Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2006, 21:58
Premier Player

Dean Ashton to Man City for 7million? Thats whats being rumoured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2006, 23:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
7m is way overpriced. I'd pay 4m max. Hes good, and would give us a new dimension in the air, but I'd never pay 7m. We've only got 8m to spend in January, and we're more desperate for midfielders.
post #63 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2006, 00:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

from www.bbc.co.uk

-----------------

Espanyol midfielder Albert Riera looks set to join Manchester City on loan until the end of the season.
Talks are well advanced to bring the Spaniard to the City of Manchester Stadium before the FA Cup match with Scunthorpe on 7 January.

The 23-year-old was once rated one of the best young midfield players in Spain, moving to Bordeaux for 4m in 2003 from Real Mallorca.

But he has made only seven appearances for Espanyol this season.

Pearce is looking for three or four players in the January transfer window to boost his side's push for a European place.

He said: "There is still a deficit of players from the summer.

"Three or four signings would be a reasonable number to supplement the squad we already have."

Pearce added he had received no offers for out-of-favour forward Robbie Fowler.

The former Leeds and Liverpool striker had been linked with a loan move to Norwich and his contract is up at the end of the season.

"The Robbie Fowler situation is irrelevant," said Pearce.

"He is like anyone else at our club in that if someone made a serious offer for him, we would sit down and think about it but we have had no inquiries."
------------------------

Interesting. He obviously has potential, as Bordeaux saw the need to pay 4m for him. Hopefully Psycho can tap into that ability like he has done with our players so far. But it looks like Kiki's spell here could be coming to an end.

post #64 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2006, 06:01
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
City ace eyes loan exit Fri, Jan 06 2006 10:27

City striker Andy Cole has told rookie hitman Bradley Wright-Phillips he must leave the club on loan to benefit his first team hopes.
The 20-year-old has struggled to make an impact in limited substitute appearances for the Blues and veteran Cole believes he must "toughen up".
With Blues boss Stuart Pearce keen to recruit a new striker in the January transfer window, Wright-Phillips could find his opportunities restricted further, and Cole believes his time would be better served elsewhere.

He said: "I work with Bradley a lot and he has a good future ahead of him. He is sharp, has a great eye for goal and within 18 months to two years, when he has filled out a bit more, he will be a good player.

"I have told him if he gets a chance to go out on loan then he should grab it with both hands. He should go to one of the better Championship sides because it would be a great experience.

"If he gets goals in that league he will have done well because some of the defending in that division is brutal compared with the Premiership and it will toughen him up."

Wright-Phillips has hit two goals for the Blues having made 26 senior appearances, all of which have been as a substitute.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_de...20060107022459

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
post #65 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2006, 09:43
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
Greek site sportime.gr has reported that City has come to an agreement with Heerenveen and striker Giorgios Samaras for a move in the summer. Apparently City will pay Heerenveen 8 mill euros for the transfer and theyve already agreed on a contract with the player for 4.5 years.

Arsenal has been linked with him for the last 6 months. If this is true I think you guys are getting an absolute gem. Hes a tall striker with pace and strength and hes incredibly gifted technically. Hes definitely the most talented Greek striker out there right now.

Heres the link if anyone wants to translate the article using altavista...
http://www.sportime.gr/football_insi...rticle_id=3882

post #66 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2006, 14:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Brilliant :rollani:

Do we really want to fork that kind of money out for someone we won't get for another 6 months? If we want to challenge for Europe we need players now. He sounds good if Arsenal and a few others are after him, but then again, its a lot of money to be paying for an unproven player. I mean, remember Gilles de Bilde who knocked them in in Holland, signed for Wednesday for a load of money and was useless?

I'd rather spend it now on someone who can play this season. We have the Growler back now anyway, so we should concentrate on getting a midfielder first.
post #67 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2006, 22:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I heard the funniest City rumour today. According to the People, Joey Barton will be leaving City to head for the mighty Middlesbrough. A clear step-up in his career, Barton will break his word that he wants to end his career with City to realise his dream of playing on Teeside.
post #68 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2006, 00:44
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
Brilliant :rollani:

Do we really want to fork that kind of money out for someone we won't get for another 6 months? If we want to challenge for Europe we need players now. He sounds good if Arsenal and a few others are after him, but then again, its a lot of money to be paying for an unproven player. I mean, remember Gilles de Bilde who knocked them in in Holland, signed for Wednesday for a load of money and was useless?

I'd rather spend it now on someone who can play this season. We have the Growler back now anyway, so we should concentrate on getting a midfielder first.
I hear that man, 8 million euros is a lot of money. However he has plenty of experience in European competition and internationally with the U-21 team. Its only a matter of time before he gets called up for the nt. I cant say how well hell do in England but I will say that if I could compare him to someone you probably have seen -- hes way way better than Charisteas.

post #69 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2006, 07:48
Star Player

Teams: ARSENAL, Greece, Cyprus
Samaras is a very talented player and still young. 8 million euros is not too much for him.

''My family and girlfriend did not want to move. Its hard when your a teenager to go to another country. BUT WHEN YOUR AN ARSENAL PLAYER, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.'' - Cesc Fabregas
post #70 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2006, 11:09
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
From the little I've seen on him Greenie, if I was you I'd be over the moon. He's great and still very young. He's an enormous guy but has both pace and skills.

Oh, and he's coming right away apparently, not in the summer.

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
post #71 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2006, 19:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yep, read that. I'm slightly more optimistic now after hearing AMOROSO's views, and the rest of y'all. It wasn't so much doubting Samaras' talent, as more I didn't like how we were going to get him in July rather than now.

If we can get him now, and as Amoroso describes him, it should be excellent. He must be good if Arsenal have been after him, and I guess 4.8m isn;t too bad considering what Norwich and Palace are charging for Ashton and Johnson. I just hope Paul Bosvelt puts in a good word for City.
post #72 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2006, 20:34
Premier Player

Im glad to hear that youre getting him now. It means that Rehaggel will have to give him serious consideration for the nt if he can cement a place in the first team at City. The sooner the better.

post #73 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2006, 21:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Can you tell me what kind of striker he is btw? We need a big strong lad whos good in the air. Does he fit this description?
post #74 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2006, 10:18
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Can you tell me what kind of striker he is btw? We need a big strong lad whos good in the air. Does he fit this description?
He's very big but I haven't seen him use his head much. He's not very reliable in front of goal either (though he scores quite a few goals), but these are improvable.

post #75 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2006, 12:42
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Reminds me a bit of Ibrahimovic style wise. I always seem to catch his bad games though so I'm not especially high on him just yet. Maybe I should have watched Heerenveen Vs Ajax.

post #76 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2006, 16:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Cheers for the info, although I wasn't overly impressed by the comments by some of the Greeks in there g00nis. City not big enough for some unheard of 20 year old Greek striker? :rollani:
post #77 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2006, 21:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I did. Talented though he may be, the attitude of half the Greeks is a little over the top.
post #78 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 18th, 2006, 18:35
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Yeah I did. Talented though he may be, the attitude of half the Greeks is a little over the top.
What are you talking about? I don't think anyone will be unhappy at Samaras signing for City.

post #79 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 18th, 2006, 20:51
Premier Player

Quote:
Cheers for the info, although I wasn't overly impressed by the comments by some of the Greeks in there g00nis. City not big enough for some unheard of 20 year old Greek striker? :rollani:
Come again?

post #80 of 2440 (permalink) Old January 18th, 2006, 21:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Read the comments by some of the members of greeksoccerforum. A handful seem to think its not a big enough step

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in