Future MLS Stadiums - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2009, 21:26 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2009, 21:37 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

It looks like DC, Kansas City, New England and Seattle are the only teams not building soccer-specific stadiums. At least New England and Seattle play in state-of-the-art NFL stadiums but DC and Kansas City really need to do something or they will probably end up losing their teams.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2009, 22:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
its about time Red Bull got a new stadium. 10,000 people at Giants Stadium is not a good atmosphere, but I did go to a soccer game at Giants Stadium with 70,000+ people (Manchester United vs. AC Milan, friendly)

Don't like desings like San Jose, the fact that one end of the field is completely empty, never like that design

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2009, 15:26
TP
Premier Player

Teams: Red Bull NY, US Mens National Team
DC does have a stadium... RFK. Thay are the only tenent at this time.
They don't have any control over the park, and that, plus the size of the park is their only draw back that I can see for them.

KC is also slated to get their own home soon, groundbreaking has already taken place in Bannister Park facility, but they may be moving to a new site ... politics.

I also heard news that the Krafts are in discussion to add soccer specific facility to Foxborough site.

So all is moving in the right direction, ATT. There should be 20 teams by 2012, that would equal any top tear league anywhere on this planet. MLS is doing it right IMHO.

Last edited by TP; December 23rd, 2009 at 17:02.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2009, 02:47
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
DC does have a stadium... RFK. Thay are the only tenent at this time.
They don't have any control over the park, and that, plus the size of the park is their only draw back that I can see for them.
how about the fact that it is falling down around them and it is a wonder that no one has been killed yet by falling debrie
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2009, 16:59
TP
Premier Player

Teams: Red Bull NY, US Mens National Team
I agree, but it's still their home.
I find it amazing that the DC council took very little time in pushing through the funds needed to move the Expos from Montreal, but cannot find the time to support an "original franchise".

DC does need a "new home", lets hope the politicians step up.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2009, 01:26
Star Player

Portland: PGE Park renovations

The objectives of the planned PGE Park renovations are:

Enhance the fan experience of attending an event at the stadium by increasing the functionality of the venue and introducing new amenities.
Preserve PGE Park’s ability to be a year round community center and host to more than 250 events annually, including Portland State Football and an array of youth sports and community based events.
Integrate with the existing architecture and the surrounding Goose Hollow neighborhood.
Elevate PGE Park’s facilities to Major League Soccer standards.
http://www.portlandmls2011.com/stadi...rk-renovation/

Last edited by EPJr; December 24th, 2009 at 01:50.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2009, 01:45
Star Player

Empire Stadium

The Vancouver Sun reports that the B.C. Pavilion Corporation and the Pacific National Exhibition will announce Tuesday that the old Empire Stadium site on the PNE grounds will be the location of a 30,000 to 32,000-seat temporary stadium to house the B.C. Lions and Vancouver Whitecaps.

According to the newspaper, the temporary stadium will be needed when BC Place Stadium closes for renovations between the end of the 2010 Olympics and the summer of 2011. The renovations will include a retractable roof.

The cost for the temporary stadium on the PNE grounds is about $20 million and is included in the $458 million renovation cost for BC Place Stadium.

The Lions will occupy the stadium for the 2010 CFL season and could play a few games there in 2011.

The Whitecaps will play at Swangard Stadium next season, but could play the first part of their 2011 schedule at the PNE site. The Whitecaps are scheduled to join Major League Soccer for the 2011 season.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2010, 20:04
Star Player

Teams: Juventus--Toronto FC
looking at all these beautiful new stadiums i have to wonder who the hell designed BMO?

"Control Tevez and they literally become a mid-table side at best" - game_overroma
#yabuddy

VV la Prescrizione!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2010, 13:21
ArizonaFußballFan
Rookie

Love that NY design.

I am enjoying some of these designs although San Jose's is odd with no seats at the one end where you usually put the loud supporters from either the home or away club.

I have only been to Seattle and LA for both a Chivas and a Galaxy match(both against Seattle) and enjoyed being at both.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2010, 05:07
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Azeri-Turk soccer
Building stadiums with limited capacities does make much sense to me - the atmosphere will change instantly and it will be much more fun to be present there. In my view, the New York stadium is definitely better than the rest. By the way, does anybody know if the US-Turkey game in May will be held at Union Field?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2010, 00:36
ArizonaFußballFan
Rookie

yeah, NY's is probably the ideal capacity and design wise it is perfect with the covering for the supporters from the weather like they do at many stadiums overseas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in