Serie A 2018/2019 - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 111 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 13:27
Rookie

Teams: Israel, USA, Sampdoria, Arsenal, Villarreal, Cambridge
Turning my computer on Saturday night, I certainty enjoyed seeing that score! I wasn't aware they were playing the afternoon game.
Something weird is happening: home losses (FRO, ATL) and away wins (SPAL, SAS).
The next three games are going to be a real test, though. Milan (h), Torino (a) and Roma (h). I think 6 points would be excellent. I think ACM and Roma are Saturday night, so at least I'll be able to watch them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 111 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 16:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Curiously, all of them have lost in the last round.
post #83 of 111 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2019, 22:03
Rookie

It's the 74th minute against Milan. A really good performance so far, but I fear that missing chances to make it 2-0 will come back to haunt Samp.

post #84 of 111 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2019, 22:35
Rookie

Whew! Boy, was my heart beating during that VAR review. I'm still not convinced the referee go it right, but I'll take it. I think they really needed a second goal, and, despite the really good performance, this goes down as a lucky win. For me, the MVP today was Colley. He blocked shots, including a sure goal inthe 45th minute, made tackles, and had only one mistake, sometime around the 75th minute, when he overran the ball inside the penalty area. No question that's the best performance I've seen from him.

2nd place goes to Linetty, whom I thought was everywhere, making tackles, passes and dribbles. He made one bad mistake in 2nd half injury time when he lost possession, and Milan had a good counter-attack.

In the first half, I think Quagliarella should have shot for the far post, instead of the near post, after Linetty (I think) put him wonderfully through. And what a play on the ball that hit the crossbar, even though I was yelling at the screen for him to tee up someone standing just outside the area.

I think Vieira was the weakest link - where is Ekdal?
ToniSamp likes this.
post #85 of 111 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2019, 23:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I agree with everything you wrote.

Ekdal will be back soon. He got injured when playing for Sweden. Vieira recovered for this game so the poor perfomance can be justified.

As regards the penalty, whether it was one or it wasn't, I laugh at people talking about Rube-quality referees. No referee would ever deny a penalty to Milan in a game vs Sampdoria on purpose. There is simply no reason to do it. For a crooked referee it will always be big clubs > other clubs. Milan is a big club while Sampdoria isn't.
post #86 of 111 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2019, 23:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I watched it again and again. No ****ing way it was a penalty.
I believe too many supporters expect the VAR to give penalties for situations in which no referee would have ever given a penalty before the VAR existed.

post #87 of 111 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 17:56
Rookie

I'm sure what you wrote about referees leaning towards the big clubs is totally true - it was certainly true in Israeli soccer back in the years when I followed it a lot more closely than I do today.

And in Italy, there's proof, right? I think Inter in the 60s and Juve in the whole scandal about 10 years ago, no?

About this week's incident, if you watched it many times, I'll take your word.

Looking ahead to tonight, it's another big test - away game against a direct competitor for Europe. I admit to smiling when I read that Giampaolo is talking about the Champions' League. I guess it's some kind of motivational trick. And the name Andrea Belotti always makes me think of Andrea Bocelli.
post #88 of 111 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 22:05
Rookie

Well, the Torino game was simply awful. What a let-down. I don't think I've seen a worse performance in the past 3 seasons (although I've certainly not seen all of the games). What can I say? The only shot of any kind was the goal. I guess all we can do is hope for better against Roma.

I actually missed a few minutes due to a technical problem with my computer, so I didn't see the goals...
post #89 of 111 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 23:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I hate the fact that we lost 6 points to this ugly team. They fought, we didn't. Without fighting spirit a team like Sampdoria goes nowhere. In spite of the goal, Gabbiadini was very poor, one of the most annoying players tonight.
post #90 of 111 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 09:42
Rookie

Yeah, from 4 games against Atalanta and Torino, two main rivals for Europe, a total of 3 points. And this from a team that beat Napoli and Milan.
post #91 of 111 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2019, 17:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

And another defeat, to Roma, one of those teams just Sampdoria could resuscitate. I suppose the Derby della Lanterna will be very last unfriendly game of the season. I hope I'm wrong but this is the trend of Sampdoria in the last few seasons.
post #92 of 111 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2019, 17:54
Legend

There is no shame in losing Roma, independent of their current form, come on... As an outsider, I am only impressed by Samp this season.
post #93 of 111 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2019, 19:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

2-0 in the derby della Lanterna. I didn't watch it unfortunately!
post #94 of 111 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 19:43
Rookie

I didn't see the derby, either. It seems like garbage time from now on in. I guess the only really meaningful question is if Quagliarella will be top scorer.
ToniSamp likes this.
post #95 of 111 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 13:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A win at Bologna would prolong our dream and I could start to believe. If you ask me now I tell you that Bologna will defeat us in a way or another because the previous few games clearly told us that Bologna MUST stay in serie A in a way or another.
post #96 of 111 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2019, 13:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Embarassing defeat at Bologna. I'm not sure we had a chance to score but above all Audero conceded three comical goals.
post #97 of 111 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 00:34
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
What happened between Sabatini and Ferrero? Is described like a telenova scene.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan
post #98 of 111 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 21:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
What happened between Sabatini and Ferrero? Is described like a telenova scene.

According to the rumors Ferrero entered the locker room and started to blame the players for the lack of commitment and Giampaolo for the technical choices. Sabatini protested and said that the chairman should not talk about technical matters. The reply of Ferrero was "You shut up, you mean nothing. I'm the owner". Finally, Sabatini said "Then I leave".
post #99 of 111 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 09:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Very few supporters believe we have a real chance to get the EL spot. Those few, which do not include me, know very well that Sampdoria must win all the remaining games. And it could be not enough nevertheless! The first game is against Lazio in the weekend. IF our team wanted to win and wanted it BADLY there could be good conditions for doing it as Lazio are surely tired after the Italian Cup game and they have two crucial players like Milinkovic Savic and Luis Alberto banned. Besides, the qualification to the the Italian Cup final might have given them the enthusiasm for the final run to the UEFA CL spot. They also need to win all the games or their run is pretty much over.
post #100 of 111 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2019, 19:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Samp - Lazio 1- 2

A shameful first half, above all the first twenty minutes, in which we conceded two goals, one with the usual blunder (Colley this time) and Ramirez tried his best to get a double yellow card, and succeeded, then some pride in the second half, one goal scored by Quagliarella, a post hit by Murru, a chance wasted by Defrel, but chances also for Lazio to score more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in