Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2005, 14:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
I hope we can get Ashton, hes a great prospect, and would give us 10 years of service. Plus he is a blue so would obviously choose City over the others. My only concern is that in spending £7m we'd have nothing left to get a midfielder.

Elsewhere Guardiola has turned down the offer of a 6 month contract.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2005, 07:18
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Pearce: Distin wants new Man City deal
tribalfootball.com - August 26, 2005

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce insists defender Sylvain Distin wants to sign a new deal - not move to Liverpool.

He said: "Our squad is very thin and getting good players in has been very difficult.

"Sylvain has not been in to see me, nor has his agent.

"If anything, the noises he is making are that he wants to sign a new deal.

"We even talked about that in the summer. We want to secure all our best players on long-term contracts.

"We did it with Shaun and want to do it with Sylvain, too, as he is a big player for us."

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #43 of 2440 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2005, 04:28
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Juve: We can't afford Del Piero Friday 16 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus patron Lapo Elkann has again publicly humiliated Alessandro Del Piero, dubbing the captain “an expensive luxury for the team.”

Elkann, the heir to the Agnelli throne, has already run up column inches in the Italian Press with his comments on Del Piero and Bianconeri target Antonio Cassano, but this latest tirade is possibly his worst yet.

“Del Piero costs too much for what he brings to the table,” Elkann was quoted as saying in ‘Il Giornale’. “He is a luxury that we cannot afford any longer.”

The Italian international earns approximately £3m per season and his contract expires in 2008, but the fact that Fabio Capello has left him on the bench for most of his time in charge suggests that he’ll be parting company with the club sooner rather than later.

Elkann is not the only FIAT owner to make such statements, as last week Luca Cordero di Montezemolo pointed out, “I’d prefer Cassano to Del Piero as a testimonial for the new Punto, as he is more likeable.”

This will only add to reports that Del Piero will leave Juve as early as January, with offers from Japan, Arsenal, Manchester City or even Milan.

Emerson has rushed to the defence of his teammate in today’s Press Conference. “I saw Del Piero training well and he has recovered from his injury. He’s important to all of us.”

channel4

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

post #44 of 2440 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2005, 05:45
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester City
Somehow at 3m a season City couldnt afford him either!
post #45 of 2440 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2005, 15:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

WEll now I am glad we didn't sign him, 3m a season is worse than McManaman's wages!
post #46 of 2440 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2005, 16:14
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Premiership duo tracking Chelsea defender

11:24 10/13/2005

Chelsea Football Club defender Robert Huth is in demand with two Premiership clubs…

The German international is keen to secure a loan move away from Stamford Bridge in the New Year, as he aims for regular first team football in order to win a place in the Germany World Cup squad.

There will certainly be no shortage of takers for the player, with latest reports suggesting both Aston Villa and Manchester City are willing to offer him a chance to stay in England.

"He is trying to break into the Chelsea team and at the same time he is trying to be in the national squad," said his agent Manfred Schulte. "It is very difficult for him to achieve that and he will make up his mind before Christmas what he wants to do.”

That would be good for him, because I think he likes to play rather in England as in Germany and so he would secure his WC chances. And I´d rather see him play for City than for Villa.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #47 of 2440 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2005, 18:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thats bullshit, a few days ago Pearce said he had no desire to strengthen his defence. He'd never get a game at City with Distin, Onuoha and Dunne ahead of him.
post #48 of 2440 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 20:41
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

All Eyes On Ribery
11/16/2005 3:00:00 PM

According to reports, up to nine clubs had scouts at Tuesday evening’s France-England under-21 clash, with Marseille’s Franck Ribery thought to be high on the agenda.
Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham were the Premiership contingent with Milan, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax and Feyenoord also represented.

Ribery, who impressed the watching scouts, said after the game: "Everyone is talking to me about the French team. I am happy as it proves I am working and I hope, one day, I will have an opportunity.

"I am young but the national team is something fantastic and I know coach Raymond Domenech is watching me."

goal.com

post #49 of 2440 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 23:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

That would be excellent, but the competition is too much for us.
post #50 of 2440 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2005, 21:52
Legend

Teams: Albania NT, Parma
Latest; keane to Man city :eekani:

I don't have a sig.
post #51 of 2440 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2005, 23:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I heard that. I doubt it would ever happen. There'd be revolts. Whilst Cole was a red, we never really hated him, for he never did anything to harm us. Keane was a dick who epitomised everything we hated about United, and is an animal of a player, who I would not like associated with the club. If he signs, I'm off to support Oldham
post #52 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2005, 06:52
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
Man City ponder releasing Fowler
tribalfootball.com - December 1, 2005

Manchester City are considering releasing Robbie Fowler in Janaury.
The Telegraph says City may let Fowler go in the transfer window as the striker is only two appearances away from them having to pay £500,000 to former side Leeds United.

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
post #53 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2005, 07:45
International

Manchester City - Midfielder set to sign
30 Nov 2005 15:39

Stuart Pearce has confirmed he has opened negotiations with Finnish midfielder Tuomas Haapala.

The 26-year-old has recently spent two weeks on trial at the Eastlands and Pearce has been impressed enough to start contract talks with the player.

The Finnish international is out of contract with MyPa and Pearce is keen on signing the player.

"He's finished his two-week trial, he wanted to pop home on Saturday but we have verbally agreed to open contract negotiations with him. If we and his agent can organise a contract, we will take things forward from there." Pearce told City's official website.

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
post #54 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2005, 18:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

That one about Robbie is a lie. Why would we release him? We need cover for our strikers, as we'd only be left with BWP, Cole and Vassel.
post #55 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2005, 22:05
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester City the pride of manchester
city are after steven pieneer who plays for ajax he 21-22 year old he plays for the south africa team he looks quality

the academy at citys top
post #56 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2005, 17:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rumour mill: City in Lopez link
CITY could be set to move for Barcelona striker Maxi Lopez, according to reports.

The Argentine striker has been linked with a move to the Premiership after failing to break into the first team at the Nou Camp.

The 21-year-old moved to Barca last season for £8m, but with a roster of attackers that includes Samuel Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Henrik Larsson, the youngster has barely featured.

He is reportedly keen to move to secure first team football ahead of the World Cup - and the Daily Mail claims City will open talks with the player this week.
----------------------------

From www.manchesteronline.co.uk

Sounds like good news. A good player, who could add something to the side. I'd gladly take him on loan, but would he come?
post #57 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 10:17
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester City the pride of manchester
i doubt it i really hope he comes tho

the academy at citys top
post #58 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 16:49
International

Manchester City have agreed a short-term deal with Finnish midfielder Tuomas Haapala.

Haapala impressed City boss Stuart Pearce during a trial spell at Eastlands last month.

The former MyPa ace will officially join City at the start of January when the transfer window reopens.

Pearce has challenged Haapala to win a place in the side and earn a longer deal at the City of Manchester Stadium.

"He's got a lot of hard work to do to break into the side," Pearce told the club's official website.

"But he does have the opportunity to impress within a small squad.

"If he takes that opportunity by the scruff of the neck and does well then we can get back and tell him that we want him to stay with us."

post #59 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 19:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thats not a rumour, its been confirmed

Hopefully he'll add a bit of depth, but at 26, if hes not already been picked up by a European team, hes hardly going to be the final piece of the jigsaw is he?
post #60 of 2440 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2005, 02:23
Premier Player

Teams: Man Utd , Brentford
currently off my face sup

"When the seagulls... follow the trawler... it's because they think... sardines will be thrown... into the sea". yes Eric

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in