MLS Cup 2012 may still be less than two weeks away, but clubs around the league already have their sights on 2013.
On Monday afternoon a Waiver Draft will be held by MLS via conference call with clubs having the option to pick up out-of-contract players or players whose options were not exercised and are otherwise NOT eligible for December's Re-Entry Draft.
A list of available players will be released by the league shortly before Monday's Waiver Draft. Any players not selected in the Waiver Draft will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis to teams around the league.
Nov. 19, 2012 MLS Waiver Draft Selection Order (2012 finishes in brackets):
1. Toronto (23 pts)
2. Chivas USA (30 pts)
3. Portland (34 pts)
4. New England (35 pts)
5. Philadelphia (36 pts)
6. Colorado (37 pts)
7. FC Dallas (39 pts)
8. Montreal (42 pts)
9. Columbus (52 pts)
10. Vancouver (43 pts Knockout Rd elimination)
11. Chicago (57 pts Knockout Rd elimination)
12. Real Salt Lake (57 pts Conference Semi elimination)
13. New York (57 pts Conference Semi elimination)
14. Kansas City (63 pts Conference Semi elimination)
15. San Jose (66 pts Conference Semi elimination)
16. Seattle Sounders (56 pts Conference Championship elimination)
17. DC United (58 pts Conference Championship elimination)
18. Houston (53 pts MLS Cup finalist)
19. LA Galaxy (54 pts MLS Cup finalist)