also heard that rumour in the past few days. I'm worried though that hes a replacement for Distin. Hopefully he won't be as bad as Negouai anyway! Either way, I'd rather keep Distin, and even if we sold him, replace him with Onuoha/Richards.
post #108 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2006, 23:59
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
As for Kele, I've also heard that rumour in the past few days. I'm worried though that hes a replacement for Distin. Hopefully he won't be as bad as Negouai anyway! Either way, I'd rather keep Distin, and even if we sold him, replace him with Onuoha/Richards.
He's a typical African defender. Defensively he's quite good, but from time to time he makes awful mistakes and tackles.

Negouai is playing the last couple of weeks as a striker at Standard

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #109 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2006, 02:28
Rising Star

Teams: AC PARMA- - Manchester City EPL- -San Lorenzo ARG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA
He's a typical African defender. Defensively he's quite good, but from time to time he makes awful mistakes and tackles.

Negouai is playing the last couple of weeks as a striker at Standard
i share the same view!
post #110 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2006, 04:18
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Meanwhile, Juventus are today being linked with French international midfielder Olivier Dacourt.

The former Leeds United ace, who Capello bossed at Roma, is set to leave the capital at the end of this season after failing to agree terms over a new deal.

Dacourt has been linked with clubs in France and England, with Premiership sides Bolton and Manchester City interested in his services.

channel4

========================

Spurs close in on Cherundolo
tribalfootball.com - April 18, 2006

Tottenham have joined the race for Hannover 96 fullback Steve Cherundolo.
The USA international has Spurs, Bolton Wanderers and Manchester City keen to snap him up at the end of this season.

Cherundolo has played down speculation of a move to the Premiership, though he has been scouted by English club managers in recent weeks for both Hannover and the USA.

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

Last edited by Carson35; April 19th, 2006 at 05:07.
post #111 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2006, 19:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Is Cherundolo a left or right back? Still it doesn't fill me with much hope. Hes hardly Julio Arca who we DO need.

The Dabo rumour is good to hear as hes a good player, but at the same time, City need to wash their hands of Willy McKay. Hes screwed us over once too many times, and we need to disassociate ourselves with him. Its bad enough he represents our Captain and our best player.

It looks increasingly likeley Barton will be off in the Summer, and it stinks that we need to signed a Bosman to replace him. Arsenal are sniffing, and £8m is the quoted fee, which I'd be delighted with. That can be used to sign a few players. I'd like to see us sell Distin for £5m, probably to Villa or Newcastle, move Micah Richards to his natural position, and make Richard Dunne our captain. With the £13m we'd have we can sign a left back (arca), a Defencive midfielder in the Joey role (Billy Jones), and a striker, plus make the Riera deal permanent.
post #112 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2006, 22:43
International

Cherundolo is a right back..
post #113 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2006, 00:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well hes a waste of time then. We have Danny Mills who is of equal ability, and hes not even our first choice. Nedum Onuoha and Micah Richards can play that role. Cherundolo would bring nothing to our squad.
post #114 of 2440 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2006, 14:17
Rookie

WE need More.....

We really need to bring in a quality midfielder and another striker is malbranque still an option???

Last edited by The Green One; April 23rd, 2006 at 22:28.
post #115 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:42
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

dabo going to man city???

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/may2m.html

post #116 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 17:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, the Dabo rumour has been going round for a while now. Whilst its not exciting, its good to hear we're being linked with quality players, especially as we need someone for that holding role.
post #117 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 15:31
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
Very sad for me but great news for you guys as Dabo joings on a bosman. He is a great d-mid that lazio will sorely miss. One of the first players on the team sheet.

Good luck Dabo

FORZALAZIO!
post #118 of 2440 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 22:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, its a bit of a dilemma. A good player, but a terrible agent.
post #119 of 2440 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2006, 01:10
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester City
It looks like City will sign Dietmar Hamman according to Skysports. He will leave Anfield and prefers City over Bolton

http://home.skysports.com/transferne...icle&id=401889
post #120 of 2440 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2006, 04:57
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Tottenham table offer for Man City kid Richards
tribalfooball.com - July 14, 2006

Tottenham have made a £5 million bid for Manchester City defender Micah Richards.

The Mirror says Spurs football director Damien Comolli made the formal approach yesterday and City chairman John Wardle will now have to decide whether to accept the huge bid or try to keep hold of the young diamond.

Tottenham see Richards as a starter in their side next season, with his ability to play right-back, centre-half or defensive midfield making him one of the best and most valuable up-and-coming English players around.

City will not want to lose Richards but he has two years left on his contract and there is always the risk he lets that deal run down and moves on for a fraction of his true worth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in