Xtratime Community banner

2018/19 Season

13K views 283 replies 17 participants last post by  dr hackenbush 
#1 ·
Might as well start a new thread for coming season.

#3 ·
Coric, 21, joins the Giallorossi from Croatian champions Dinamo Zagreb on a permanent basis, for an initial fee of €6 million.

In addition, should the player be transferred before 30 June 2020, Dinamo retain a right to 10 per cent of that fee or €2m – whichever figure is the greater.

The midfielder has signed a five-year contract that runs until 30 June 2023.

#5 ·
AS Roma are delighted to announce the signing of Spanish defender Ivan Marcano.

Marcano, 30, has signed a three-year contract with the Giallorossi that runs until 30 June 2021. The contract includes an option for a fourth year, a clause that will be activated automatically dependent on the meeting of certain conditions.

#7 ·
“Cristante will probably be leaving this summer,” Percassi told Sky Sport Italia.

“We’ve got some interesting players returning from loan, such as Luca Valzania and Matteo Pessina, while Musa Barrow is more than just promising now and even scored for Gambia on international duty.”

Percassi was asked about Atalanta’s interest in Roma winger Defrel, who has struggled since his move from Sassuolo.

“Defrel is one of the three or four players we are tracking between defence, midfield and attack, but we know it’s only June, so we’ll intervene where it is most necessary.”
lets hope the interest is real and that they either sign him or we include him in the deal for Cristante, if that ever pans out.

#11 ·
Cristante joins on an initial loan deal that will run from 1 July 2018 until 30 June 2019, for a fee of €5 million.

As part of the agreement, the Giallorossi have an obligation to complete the permanent signing of the player for an additional €15m – upon the completion of various sporting targets.

The overall agreement also includes a number of performance-related bonuses, based on the achievements of both AS Roma and the player, worth up to a maximum of €10m.

Cristante has reached an agreement with the Giallorossi on a contract that will run until 30 June 2023.

#12 ·
Kluivert, 19, joins the club on a permanent transfer from Dutch side Ajax Amsterdam.

Roma have paid an initial €17.25 million for Kluivert. The deal also includes a number of performance-related clauses, based on the achievements of both the player and the club, that are worth up to a maximum of €1.5m.

In addition, in the event of the player’s future sale Ajax will be eligible to receive 10% of the difference on any transfer fee greater than €25m – up to a maximum possible payment of €4m.

The Netherlands international has signed a five-year contract with the Giallorossi that runs until 30 June 2023.

#19 ·
AS Roma is delighted to announce Betway as a Main Global Partner.

The club has agreed a three-year deal that will see the leading online bookmaker become Roma’s Exclusive Training Kit Partner up to and including the 2020-21 season.

Reports say we will get 5 million euro per season.

And a rumour say that we will get Hyundai as back sponsor on our kit. No sum being reported. Might be launched on our US tour.

#24 ·
we've struggled creatively last season and had to grind out results, our midfield needed playmakers and so Coric and Pastore were brought in.
no one is replacing De Rossi at the moment, Gonalons will be his sub.

#26 · (Edited)
by the way, it seems from what was said in the media by Coric and from what little I've seen so far in the preseason, EDF wants Coric to take over De Rossi's role.

Edit:
forget what I said, he started in DM and 3 minutes later switched with Strootman.

#31 ·
yes, we played a midfield of DDR, Strootman and Ninja and in theory you could play Stroots in place of DDR and add Pellegrini. but we do have a direct replacement in Gonalons (who, to be frank, didn't have a very good season last season) and the composition of the midfield will be different this season.

however, I'm all for a midfield of Pastore, Strootman and Pellegrini against less dangerous teams.

#34 ·
if I take the preseason into consideration,what little of it there is at this moment, I'd field Pastore-De Rossi-Pellegrini.
what De Rossi adds to the team defensively and also in distribution from the back cannot be replicated by any of our current midfielders, unfortunately, and while Strootman is a physical player with a serious commanding presence who can push the ball forward well, he still doesn't have the defensive awareness or the tackling ability that DDR has, making him more prone to losing the ball or be carded.
on the same subject, EDF was asked after the Latina friendly if he's going to play Strootman as a DM in the future and he answered no. he said that he played Strootman there in the second half because he didn't have Gonalons at his disposal.

#37 ·
I was looking at reports that we were willing to spill 80 mil on Chiesa. But to your main point, I guess I'm not that high on our defense. Last season, we were an injury to Manolas away from mediocrity in the back (Fazio-Juan Jesus). Castan and Gyomber aren't the answer and I doubt they will remain. This Spanish CB we picked up for 5 mil or so looks promising.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.