EL: Glasgow Rangers - Feyenoord - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 16:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
EL: Glasgow Rangers - Feyenoord

Thursday 21:00

Firstly RIP Fernando Ricksen at just 43. Sad to see him wither away all those years with motor neurone disease.

Wonder what line-up we'll see. Will Jorgensen (who got half an hour on Sunday) and Toornstra with his physicality get starts?

I have a feeling we will.

Vermeer

Karsdorp - Botteghin - Ié - Haps

Fer - Tapia
Toornstra

Berghuis - Jorgensen - Larsson

I actually know little about the Rangers side. Yes, there's JD and I recognize names like Helander, Arfield, McGregor, Flanagan, King, Ojo and Morelos, but can't say I've seen them in the last few years. I expect them to come at our faces though.

On paper we're probably the two weaker sides in the group, but that doesn't say all. I think we'd be happy to get a draw.

Prediction 1-1

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 19:51
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, AC Milan
Morelos is really good, but very temperamental. He likes to wrestle with defenders so good thing we have Botteghin for that. Glen Kamara is great in the NT, like really good, but haven't really seen him play for Rangers. He's a classic central midfielder.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 10:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Jorgensen and Toornstra won't start afterall. They can't play 90 minutes.

It'll be Sinisterra or Narsingh up front with Kokcu playing behind

Rangers apparently also have a guy who's a real good set-piece taker, RB James Tavernier. 11 goals and 14 assists last season. We'll have to look out.

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 19:56
Star Player

Those are crazy stats for a right back. How come he hasn't been snatched up by now??
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 20:14
Star Player

Ié accidentally handled in the box -> penalty -> Tavernier hit the post. Melted under Vermeer's steely gaze!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 20:28
Star Player

Ojo takes Rangers into the lead with a hard shot from just outside the box, after some pretty shaky play from us. We had a decent start, but have been really nervous ever since that penalty. Kökcu looks out of his depth. Generally I'm beginning to be of the opinion that he should be benched, let him get experience as a substitute.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 20:53
Star Player

An absolute rubbish half from us after a decent start. Kökcu and Larsson out immediately, please. I don't think Larsson did anything useful apart from that near-miss in the beginning. Karsdorp has been solid, and Ié's having a decent battle against Morelos who's pulling every dirty trick he can think of, as usual. Basically, Karsdorp, Botteghin, Ié, and Vermeer have been the only ones who can have some pride in their performance. Fer and Tapia were waking up towards the end, but things need to get better.

We also keep trying to get through the middle, which they've crowded out. That needs to change. We're also overly conservative considering we're one down. Hope we'll see Jorgensen come on soon, and someone to replace Kökcu. Maybe Toornstra, but I'd prefer Narsingh on the right and Berghuis in Kökcu's stead.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 21:13
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Just got off work. Are there any websites streaming this match live? I want to watch the second half if possible.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 21:24
Star Player

eredivisie-streams.net works for me.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 21:26
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
eredivisie-streams.net works for me.
Thanks.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 21:55
Star Player

cricfree.top

Well, I got to see the final 15 minutes plus stoppage time. There were some nice through balls near the end, but it was too little too late.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 21:58
Star Player

Well, that's that. We improved in the second half, but couldn't really create consistent scoring chances and couldn't convert the ones we created. Attack-wise things improved once Jorgensen got on the pitch. Ié continued his tussle with Morelos and had the upper hand throughout; good second half from him. Fer and Tapia improved as well and finally started actually doing things with the ball, stringing some passes together. Larsson improved as well and had was involved in a few smart plays. Berghuis really couldn't get into the game properly; I'm not sure if he tried too hard of it was because of the attack not really working in the first half at all, and then tiring himself. Regardless, not his most influential outing. Narsingh looked decently sharp coming on and was close to scoring a goal. Jorgensen as mentioned, was an improvement and provided some much needed ball holding ability, and put in a smart cross too. He came on too late in my view though.

Could have probably been more structured. I guess that mirrors the game: it was a bit of a mess, but both teams fought hard. Rangers' better performance in the second half took them to a deserved victory.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 21:59
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
cricfree.top

Well, I got to see the final 15 minutes plus stoppage time. There were some nice through balls near the end, but it was too little too late.
Sorry Teak, noticed I spelled it wrong: eredivisie-stream.net. I get a good stream from there every time.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 22:03
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Sorry Teak, noticed I spelled it wrong: eredivisie-stream.net. I get a good stream from there every time.
No worries. I remembered what I had been using before ESPN+ started carrying Eredivisie matches. If I can get off work early this fall when the Europa League matches are on, I can use the eredivisie or cricfree sites to find a stream that works.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2019, 07:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

It was a pretty dreadful performance. Vermeer was probably our only player who deserved a 7 / 10. Rest were 6s or less. Ié had a torrid time in the first half against Morelos. He somewhat improved as did the rest of the team. In the first half, bar for the opening ten minutes, we hardly had the ball as we lost every 50/50. It's a shame Jorgensen and Toornstra still aren't fully fit.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2019, 14:06
Star Player

I'm not *quite* as pessimistic. I thought Karsdorp generally did alright throughout, and I thought both CBs were half decent, but our midfield failed terribly, both in defense and attack. And Ié actually, I genuinely think, had an even battle with Morelos in the first half and eventually got the better of him. Even that stats say Ié won most of his challenges, and had a passing % of 97 with 4/6 successful long passes. I will say that I think I'm still comparing him to vd Heijden, so the standard to beat isn't all that high. Ié is weak in the air for a CB though, so Botteghin will need to step up there if this pair is to remain our CB pairing. But we've just bought that Johnson or whatever his name is, as well as Senesi so really don't know what the plan is there.

Anyway, generally probably our weakest performance this season, in a string of mostly mediocre performances so yeah, doesn't look great.

Btw, I thought Vermeer wasn't just good, but great. That double save of his against Morelos was world-class.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in