Week 6: Emmen - Feyenoord - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 21:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Week 6: Emmen - Feyenoord

Sunday at 14:30 or 07:30 CDT (USA). Another away match for Feyenoord.

Expected lineup:
Vermeer
Karsdorp, Botteghin, Ie, Haps
Fer, Tapia
Berghuis
Toornstra, Jorgensen, Sinisterra

Time for Toornstra and Jorgensen to get starts. Berghuis could play on the right wing, but Toornstra actually does pretty well with bringing the offense from that side. Kokcu needs to sit. He is still not ready for primetime.

Need a win. Jorgensen needs to get a brace or hattrick to break out of his several season-long slump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2019, 20:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Media expects Narsingh to start up front instead of Sinisterra lol. That will be the only change.

Kokcu scored a brace against Emmen last season, but that was probably with van Persie up front. Now we have nobody to keep centre backs busy.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 13:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

Jorgensen not even on the bench. Commentator said that Feyenoord don't want to risk him on the fake turf at Emmen. Just say NO to fake turf.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 13:36 Thread Starter
Star Player

3' Feyenoord take the lead 0-1. Long pass from Tapia to Berghuis who taps it back into space for Kokcu to put away.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 13:45 Thread Starter
Star Player

12' Long through ball puts Berghuis down the left side who crosses to Narsingh in front of goal, 0-2.

Narsingh has now scored more goals for Feyenoord than he did in 2.5 years in England.

Last edited by Teak; September 22nd, 2019 at 13:50.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 13:53 Thread Starter
Star Player

21' Emmen pull one back from a DeVos corner into upper right corner, 1-2.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 14:05 Thread Starter
Star Player

32' Sergio Pena hits an arrow directly into the upper left corner for Emmen, 2-2. Feyenoord getting hit on the break easily.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 14:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Jorgensen not even on the bench. Commentator said that Feyenoord don't want to risk him on the fake turf at Emmen. Just say NO to fake turf.
Ah, that could be it. Was worried he had a setback in his recovery.

Emmen started really poorly and we thankfully took advantage with Kokcu doing well on his favourite ground.

We've now switched off in the last fifteen mins and it's 2-2 lol

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 14:20 Thread Starter
Star Player

2-2 at the half. DeVos and Pena both with their first goals in the Eredivisie, both arrows into upper corners, couldn't have been placed any better. Reminds me of the strike that stole two points against Heerenveen, they might never hit those that accurately again.

Why oh why? Ajax and PSV would be up 4-0 or 5-0 at this point.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 14:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

We could be 3-2 down lol
I didn't see de Leeuw foul anyone

Last edited by Wally; September 22nd, 2019 at 14:50.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 15:16 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
We could be 3-2 down lol
I didn't see de Leeuw foul anyone
He pushed Haps forward so that he had a free header.

But it doesn't matter, Emmen scored once again and now lead 3-2. Feyenoord heading to a loss away to the bottom side. Emmen is the squad I would have picked to have them face after a mid-week EL match and it looked to be a cake walk in the first 20 minutes.

Too bad we don't have anyone who can take a decent free kick.

I did get some beans shucked during the match so it wasn't a completely wasted two hours.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 15:33 Thread Starter
Star Player

And then Toornstra ties it up in stoppage time (90+6') off an assist from Bannis, 3-3.

Still, dropped 2 points to the bottom side. Bottom side. Any other would have kicked our fannies out of the stadium.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 23:56
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, AC Milan
Glad I wasn't able to watch that, would have ruined my otherwise nice day. Absolutely laughable defending in all goals (though fair play to Pena or whatever his name is, that was a bullet of a shot). At least based on the highlights, Senesi looked like a walking disaster. Hope he's better than those two awful errors indicate. Hope Toornstra and Jorgensen are fit soon. Just don't know what to do about defense. Ié looks more like a full back, and Senesi looked pretty dreadful apparently. I'll say it very much looks like we've massively bungled this transfer window, though Narsingh looks like he'll be at least somewhat useful. I mean, Ié or hopefully Senesi will be useful in the sense that at least the former is still better than van der Heijden. And he's just on loan. Senesi cost a lot of money.

But anyway. Did you see how our players 'celebrated' our goals? Or rather, didn't. Well, didn't pay attention the last one really but the way they reacted to the first two goals communicated problems in the squad. I wonder what's going on.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2019, 09:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Kokcu indeed didn't really celebrate his goal. Narsingh meanwhile dedicated his goal to friend and former footballer Kelvin Maynard who got gunned down in Amsterdam last week. Media claims Maynard could have been involved in a cocaine rip deal. Still sad as he leaves behind kids too.

Senesi indeed looked a bit off the pace. Hopefully it's a one-off and lets blame the astroturf while we're at it p

Van Hanegem today in his column complained about our midfield. It indeed isn't the most dynamic. Tapia looks lethargic, is better with the ball than without. I think he'll be the first to be sacrificed for the bustling Toornstra.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2019, 11:51
Star Player

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up regarding Narsingh. Kökcu though, any idea why? Has he been criticized by the fans or?

And suppose Van Hanegem might have a point. I thought during the Rangers game that our midfielders looked a bit casual, both Fer and Tapia. Very early in the season I thought they looked robust defensively but both looked like they were more interested in contributing to goals (which I thought was Fer's problem when he was younger). I still don't know if putting Toornstra in the midfield. I still don't like him there; he doesn't have much of a first touch nor the awareness for that position. And he can't use his best asset - his shot - nearly as often as a winger, the way he plays that position. On the other hand I think Tapia is pretty good in one on ones, and he has a good passing range. But whilst our midfield looked pretty good in defensive terms just a month ago, now it's a walkover much of the time. I'm also not sure if the problem is with the players or with the coach. I've not been convinced by many things Stam has done so far, apart from finally dropping vd Heijden from central defense (which is worth a cheer to be sure).
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 01:20
Rookie

Will Orkun be something good or wille he be another Clasie?

Man Feyenoord talents usually turn into shit. Even Wijnaldum became Wijnaldum when he left for PSV.

Meanwhile Ajax is making bank selling their talents.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 13:33
Star Player

I don't know. I wouldn't attribute Wijnaldum's trajectory just to PSV. He's kind of a late bloomer, the level he's reached now. It's not easy to attribute someone's level to specific points or periods of time in their careers. Not that many real talents in the first place. Castaignos certainly was a disappointment, and Vilhena is ok enough but still looked like he had potential for more. De Vrij's done well, and Karsdorp I think was unlucky with his injury. I still think he's very good. The rest, not sure if they ever were such big talents (though Clasie looked good in his early twenties, but that was probably at least partly because of El Ahmadi).

But I think there's two things going on probably. Ajax has had a really good generation of youngsters just now, or recently. Feyenoord hasn't really even produced that many talents in the first place, and many potential ones have been poached by large European clubs at a very young age.

About Kökcu, time will tell. Looks like he has the footballing intelligence and technique to become quite good. I think he's too slow still, or can't compensate his slowness enough with other qualities, and is inconsistent. He's very young and has a lot of time to develop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in