Champions League 2018/19 - Page 37 - Xtratime Community
 142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #721 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 09:55
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Che Forever View Post
Messi definitely needed to step up in big CL QF games, like Ronaldo was. Their 3 QF exits since 2015, he didn't score in any of them.

And has done this season.

Fair play.
Yeah sure, he is still the better player by individual performance for all those years than Ronaldo. Average match (any competition) he outperforms Ronaldo.

Also, if we factor in beauty, is Ronaldo even relevant? Scoring headers and tap-ins is good for the stats, but I doubt anyone can remember any of the goals Ronaldo has scored for the past 4 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Because CL is more important than any other club competition. CR7 is proving it on his own skin, since he has won serie A and no one gives a ****.
post #723 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indexi View Post
Also, if we factor in beauty, is Ronaldo even relevant? Scoring headers and tap-ins is good for the stats, but I doubt anyone can remember any of the goals Ronaldo has scored for the past 4 years.
The overhead kick vs Juventus one year ago, out of my head. Again, if we are talking about a Messi v Ronaldo, I accept any opinion, if the argument is CR7 scores thanks to tap-ins instead...

post #724 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 13:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Liverpool played an excellent game up until the 70th minute. I fully understand if Klopp's satisfied with his team. They had a good attacking variety for the first 55-60 minutes where they tried to utilize their pace behind Barcelona's defense. Sergi Roberto was strongly affected by this (hence why Semedo came on) and I think they should've used Arthur instead of Vidal. It turned out good in the end but it won't always be the case. I also think Liverpool showed up several defensive and pressing concepts which I think were incredibly well executed. It had everything: quickness, precision, aggressiveness, intensity.

They were also good in terms of neutralizing Barcelona's pressing game for large parts of the game: ter Stegen to fullback, Piqué to switch plays etc. There were patches where they didn't do it as well during the mentioned 70 minutes but they played with lots of authority. Barcelona actually had to invent a play with ter Stegen-Vidal (long central pass to the middle of the pitch) late in the second half to avoid losing the ball. I really liked how Liverpool used the ball. That last part is very hard to achieve and it's a very positive sign for the future.

The difference between fighting with Barcelona and Madrid (as people in Spain will know) compared to Manchester City is that they have a few exceptional players who make the type of difference that wins you games. It has been shown in the league during the past decade that Messi is simply better than anyone else but unfortunately lots of people choose to ignore this because they don't really watch what happens in LaLiga but the Champions League. It's harder to win LaLiga than the Champions League..because you need to keep Messi and Suárez at bay for 38 rounds as opposed to a double header x3 plus a final..
camelface likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #725 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 13:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Btw, this might sound crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool put 3 goals past Barcelona in the return leg if they play like they did yesterday. Circumstances will of course condition all of this..however, Barcelona have Messi and them going goalless from Anfield will be very hard.

Dembélé should've taken the game to 4-0 or even 5-0 btw. Some horrendous finishing on his part.
kırmızımavi likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #726 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 14:14
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
The overhead kick vs Juventus one year ago, out of my head. Again, if we are talking about a Messi v Ronaldo, I accept any opinion, if the argument is CR7 scores thanks to tap-ins instead...
Yeah that was a nice goal, but it's very rare for Ronaldo to score goals like that while Messi does crazy things every other match. Ronaldo is a football machine while Messi is a football god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
Btw, this might sound crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool put 3 goals past Barcelona in the return leg if they play like they did yesterday. Circumstances will of course condition all of this..however, Barcelona have Messi and them going goalless from Anfield will be very hard.

Dembélé should've taken the game to 4-0 or even 5-0 btw. Some horrendous finishing on his part.
It's possible, I agree with you that Liverpool looked like the better team for most of the match, but they didn't really have chances to score goals so it will be interesting to see. A more aggressive approach also means you are giving Messi more room so that might backfire too. Also Dumbele missing those chances was hilarious, you could see Messi was frustrated because he is thinking the same that 3-0 might not be enough.
post #727 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 14:25
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Atletico-MG
Liverpool needs more Egyptian players and less "son" players in the team. Very fast, intense, but not really creative without much space and Firmino helping out the building of the play and opening space with his movimentation.

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".
post #728 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 16:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Che Forever View Post
lol it's Khalid.

Everything he says, the opposite happens.

I said its Messi’s year in February, so we shall see...

As for poor defense, Liverpool’s defense is no worse than barca’s, just one team hit the post from 5 yeards the other scored a freekick from 30 yards, both had more or less same number of shots on goal...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #729 of 894 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 16:35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
opening space with his movimentation.
post #730 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Great game in Anfield, best two teams in europe ATM

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #731 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Ooh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #732 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Dembele must be feeling like shit now

post #733 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:24
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Dembele must be feeling like shit now
why?

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

post #734 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
LIVERPOOL IS THE 2ND GREATEST CLUB IN HISTORY AFTER REAL!!! MAGICAL TEAM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #735 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Well, u cannot blame Messi for his teammates doing everything not to win a CL, again...

post #736 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoods View Post
why?

Missing two easy 1on1 chances in Camp Nou...

post #737 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:44
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Missing two easy 1on1 chances in Camp Nou...
that's what happens when you're late to practice...

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

post #738 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:50
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
And the time every year where Pique confirms he is shit then the summer comes and he starts another season is here

Amazing what Pique gets away with year after year, his rating today is a solid 0 out of 10...

post #739 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Dagoods must be gutted about his teams Real and Barca missing out on CL glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #740 of 894 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:52
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Dagoods must be gutted about his teams Real and Barca missing out on CL glory
Messi Barfa

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in