Week 27: FC Utrecht - Feyenoord - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 23:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Week 27: FC Utrecht - Feyenoord

Sunday at 14:30. Not going to watch this live. If we lose or draw, ain't going to watch the replay.

Expected lineup:
Vermeer
Martina, Botteghin, Van der Heijden, Haps
Clasie, Vilhena
Toornstra
Berghuis, Van Persie, Larsson

Not sure about the lineup. Too many under performers so maybe it doesn't matter who plays or not. Expect a draw or a loss. We will finish in 4th or 5th and lose in the EL playoff scheme. Whatever. Will have a new coach and squad next season anyway.

Hard to stay interested at this point in the season. My mother died last Friday after only a few days in hospice. At the age of 90, her heart couldn't battle an infection that she picked up. At least no more suffering.

Spring has come back so life is looking better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2019, 23:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Aiii my condolences Teak.

It indeed is hard to be excited about the rest of the season, but it really would be a shambles if we were to simply give up. Midfield and attack should at least be able to do something against Utrecht.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2019, 15:36 Thread Starter
Star Player

Thanks, Wally.

I see where we lost in the 95th or 96th minute to Utrecht. Now in 4th place with Heracles climbing. This reminds me of a few seasons back when the squad basically gave up in the spring, allowing AZ to overtake them, and then losing in the EL playoffs at the end of the season. What is it with Feyenoord and the springtime collapses?

But at the end of every season, only a few set of fans get to rejoice over the season. Clubs that win their league or get promoted have something to cheer about. Everyone else is, "Whatever, we'll try again next season."

I am mostly curious about where Tony Vilhena will end up.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2019, 20:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
It'd be a real sad ending to the season (and van Persie's and Gio's time at Feyenoord) if we were to lose in the play-offs to say Utrecht or Vitesse.

We weren't actually worse than Utrecht today. Thought Utrecht were pretty average. Just like us really, but it was typical of us to just lose it like that in the final moments after coming back from a two goal deficit.

Berghuis was dropped after a training ground incident, but nothing has been said about what it was about exactly.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2019, 21:51
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, AC Milan
Very sorry for your loss, Teak. Hope you'll start feeling better soon.

I wasn't able to watch the game as one of my best friends got married this weekend and I was best man. I kind of was anticipating a poor result. Annoying about Berghuis too, will be interesting to see what's been going on.

Also, Teak, appreciate the Jokerit profile pic!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 00:43 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Very sorry for your loss, Teak. Hope you'll start feeling better soon.

I wasn't able to watch the game as one of my best friends got married this weekend and I was best man. I kind of was anticipating a poor result. Annoying about Berghuis too, will be interesting to see what's been going on.

Also, Teak, appreciate the Jokerit profile pic!
Thanks, Clocker.

Yeah, as I said earlier, the Jokerit logo is the coolest in the whole of the sports world. Whoever came up with that was a genius.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 12:24
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Thanks, Clocker.

Yeah, as I said earlier, the Jokerit logo is the coolest in the whole of the sports world. Whoever came up with that was a genius.
The designer is a guy called Jorma Hinkka who was about to graduate from Ateneum (nowadays the Academy of Fine Arts at the University of the Arts Helsinki), and who at the time worked for Yle, the national broadcasting company of Finland. Hinkka's colleague from Yle recommended him to her husband who was an active member of the Jokerit community, and this guy hired Hinkka, presenting him with a bunch of joker cards from card decks. As a reward he got a bunch of tickets for Jokerit matches, but he wasn't interested in sports and never used him. He's worked as a graphic designer and art director his entire career and is in his 70s now. The logo was designed in 1966 or 1967.

Last edited by Clocker; April 2nd, 2019 at 18:46.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 17:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Just wanted to pass on my condolences also Teak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 22:23 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Just wanted to pass on my condolences also Teak.
Thanks, Jeffrey!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 22:25 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The designer is a guy called Jorma Hinkka who was about to graduate from Ateneum (nowadays the Academy of Fine Arts at the University of the Arts Helsinki), and who at the time worked for Yle, the national broadcasting company of Finland. Hinkka's colleague from Yle recommended him to her husband who was an active member of the Jokerit community, and this guy hired Hinkka, presenting him with a bunch of joker cards from card decks. As a reward he got a bunch of tickets for Jokerit matches, but he wasn't interested in sports and never used him. He's worked as a graphic designer and art director his entire career and is in his 70s now. The logo was designed in 1966 or 1967.
Wow. Thanks for this information. It is interesting to me.

It just isn't the logo either, but the name also. Here in the USA many many sports teams are named Tigers, Lions, Cardinals, Bears, and etc. No one uses the 'Jokers', but in fact that is a name that I would pick over any of the animal names. I can't think of any other sport squad in the world named the Jokers. Totally cool.

Too many team names are too serious. Like there are still Bears running around Chicago or Tigers in Detroit. There are, however, plenty of jokers running around, especially in Congress!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in