MLS 2015 BETTING THREAD: - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2015, 09:15 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
MLS 2015 BETTING THREAD:

New season is upon us (in theory as long as the strike doesnt happen!). Will post my betting tips here, MLS is one of the hardest to find an edge on so will probably fail miserably but shall see...

1 unit small play - 5 unitz max play:

5 unitz staked on Sporting Kansas Draw-no-Bet @ -200 at home to New York Red Bulls;

2.5 unitz staked on Sporting Kansas/NY Red Bulls Under 2.5 goals @ -125...

Probably shouldn't do a max-bet on Sporting Kansas as Red Bulls' record at their ground is impressive, and obvious fact that it's first game of season and difficult to gauge the fitness levels of players and chemistry. However, Red Bulls generally are one of the worst travellers in MLS - they only won 3 games on their travels last season. They have also lost a number of key players in the off-season and also their Coach Mike Petke was replaced by unproven Jesse Marsch. Red Bull's most significant losses were French legend Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill - both leaders and very important players. Henry was second leading scorer with 10 goals, and most assists with 14 in 35 appearances. Other significant losses were midfielder Eric Alexander (39 apps) and experienced centre backs Olave (33 apps) and Sekagya (30 apps). Red Bulls haven't replaced their marquee players from last season (Cahill and Henry) with other marquee players mainly due to their being less financial backing now. USA international Sascha Kljestan has returned to MLS from Anderlecht in Belgium - he is a decent signing, and the midfield is made further stronger by the capture of Felipe Martins from Montreal. Their only significant defensive addition is Ronald Zubar who should be good for MLS. Other than that they haven't made any impressive signings and certainly haven't replaced the creativity and leadership that has been lost after Henry's departure. Red Bulls will be very reliant on the MLS Top Scorer of last season Bradley Wright Phillips, however, my feeling is that he wont be near as prolific as last season (31 goals in 36 apps) without Henry's creativity behind him. He will probably bag nearer to 16-18 goals this season.

5 unitz staked on Real Salt Lake Double Chance (win/draw) @ -137 away at Portland Timbers...

Portland are very tough to beat at home - only lost 3 at Providence Park, however, they will be without their two most important players for the season opener - Will Johnson and Diego Valeri. Real Salt Lake have only lost 1 out of 6 games at Providence Park and that was back in 2011 when they first met.

5 unitz staked on Montreal Impact Double Chance (win/draw) @ Evens away at DC United...

Risky one as Montreal were hopeless last season, especially on the road - they failed to win even one game. DC United meanwhile were beasts at home and won the Eastern conference! Nonetheless, I think this Montreal side is much improved compared to last season and will be a lot more difficult to break down. They have lost their key player Marco Di Vaio (26 apps, 9 goals), but he is now 38 and had his limitations. They have brought in some pace with Dominic Oduro, and they also have more pace out wide in Dilly Duka, and plenty of guile from Piatti and Romero. A key addition will be Belgium international Laurent Ciman. Reo-Coker and Marco Donadel will make the defensive midfield a lot stronger as well. DC Utd will be without 3 key players - strikers Fabian Espindola (29 apps, 11 goals) and Eddie Johnson (28 apps, 7 goals) and also attacking midfielder Luis Silva (27 apps, 11 goals). New midfield signing Halsti is also not available for the opener.

Montreal's morale is gonna be sky-high going in to DC United game - they just knocked out Pachuca (big Mexican side) from the Champions League thanks to a 94th minute equaliser by their 3rd round Superdraft pick Cameron Porter! Quite a big deal considering how rare it is that MLS sides get the better of Mexican sides and also considering how hopeless Montreal were last season! DC United meanwhile play tonight against Costa Rican side Aljaluense - but are 5-2 down from first leg.

Very dramatic ending...

5 unitz staked on Houston Dynamo Draw-no-Bet @ -175 at home to Columbus Crew...

Really like the look of this Houston Dynamo side this season. Quality all over the pitch, and always solid at home.

2 unitz on Orlando SC/New York City FC Both Teams To Score @ -110...

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2015, 19:21 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Montreal let me down even though DC were without Silva, Espindola, and Johnson.

RSL showed they are going to be stingy defensively this season by getting yet another 0-0 in Portland. And Houston got the win so 2 winners, 1 loss so far going in to tonight's games.

Orlando game is going to be one extreme or the other...a really tight 0-0 or 1-0/0-1 or a 3-3, 4-3/3-4 type game I think!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2015, 23:15 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Orlando New York game is terrible! Not a good advert for MLS and first MLS game on SkySports over here in UK...wont be many impressed by this!

5 unitz on Under 1 Goal @ +117 at Half-Time

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2015, 03:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
the opening week hasn't been too good, the SKC-NYRB match was ok but the other matches on national TV here have been disappointing.

The league is very competitive, especially the Western Conference which pretty much has every good team in the league, though very few teams play an attractive style of soccer/football
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2015, 10:32 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

yee I heard the SKC/NYRB game was quite entertaining and back and forth

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2015, 12:11 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

MLS Rnd 2 Plays:

To win 5 units on Houston Dynamo Draw-no-Bet @ -225 at home to Orlando

3 units staked on Vancouver Whitecaps Double Chance (win/draw) @ -125 away at Chicago Fire;

2 units staked on Toronto FC Draw-no-Bet @ +115 away at Columbus Crew;

2 units staked on FC Dallas Draw-no-Bet @ -200 at home to Sporting Kansas;

2.5 units stake on Seattle Sounders -1 Asian Handicap @ -130 at home to San Jose Earthquakes;

2.5 units staked on LA Galaxy Draw-no-Bet @ Evens away at Portland Timbers.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2015, 20:55 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer87 View Post
MLS Rnd 2 Plays:

To win 5 units on Houston Dynamo Draw-no-Bet @ -225 at home to Orlando

3 units staked on Vancouver Whitecaps Double Chance (win/draw) @ -125 away at Chicago Fire;

2 units staked on Toronto FC Draw-no-Bet @ +115 away at Columbus Crew;

2 units staked on FC Dallas Draw-no-Bet @ -200 at home to Sporting Kansas;

2.5 units stake on Seattle Sounders -1 Asian Handicap @ -130 at home to San Jose Earthquakes;

2.5 units staked on LA Galaxy Draw-no-Bet @ Evens away at Portland Timbers.
Added:

2.5 unitz staked on New York FC Draw-no-Bet @ -175 at home to New England Revolution;

Revs still without two key players in Jermaine Jones and Lee Nguyen, and Teal Bunbury is out as well after getting injured.

2 unitz staked on Real Salt Lake vs Philadelphia Union Under 2.5 goals @ -110;

The Houston Dynamo DNB play should be -188 not -225. Money has come in on Orlando, not sure why really, they looked very average in opener against New York and former MLS MVP Aurelien Colin will be suspended for this game.

Also added another 2.5 unitz to LA Galaxy DNB play as Portland are still without two key players in Will Johnson and Diego Valeri. Zemanski and Chara also out.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2015, 00:16 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

5 units on Under 2 goals @ Evens live-in-play in Houston Dynamo/Orlando game (8 mins)...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in