2019/20 Season - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2019, 01:51
Rising Star

we would also satisfy FFP just by all the shirts we'd sell. alas, I try to play fantasy DS based on what information is avilable about our financial situation and the swirling rumors. in any case I will not stop bringing Ziyech up whenever a chance presents itself to me
dr hackenbush likes this.

as roma

Formerly known as "Of wolf and Man" because of XT's awesome new security measures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2019, 14:22 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: AS Roma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Man View Post
we would also satisfy FFP just by all the shirts we'd sell. alas, I try to play fantasy DS based on what information is avilable about our financial situation and the swirling rumors. in any case I will not stop bringing Ziyech up whenever a chance presents itself to me
Pallotta should buy him and then all fans would be pro Pallotta after that. Ziyech just refused a move to Sevilla since he didnt think that was a step up from Ajax. Not sure where we stand atm. Shick to Fiorentina has started to take pace. Lets hope.
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2019, 21:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
As long as you don't buy Higuain anything is good. I really hope that Petrachi has some granata left in him not to make that huge favor to Juventus. Luckily it looks like Higuain doesn't like to move to Roma anyway, but with the players you never know!
Funlovin and dr hackenbush like this.

post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2019, 21:34
Star Player

Teams: AS Roma, Italy
I agree that would be a poor deal for us.
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2019, 12:55 Thread Starter
Rising Star

A new CB and RB must come now ffs. And keep Dzeko one more year unless we get silly amount of money for him, aka €25m or more.

If we can get this done we are in a much better situation than we were last season.

Forza!
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2019, 07:32
Rising Star

so, the performance against Madrid was good and refreshing. we still need a CB and we should find us a starting RB, other than that I'd just trim the surplus players and keep the rest as is.

as roma

Formerly known as "Of wolf and Man" because of XT's awesome new security measures.
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2019, 21:17
Star Player

Dzeko renews!

After watching him in the last friendly I was thinking to myself that Roma should do everything they could possibly do to keep him.. he was central to almost EVERY Roma attack... creating chances, scoring, holding up play, distributing the ball... great move to keep him

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2019, 08:05 Thread Starter
Rising Star

He has been great in all friendlies so far. And he fits in nicely with Fonsecas tactics.
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2019, 17:25
Rising Star

IMO the only name mentioned that would've elevated Roma, was Icardi. however, despite the talent and the Serie A experience, the move made no sense when his salary is considered and the issues he brings along. resigning Dzeko is the best option to grantee continuity and give time for either Schick (doubtful) or Celar to rise and take over.

as roma

post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2019, 17:55 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Zappacosta arriving tonight and will do medical tomorrow for a year long loan. Good deal. Now a quality CB and our mercato will be excellent. ��
post #51 of 69 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2019, 19:24
Rising Star

I'm guessing by the lack of posts that the first match left as much of damper on everyone as it did on me. every time I rewatch the first goal Genoa scored and see Jar Jar jump and close his eyes while trying to head a nonexistent ball like an elementary school kid, I lose a little more hope in humanity.

anyway, the derby is tomorrow and god save us all if JJ starts.

as roma

post #52 of 69 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2019, 07:25 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Man View Post
I'm guessing by the lack of posts that the first match left as much of damper on everyone as it did on me. every time I rewatch the first goal Genoa scored and see Jar Jar jump and close his eyes while trying to head a nonexistent ball like an elementary school kid, I lose a little more hope in humanity.

anyway, the derby is tomorrow and god save us all if JJ starts.
Watching him in that game was like being in a horror movie.

That said, we all know where Roma is weak, that we needed two new CB after Manols left(and how bad wasn't he last night against the cheaters) and a new RB. We got new additions but most if not all cash should have been used to fix these issues. With quality players.
Funlovin likes this.
post #53 of 69 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2019, 14:09
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
Another round/season of an experimenting mercato, not addressing the real issues.

When JJ came in 2016, I thought he'll survive max one season as 4th pick, look at him now.

Simone Loria
post #54 of 69 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2019, 19:11 Thread Starter
Rising Star

We got a lucky draw, 1-1. Players that should never start for Roma is, Fazio, Florenzi, Kluivert. Add to that weak play from Kolarov, Pellegrini and Under. It's a miracle we got a point. On the upside, Mancini had a solid performance and Zaniolo was very good.

Last edited by dr hackenbush; September 1st, 2019 at 19:39.
post #55 of 69 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2019, 14:53
Legend

Fonseca is on the road to Zeman and LE irrelevance with this lack of compactness. Dude starts Kluivert at the last moment instead of Zappacosta, leaving us with the hapless Dutchman, Zaniolo, Dzeko and Under on the pitch at once supported by only Pellegrini and Cristante in the midfield, neither of which are enforcers. Only the posts and crossbar saved us from defeat.
We can only hope that the new coach is a quicker learner, that Smalling - fifth in ManU's pecking order - is an improvement over the hapless Fazio, winner of the Concrete Boots award, who we just renewed for some unknown reason. We're still bringing in players haphazardly on Sept. 2, another bizarre and unfocused mercato that isn't reaping rewards on the pitch.

It works if you work it.
post #56 of 69 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2019, 17:47 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Fonseca is on the road to Zeman and LE irrelevance with this lack of compactness. Dude starts Kluivert at the last moment instead of Zappacosta, leaving us with the hapless Dutchman, Zaniolo, Dzeko and Under on the pitch at once supported by only Pellegrini and Cristante in the midfield, neither of which are enforcers. Only the posts and crossbar saved us from defeat.
We can only hope that the new coach is a quicker learner, that Smalling - fifth in ManU's pecking order - is an improvement over the hapless Fazio, winner of the Concrete Boots award, who we just renewed for some unknown reason. We're still bringing in players haphazardly on Sept. 2, another bizarre and unfocused mercato that isn't reaping rewards on the pitch.
Zappacosta got injured during warm up. But yeah, Kluivert is one of Monchis useless buys. We need to split up the current midfield pairing and mix them up with Diawara and Veretout.
post #57 of 69 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2019, 15:34 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Good win against Sassoulo. We could have scored 15 and should have scored 10. Better defense than before. But still shaky. Can only become better.

Forza!
post #58 of 69 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2019, 23:58
Professional Pirate
International

Teams: False 9
Forza Roma
post #59 of 69 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2019, 00:00
Professional Pirate
International

Teams: False 9
I know Veretout isn’t fully at peak physical condition but man he’s giving me David Pizarro vibes
post #60 of 69 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2019, 15:53
Legend

Club is cursed, always has been, and its medical staff? What do you say now that days after Bouah and Zappacosta fell injured with the injury, Diawara today may have ruptured an anterior cruciate ligament in the knee. Sick. Florenzi (x2), Karsdorp, Stroot, Emerson, Rudiger, Capradossi, Pellegrini, the list goes on and on....like 17 in 7 years, according to Gazzetta. Will the club address this? wtf is going on? Come to Roma - ruin your knees

It works if you work it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in