Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 2440 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2005, 23:28
Premier Player

Teams: Oman national team, AC Milan, Azzuri and Samba
Man City and Bolton are linked with Omani national Goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi (currently at Lynn in Norway)

He's better than David James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant King
We love, because we believe, the team will never let us down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 2440 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2005, 00:53
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLDiNi|3
Man City and Bolton are linked with Omani national Goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi (currently at Lynn in Norway)

I heard he was going to Bolton but couldnt get a work permit..
post #23 of 2440 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2005, 21:34
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Antifa fc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLDiNi|3

I don't think City are gonna buy this summer unless they sell SWP, I hope they don't

post #24 of 2440 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2005, 17:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Why? Cos he'll go to one of your "title rivals" (can't help but laugh at that) instead of you, or because you just want him to stay at City?
post #25 of 2440 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2005, 22:51
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester City
City are after signing Aston Villa striker Darius Vassel. I hope this does not mean that we'll do a deal and let Distin go?
post #26 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 05:37
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Inter vie for Valencia pair Sunday 31 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nerazzurri continue their search for a new striker and are reportedly eager to bring Marco Di Vaio and Bernardo Corradi back to Serie A.

The departure of Christian Vieri has left a gap in the squad and a replacement should be brought in before the Champions’ League preliminary round tie against Shakhtar Donetsk. In order to play those games, the players must be registered on August 4.

Several names have been linked – including Juve’s Fabrizio Miccoli and Genoa top scorer Diego Milito. The Argentine is a particular favourite of Roberto Mancini’s, although he has also been tracked by the Bianconeri. “Milito is an excellent centre-forward with a great future and could be very useful for us,” said the Coach.

With Juve’s interest in mind, the latest option for Inter is said to be Marco Di Vaio. The Italian international has been fairly successful in his first La Liga campaign with Valencia following last summer’s move from Juventus, netting a creditable 11 goals.

He already has Serie A experience and could play as both a classic centre-forward and in a supporting role, but there is one major stumbling block to this move.

Di Vaio has already featured for Valencia in the Intertoto Cup this summer, so he cannot be registered for any other European club competition.

His teammate Bernardo Corradi could fit the bill and is on the look-out for a new side following his dismal first Spanish season, scoring just three goals in 21 appearances.

Manchester City and Parma have been in negotiations, but put off by his £1m per season wages. Inter could step in and take Corradi back to the San Siro, where he spent only a few weeks before being sold to Lazio in 2002-03.

Mancini’s staff are working hard in Spain at the moment to seal up moves for Real Madrid duo Walter Samuel and Luis Figo. The ex-Roma defender is expected to sign on Monday, while the Portuguese legend is still in negotiations.

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #27 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 16:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

i saw that. Good player, but do we need him when we've now got 4 strikers?
post #28 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2005, 20:55
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Parma show Corradi caution Wednesday 3 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma have stated that their proposed move for Valencia striker Bernardo Corradi is far from complete.

Some stories last night claimed that a deal was almost done but the Serie A side have cooled the speculation.

"I don’t think anything will be resolved in the near future," sporting director Oreste Cinquini told the GRT network.

"I’m not that optimistic because money is always at the centre of these things, even if anything can still happen.

"We have spoken to the player but the negotiations are complicated. The problems? We have them with Valencia and the player."

Parma are understood to be keen on signing the player on loan, with Valencia paying a portion of his wages.

Corradi is looking for a switch after an unhappy year in Spain following his departure from Lazio last summer.

The 29-year-old netted just three goals in 21 La Liga appearances and made it clear he was unhappy with the experience.

The former Chievo hitman has been looking for a move back to Serie A and was linked with a series of clubs, including Inter, Milan, Sampdoria and Fiorentina.

There was also Premiership interest from Manchester City.

Parma want Corradi after they sold star striker Alberto Gilardino to Milan for £17.2m last month.

channel4

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #29 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 00:33
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
From BBC

Man City end Malbranque interest

Manchester City have ended their interest in signing Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque - after having a second bid for him turned down.

City had already failed with a £4m offer for the 25-year-old.

And City spokesperson Rosie Bass confirmed: "The player has indicated that he wishes to stay with Fulham and our interest in him has now ended."

Sky Blues boss Stuart Pearce was keen on Malbranque after losing Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea for £21m.

A statement on Fulham website's said: "A second increased bid from Manchester City for French midfielder Steed Malbranque has been turned down.

"After conversations with manager Chris Coleman, the player had also decided that he would prefer to remain with the club.

"We are delighted with the player's commitment to the new campaign."

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
post #30 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2005, 17:55
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has offered a week's trial to former Barcelona stalwart Pep Guardiola.
The 34-year-old midfielder spent 17 years at the Nou Camp, followed by spells with Brescia and Roma in Italy, before playing for a club in Qatar.

Pearce is looking at the ex-Spanish international on the recommendation of former City midfielder Ali Benarbia.

Guardiola is likely to feature for City's reserve team against Middlesbrough next Tuesday night.

Yasser Hussein, who was also suggested by Benarbia, has been offered a six-month deal by City.

City officials are hoping to resolve work permit problems to allow Hussein to start his career at the club.

The 23-year-old winger is a regular for Qatar, who are currently 75th in the Fifa rankings - outside the top 70 laid down by immigration rules.

Liverpool were refused a work permit for Mark Gonzalez as Chile are ranked 72nd in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

wonder if Pep has anything left ?

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #31 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2005, 18:26
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Pep could play till 37/38 I think. He can't really slow down or lose strength because he's always been a slow feather. I think his class could endure. Would be a great signing imo, Joey Barton would have to be a complete thug to look after him but I can't see that being a problem.

post #32 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2005, 00:17
Xtratime Elite

I think it's more down to motivation than whether he has the ability , Hierro came back and did well for Bolton, it's whether Pearce can get it out of Guardiola for me, i wouldn't rule it out because watching Pearce on the touchline motivates me when i'm sitting on my armchair

post #33 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2005, 07:25
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Well Guardiola wanted to come to the prem rather than Brescia when he left Barca but had no takers. He's wanted to play here for a while and has people to prove wrong so I think he'll be motivated.

post #34 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2005, 16:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd be delighted to sign him. Why do we have him on trial though?! Get him in before someone else steps in! He is a class player, who I believe has another 2 or 3 years in him possibly, and will be a good signing, as we need a playmaker who can split a defence, and Pep can fill that role hopefully. I plan to watch him play for the reserves on Tuesday against Boro. Hopefully he;ll show us he still has it.

Also great news about Hussein, he'll be a good signing. Ali Benarbia is a great scout for us it seems!
post #35 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2005, 17:09
Xtratime Elite

I suppose Pearce has to make sure first before he offers him a deal, i doubt Pep will play for peanuts.

post #36 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2005, 20:32
Premier Player

City have made a £1m bid for Boltons Stelios. It has been turned down but the player has a clause in his contract that if he asks for a move then a mill is the asking price.
post #37 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2005, 20:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, we could do with him after Sinclair's crappy performance on saturday. £1m would be a bargain. Its a bit rich for Big Sam to be bitching about us making it public when he makes a whole load of his bids public. Remember his bid for Rivaldo? That was the most publicity I've ever seen at the Horwich Wind Tunnel!
post #38 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2005, 06:54
Premier Player

Lol! Yes I remember. Anyway. Bolton want 3m now. He's not worth that much. Big Sam should be more worried about losing Okocha to some Qatar club.
post #39 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2005, 09:05
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Liverpool set to trump Man City for Bolton's Stelios
tribalfootball.com - August 20, 2005

Liverpool are reviving their interest for Bolton midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos.

The Mirror says Stelios has a £1million escape clause in his contract and Liverpool are expected to match that figure over the weekend and ask for permission to speak to him.

Bolton are losing their fight to keep Stelios after Manchester City made an offer last week - with a £25,000-a-week contract on the table for the player.

City thought they had Stelios in the bag but bad blood between them and Bolton has scuppered their bid and given Liverpool a second chance.

post #40 of 2440 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2005, 06:50
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Man City plan £7M bid for Norwich's Ashton
tribalfootball.com - August 23, 2005

Manchester City have joined West Ham and Wigan in the race to land Norwich City striker Dean Ashton.
The Sun says City boss Stuart Pearce is ready with a £7million bid for the England Under-21 hitman.

Norwich boss Nigel Worthington is adamant they do not have to sell Ashton and is furious with the ongoing speculation surrounding the England prospect.

========================

Barton: Man City boss Pearce saved me
tribalfootball.com - August 23, 2005

Joey Barton admits Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has saved his career.

helping turn his life around after he was sent home in disgrace from City's pre-season tour to Thailand.

Instead of the sack, the midfielder was offered 'lifestyle coaching' with Tony Adams and responded with a goal for City against Birmingham on Saturday.

Barton said: "Stuart Pearce didn't have to do what he did after Thailand and I have great admiration for him, not just as a manager but also as a man.

"Hopefully I can repay him with performances of a high standard. I am so glad the club stuck by me through the bad times."

Barton gets stick at every ground in the country but he insists he would rather confront a baying crowd than be on the sidelines.

He added: "You get people having a go and saying stupid things but that's opposition fans.

"When I get on the pitch all the things in my personal life are finished. It is all about playing for my football club."

Last edited by Carson35; August 23rd, 2005 at 06:57.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in