quakes r back - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 04:17 Thread Starter
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
quakes r back

http://www.soccersiliconvalley.com/

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 04:20
International

Teams: Wisla Krakow & Cleveland City Stars (USL-1)
Wow! Good for them!

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 06:03
10'un Adi Lefter
World Class Player

Teams: Fenerbahçe, Juventus, PSV, Santos
Guess that means another new team for next year. I wonder what city they'll choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
That was a shot. However, when he hits those trivelas one of two things happen-

1-Joshua has an orgasm.

2-Queresma scoress, and Joshua has an orgasm.

This time he got a lucky assist, but you can still bet Joshua had an orgasm.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 07:45
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 07:46
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, CSKA Moskva, Ukraine, Russia, USA
Great news! I missed them.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 08:30
World Class Player

So apparently there's two orders of business. One is the stadium. Lew Wolff was suggesting a sort of barnstorming idea where the Quakes would rotate around various venues in the Bay Area. For example, when David Beckham's LA Galaxy come to town you go to McAfee Colisseum in Oakland where soccer has drawn crowds of up to 50,000, but when the Crew or somebody like that comes to town they use the 9,000 seat Kezar Stadium, where the USL-1 California Victory play. The main problem that causes me not to like this is that you can a) sell a number of season tickets the corresponds with the size of the smallest venue or b) sell season tickets for Spartan Stadium and then when a game is played at Kezar or somewhere not every season ticket holder can get in. Obviously, the pros of this would be that soccer gets promoted all over the Bay Area as opposed to just the Silicon Valley, which was a big problem with the previous version of the Earthquakes. My idea is to play exhibition matches around the Bay Area. For example, play a team like Celtic or Club América at the Colisseum in Oakland. Play a team like the Whitecaps or Rochester at Kezar Stadium. Go warm-up against a college or PDL team in Davis or Sonoma or something. Do this to promote the Quakes around the whole Bay Area, but keep competitive matches at Spartan Stadium or another SSS.

The other issue that could be adressed is the the team name. Some people suggest it should be Europeanized or something, which I think is crap. No team name in US Soccer has more history than the San Jose Earthquakes. Problem? Take it up with this guy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U2HWUbFGHMU

Fvcking legend.

I grew up with the Earthquakes, knowing them as the Earthquakes, I was bitterly saddened when they left, and I will be very disappointed if they change their name.

Oh, and I moved this to the MLS forum.

NWO BABY
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 15:46
TP
Premier Player

Teams: Red Bull NY, US Mens National Team
GRRRRRRRRRREEEEEATT !!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 15:48
World Class Player

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona, Los Islanders
ahahahaha Naervod, "when the Crew comes to town go to the stadium that holds 9,000 people."

you might not have meant it, but all time best insult of the sorry Crew. ahahahaha

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 23:29
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
"While we are thrilled to bring Earthquakes soccer back to the Bay Area, we want to make one thing very clear: this is the dawn of a new era for professional soccer in San Jose," said Wolff in a statement.

"With the development of new soccer-only stadiums, expanded national television exposure and increased fan and corporate sponsor support, coupled with this area's cultural diversity and long-standing interest in soccer, we expect a very bright future for this team," he said.
I just hope they call the team Earthquakes and not change it like NY and Dallas. Also anyone know if they will get a new stadium soon or are they gonna continue playing at Spartan Stadium? IMO they should have never left San Jose and Houston should have been given an expansion team instead of giving LA another team with Chivas USA (which i think was a huge mistake for the MLS). Also i agree with HS about relocation, why not move the Wizards to St Louis? from what i've seen St Louis is a much bigger soccer market then KC. As far as more expansion teams go i think Montreal and Philly should be next on the list along with a Florida team. I don't understand why a place like Miami with its large Hispanic population could not support an MLS team.... what was the main reason for the Fusion not being successful? was it the stadium issue or just not enough people supported the team?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 23:32
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosMiguel
ahahahaha Naervod, "when the Crew comes to town go to the stadium that holds 9,000 people."

you might not have meant it, but all time best insult of the sorry Crew. ahahahaha

Sorry Magic.

NWO BABY
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 23:36
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Yes! I knew we wouldn't die...

As Naervod stated, the name San Jose Earthquakes is one of the most popular in the states. Maybe the Chicago Sting or New York Cosmos can argue that.

I can't wait for next year!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in