FA Cup Quarterfinals - Page 4 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 07:32
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
He was drugging them. Caneiro was in on it, but when she left they no longer were able to dope. It's obvious now.
lol u guys are even worse p

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 07:34
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
chelsea with that team, should be winning the league easily. mourinho's fault that they din't peform

its his fault if they dont win the league, but entirely no credit to him when they do win, typical hater posting....

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 07:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbh11 View Post
huh? which squad is average? A CHELSEA after >1 billion dollars invested since Abra + Mou by 2004?

However, I gave Mou clsoe to full credit with Porto UCL and UEFA cup in early 2000s
you cant use the investment from 10 years ago in a serious argument today...Chelsea made the mistake of not buying last summer and now is showing with the mediocre players in certain areas of the squad, unless you think Ivanovic today and Baba rahman and Remy and Pato who didnt play a minute and and and are world class players

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 09:10
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
So basically no good teams left.
alm:

if West Ham aren't a good team, the Premier League must be shit..
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 09:16
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
not on current form , but yuo wold expect man utd teams to beat west ham in old trafford.... not on current form.

i want west ham to go all the way to wembley and win it

I wouldn't swap a single one of our players for one of theirs.. except for maybe De Gea (though Adrian and Randolph and excellent keepers) or Mata. We've been better all season, Man Utd are a joke as are many other the other 'big' clubs in the Premier League that have invested hundreds of millions to billions of dollars in recent years

Loving Leicester and Watford this season as well, props to them.. they're properly run, Watford especially brilliant with the transfer wheeling and dealing

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 10:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagibest View Post
alm:

Funny how you just supported my point.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 10:27
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Quote:
Funny how you just supported my point.

But my point in saying that is that the Premier League is not shit. In some aspects at least, it is still undoubtedly the best. If this season is "weird," it's only a testament to its competitiveness. And I'm the guy who used to defend the Bundesliga as being a competitive league lol

Can't wait to set straight the people who don't watch us play and think our run has been some kind of fluke, even bigger things coming this summer and we have a statement to make in Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 12:31
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
Don't think you'll do anything in Europe.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 12:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Undoubtedly the best.

I doubt that. p

Btw I am not denying competitiveness, but competitiveness doesn't equal strength. EPL is competitive. Bundesliga is competitive except for Bayern and Dortmund. Those teams are just too good for the rest. EPL does not have such good teams this year. I don't see how that in any way is a good thing for the strength of the EPL. And I am not even comparing it to Spain who probably has 4 teams, but definitely three that are better than the top EPL teams this year.

Of course that does not make EPL shit, if EPL would be shit every league except for 2 or 3 would be shit. But the fact remains that EPL in 15/16 does not have a single European top level team.

Edit: Also Juve and PSG are ahead of the top EPL teams.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 12:52
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
The top EPL teams are upper mid table level good in European standards, that's evident by now. Since Mourinho dropped the ball with the only stable top team and City allways mismanaged, no one has been close to an actual top level. Kudos to all the smaller clubs taking advantage of the opportunity given to them, the main point is not competitiveness but how pathetic and dysfunctionally managed these super rich clubs are. They should be utterly ashamed.

That should change immediately with Pep in City making them the big kahuna, but until then all late utterly aughable.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 12:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagibest View Post
alm:

Don't mind them, you lot are definitely better than Gent

post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 14:05 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Undoubtedly the best.

I doubt that. p

Btw I am not denying competitiveness, but competitiveness doesn't equal strength. EPL is competitive. Bundesliga is competitive except for Bayern and Dortmund. Those teams are just too good for the rest. EPL does not have such good teams this year. I don't see how that in any way is a good thing for the strength of the EPL. And I am not even comparing it to Spain who probably has 4 teams, but definitely three that are better than the top EPL teams this year.

Of course that does not make EPL shit, if EPL would be shit every league except for 2 or 3 would be shit. But the fact remains that EPL in 15/16 does not have a single European top level team.

Edit: Also Juve and PSG are ahead of the top EPL teams.
the thing is that those "weaker" EPL clubs are also very rich and spending big by European standards (due to huge TV money and a fair way of sharing it) so what we see this season might become somewhat of a standard...the league becoming very competitive and unpredictable instead of the super clubs dominance we saw in the previous 15-20 years.

as a TV product it is already far ahead of every other domestic league in the world and rivaling UCL so in this sense they have nothing to worry...

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2016, 14:51
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
The situation at present is a case of the top teams standing still (or getting slightly worse) and the rest of the league getting a lot better. If you look at the teams that the mid table teams signed from overseas this season compared to the top teams then there isn't really much difference in quality between the players signed by the traditional big 5 (Firmino, De Bruyne, Memphis, Martial, Otamendi, Pedro, Rahman, Schweinsteiger, Darmian) and the teams outside (Shaqiri, Wijnaldum, Imbula, Ayew, Van Dijk, Cabaye, Funes Mori, Payet, Son, Rondon)

To get the gap back, they need to sign the elite players that are bought up by Barca, Real, Bayern and PSG. Unfortunately for them, most players who would make the grade needed are already at those clubs.

Europe wise is a mystery, but when English teams were dominant, Barca were the only real super club and the monopoly of world class players between the big four European teams hadn't really started.

They all need 3+ proper world class players this summer, we will see what happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in