2018/19 Season - Page 12 - Xtratime Community
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 234 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2019, 17:43
Rising Star

ok, the idiot is gone and I can watch and comment here without having to repeat the same shit over and over.
the tinker man won his first match against all odds by making it simple and returning to basics, and by doing so we realized the fact that Roma B should win against Empoli on the pitch, with all due respect to Empoli. not only that but Empoli had a decent scoring record in their past few games and we stopped them from scoring any goals despite missing Manolas, Fazio and Florenzi's red card (yeah, the match ended 2-1 but we scored all 3 goals). play your players in their roles, your CBs don't play a suicidal high line and never cross the half line to play as your deep laying playmaker, and if they do pass the line one of the dual pivots drops back to cover, keep possession and focus on vertical passes to cut back on dangerous interceptions and never pass the ball back to your keeper.

the amount of midfield and attacking wing talent in our squad means that the best utilization of it is fielding a variation of 4-3-3 (preferably 4-2-3-1). this of course goes against Ranieri's wish to field Dzeko and Schick at the same time, especially since he views Schick as a striker.

Edit: boy do I feel let down.

as roma

Formerly known as "Of wolf and Man" because of XT's awesome new security measures.

Last edited by Wolf Man; March 17th, 2019 at 00:42.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 234 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2019, 17:56
Legend

it's nice to see Schick start
post #223 of 234 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 00:40
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
it's nice to see Schick start
no, no it's not.

as roma

Formerly known as "Of wolf and Man" because of XT's awesome new security measures.

post #224 of 234 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 01:12
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Man View Post
no, no it's not.
That's coming from someone who last saw him play at Samp

post #225 of 234 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 17:34
Rising Star

well the tactics used yesterday didn't serve him well, and he does work hard for the team, however he's been a huge disappointment in all aspects since arriving (especially when considering how much we paid and are still paying for him). at the moment he's Iturbe 2.0, and it seems that he's just as baffled as we are by his inability to produce despite having obvious skill, so much so that he hired a mental coach.

as roma

post #226 of 234 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2019, 18:19
Legend

Teams: AS Roma
"We're not making the CL so we're going to have to sell players..." Bitch you been selling players since you came here, stop with lame ass excuses and get to work. Maybe we would have made the CL if your weak ass didn't sell off the spine of the club during the offseason and replace them with NZombies. There's a sense that things are coming home to roost, that Roma will be relegated to Rometta status for years down the road because of our failure to plan. Lost at sea with an idiot as an owner.

It works if you work it.

Last edited by Primo; March 31st, 2019 at 23:00.
post #227 of 234 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2019, 19:36
Rising Star

just pay UEFA, what was it? the 12 million euro penalty, like Milan did and keep the players.
I can understand and get behind the excuse before, but now there is precedence and no need to sell quality and gamble on the reinvestments.

we don't know yet who our coach or DS are going to be next season, but if I was to play fantasy DS for the summer I'd sell Under, Dzeko, Nzonzi, Pastore and Jesus, I'd also try to offload the returnees Defrel, Peres and Gerson while maybe keeping Gonalons. I'd bring Luca Pellegrini back from loan out of necessity, work out whatever deal we have with Atlanta for Marco Tumminello to make sure he returns to us because the boy is quality, send Bianda out on loan, and sign only 3 players with the money generated + whatever it takes and the 12 million penalty, if needed. Chiesa, Mancini and Barella.

Code:
              Olsen
             Mirante                    (Fuzato)

Karsdrop-Manolas-Mancini-Kolarov
Florenzi-Marcano- Fazio -Lu. Pellegrini (Santon)

Cristante-De Rossi-Zaniolo
  Pellegrini-Barella-Coric              (Gonalons)

Chiesa-SES-Kluivert
    Florenzi-Schick-Perotti
this would of course be the base to build on and make better in the seasons that follow, a base filled with talented young Italian players who are easier to keep.

all of this is premature though, we have to pray that Milan stumbles tomorrow because I don't see us taking anything away from Napoli.

as roma

post #228 of 234 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 12:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT
Federico Chiesa is clearly out of reach.
post #229 of 234 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 15:48
Rising Star

well it is fantasy DS work after all
ToniSamp likes this.

as roma

post #230 of 234 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2019, 07:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Olsen 4th/5th in the league? No way. He is not even top 10.

Anyway, Di Francesco has been sacked and Ranieri should replace him.
Been away but is back ish. He was ranked that high up to xmas. After that he has been the goalkeepers own Iturbe.
post #231 of 234 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2019, 08:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Man View Post
just pay UEFA, what was it? the 12 million euro penalty, like Milan did and keep the players.
I can understand and get behind the excuse before, but now there is precedence and no need to sell quality and gamble on the reinvestments.

we don't know yet who our coach or DS are going to be next season, but if I was to play fantasy DS for the summer I'd sell Under, Dzeko, Nzonzi, Pastore and Jesus, I'd also try to offload the returnees Defrel, Peres and Gerson while maybe keeping Gonalons. I'd bring Luca Pellegrini back from loan out of necessity, work out whatever deal we have with Atlanta for Marco Tumminello to make sure he returns to us because the boy is quality, send Bianda out on loan, and sign only 3 players with the money generated + whatever it takes and the 12 million penalty, if needed. Chiesa, Mancini and Barella.

Code:
              Olsen
             Mirante                    (Fuzato)

Karsdrop-Manolas-Mancini-Kolarov
Florenzi-Marcano- Fazio -Lu. Pellegrini (Santon)

Cristante-De Rossi-Zaniolo
  Pellegrini-Barella-Coric              (Gonalons)

Chiesa-SES-Kluivert
    Florenzi-Schick-Perotti
this would of course be the base to build on and make better in the seasons that follow, a base filled with talented young Italian players who are easier to keep.

all of this is premature though, we have to pray that Milan stumbles tomorrow because I don't see us taking anything away from Napoli.
We need to fire Baldini, start buying developed players, and get Totti more involved in the player process.
post #232 of 234 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 16:00
Rising Star

Milan stumbled against Parma and it's now imperative that we beat Inter, we'll have to do it without De Rossi though. at least SES mad it and will paly.

as roma

post #233 of 234 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 17:10
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr hackenbush View Post
We need to fire Baldini, start buying developed players, and get Totti more involved in the player process.
if we believe the rumors swirling around that Dzeko will go for 20m to either Inter or West Ham, and that Nzonzi will reunite with Emery at Arsenal for 26m, and if we actually miraculously make it to CL and set more realistic mercato targets, then I'd keep the same plan I've stated above but I'd get my man Hakim Ziyech instead of Chiesa (Italian players tend to prefer staying in the peninsula, but Juventus will be offering more in wages and price) and if I can't get Barella, then I'd go for Tonali.
also, if it's true that Olsen has suitors in the EPL and he wants to leave, then I'd say goodbye to the big Swede (who apparently is procrastinating when it comes to learning Italian) and get Cagliari's Cragno.

the starting 11 would remain largely the same and the squad will get an injection of young, mostly Italian, talented players.

I still believe that SES can be a great striker and if Kluivert reaches his potential, a Ziyech, El Shaarawy and Kluivert combination with Zaniolo behind them would be lethal.

as roma

post #234 of 234 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 20:20
Legend

Pig Pallotta said he wants to build the future around Zaniolo and Pellegrini, so expect them to both be sold, too.

It works if you work it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in