BALLON d' OR 2018: The Case for CR7 - Page 6 - Xtratime Community
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 110 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2018, 20:02
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Of course it is a bad thing if awards are given due to popularity. Or if you don't like that word then use famousness.

It should be given purely on performance but that is not the case. And hasn't been for a long time.

Stop trying to twist this into something it is not.

Achievements are made collectively
The forwards are not the only players that play

But j am gonna stop here since we have to agree to disagree

According to you we should only follow live score and stats

First of all let me tell you one little fact of hypocrisy of most of you

You say people who don't follow a lot of players vote but you,Gica and few other posters are the experts who have not watched Madrid a single game last year to tell me who have watched every game 3 times that Luka Modric was not even Madrids best player last year?

And what if i say Luka Modric was by far our best player last season? You gonna put me in the group of people who have no clue of football like the ones who woted?

But of courseeee you ,Gica the eternal Madridd hater and Zoric are experts? GTFO and show some humility

If the winner was supposed to be from Madrid cos of the CL that guy was supposed to be none but Luka.If you disagree with this than ok,nothing to add.But don't discredit everyone who disagrees with you
Ante likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 110 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2018, 20:23
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Benzema View Post

But j am gonna stop here since we have to agree to disagree

First of all let me tell you one little fact of hypocrisy of most of you

You say people who don't follow a lot of players vote but you,Gica and few other posters are the experts who have not watched Madrid a single game last year to tell me who have watched every game 3 times that Luka Modric was not even Madrids best player last year?

And what if i say Luka Modric was by far our best player last season? You gonna put me in the group of people who have no clue of football like the ones who woted?

But of courseeee you ,Gica the eternal Madridd hater and Zoric are experts? GTFO and show some humility

If the winner was supposed to be from Madrid cos of the CL that guy was supposed to be none but Luka.If you disagree with this than ok,nothing to add.But don't discredit everyone who disagrees with you

Only thing to add is, yes Gica is a little wan.ker who doesn't have a clue.

I do tip my hat to Zoric, arguably the most knowledgeable footie poster at XT.

His only problem is that he supports our little Madrid brothers...

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #103 of 110 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2018, 20:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Quote:

You are putting words in my mouth. Where did I say goals or stats should decide? I said performance should decide. I am all for defenders having equal chances as attackers.

Quote:

You are the one discrediting people who disagree with you. I can guarantee you I watch more matches (Madrid if you want to be specific) than most of the people who voted in the award.

But more interestingly you are implying I said Modric should not have won. I never said that. I said the whole award is a mess. It does not matter who wins it at this point. If you cannot distinguish between those two things than indeed arguing is useless.

And just to add one more thing, you said exactly what you think should happen and what is another point that makes such awards useless: "The winner has to come from the CL winner." The best player could be in a team that cannot win anything because he is the only good player in that team. Still if he is better than any other player in the world he should get that award. But as it is right now (and apparantly that is something you support) he has no chance at all.

The last time something like that happened was maybe Weah in 95. Paris was not the same kind of club as it is now.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God

post #104 of 110 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2018, 20:43
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Quote:

And what if i say Luka Modric was by far our best player last season?
GICA obviously doesn't follow Modric but this is just you making abstraction of CR as always. He was hands down our best player and Luka comfortably 2nd best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #105 of 110 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2018, 20:57
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
GICA obviously doesn't follow Modric but this is just you making abstraction of CR as always. He was hands down our best player and Luka comfortably 2nd best.
Winning 3 CL in a row, and 4 of 5 has turned Gica and the other messi fanboys into a wreck.

Anyways, little Missi's time is ending soon...and with him in his prime, they can't win the CL and watch us win an unheard of 3 in a row...
pele10brazil likes this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #106 of 110 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2018, 00:58
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
And just to add one more thing, you said exactly what you think should happen and what is another point that makes such awards useless: "The winner has to come from the CL winner." The best player could be in a team that cannot win anything because he is the only good player in that team. Still if he is better than any other player in the world he should get that award. But as it is right now (and apparantly that is something you support) he has no chance at all.
This is a good point.

I think that Modric still deserves it for being absolutely sublime for both club and NT. Aside from how he plays the game, the way he is a kind of talisman who elevates his teammates (especially his NT mates) is something that is incredibly special.

People are talking about Iniesta in 2010. It was between Sneijder and Messi but I think it should have been between Milito and Messi. Milito was instrumental in Inter's Treble, scoring important goals in all competitions. He was so decisive that on the final day of Serie A, he scored the only goal to clinch the Scudetto. In the Coppa Italia Final, he scored the only goal to beat Roma and clinch the trophy. In the CL Final, he scored the only 2 goals to beat Bayern. He scored against the German champs, the Spanish champs and the English champs (Ukrainian champs too, ftr). Can you get more clutch than that? Aside from scoring many goals that season, he also contributed a fair number of assists. He had a season to die for.

Yet all of the above was forgotten because he was barely played in the WC by some coked-out knuckle-dragging neanderthal. And Milito was not even considered the best Inter player for the award.

I'm not saying that other awards are conclusive, but does it make sense to you that UEFA's Forward of the Year and Player of the Year and Serie A's Foreign Player of the Year and Footballer of the Year didn't even come close to challenging for the Ballon d'Or? FOR THE SAME FRICKIN YEAR? He wasn't even part of 23-player shortlist! Because of the season Milito had, it's arguable that he should have won it. But it's clear that he should have at the very least been in contention.
Ante and Abedi like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #107 of 110 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2018, 01:37
Premier Player

Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth. Where did I say goals or stats should decide? I said performance should decide. I am all for defenders having equal chances as attackers.

You are the one discrediting people who disagree with you. I can guarantee you I watch more matches (Madrid if you want to be specific) than most of the people who voted in the award.

But more interestingly you are implying I said Modric should not have won. I never said that. I said the whole award is a mess. It does not matter who wins it at this point. If you cannot distinguish between those two things than indeed arguing is useless.

The last time something like that happened was maybe Weah in 95. Paris was not the same kind of club as it is now.
He got it mostly for his goals in the CL as PSG reached the semi-final, if i remember rightly he had his worst ever league season with them and only scored about 7 goals.

Litmanen probably should have got it that year.
post #108 of 110 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2018, 07:34
Forum Manager
Legend

@Tigerheart what you say is true, but I don't think anybody can argue that in the last 11/12 years, there has been any player on the planet as good as CR/Messi regardless of where he played. It wasn't just a matter of them winning the CL. They were simply hands down the top 2 players of the world.

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #109 of 110 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2018, 10:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Yes, it should have mostly been Messi and Ronaldo, there is no doubt about it. However even between those two I remember decisions that "should" have gone the other way in respective years. They were the two best but not always the best of the year won it eventually.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #110 of 110 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2018, 10:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Yeah, 2012 comes to mind! Messi stole all the votes with his stats but CR was the most pivotal player that season. Won the La Liga in a fabulous fashion and was joint top scorer at the EUROs

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in