Xtratime Community banner

Serie A 2018/2019

4K views 117 replies 10 participants last post by  ToniSamp 
#1 ·
The first game vs Fiorentina has been postponed as a consequence of the desaster of the Morandi bridge in Genova. The game will be played on September the 19th.

#95 ·
A win at Bologna would prolong our dream and I could start to believe. If you ask me now I tell you that Bologna will defeat us in a way or another because the previous few games clearly told us that Bologna MUST stay in serie A in a way or another.

#97 ·
What happened between Sabatini and Ferrero? Is described like a telenova scene.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#98 ·
What happened between Sabatini and Ferrero? Is described like a telenova scene.

According to the rumors Ferrero entered the locker room and started to blame the players for the lack of commitment and Giampaolo for the technical choices. Sabatini protested and said that the chairman should not talk about technical matters. The reply of Ferrero was "You shut up, you mean nothing. I'm the owner". Finally, Sabatini said "Then I leave".

#99 ·
Very few supporters believe we have a real chance to get the EL spot. Those few, which do not include me, know very well that Sampdoria must win all the remaining games. And it could be not enough nevertheless! The first game is against Lazio in the weekend. IF our team wanted to win and wanted it BADLY there could be good conditions for doing it as Lazio are surely tired after the Italian Cup game and they have two crucial players like Milinkovic Savic and Luis Alberto banned. Besides, the qualification to the the Italian Cup final might have given them the enthusiasm for the final run to the UEFA CL spot. They also need to win all the games or their run is pretty much over.

#100 ·
Samp - Lazio 1- 2

A shameful first half, above all the first twenty minutes, in which we conceded two goals, one with the usual blunder (Colley this time) and Ramirez tried his best to get a double yellow card, and succeeded, then some pride in the second half, one goal scored by Quagliarella, a post hit by Murru, a chance wasted by Defrel, but chances also for Lazio to score more.

#105 ·
Camelface - What was I expecting? I was expecting to be in the Europa League race until the last day, and maybe even to get into it. If Atalanta and Torino can do it, Samp can too.

ToniSamp - why are the supporters done with him? I would think anger would be directed higher up - at whomever makes the decision to sell everybody all the time.

#106 ·
ToniSamp - why are the supporters done with him? I would think anger would be directed higher up - at whomever makes the decision to sell everybody all the time.
Yeah, the supporters can't stand Ferrero first of all and there is no doubt they want Ferrero gone but unfortunately the party of the sampdoriani who are done with Giampaolo has increased, no matter whether he pretty much does what this roster allows him to do.
After the game with Parma (a predictable draw with goals) Giampaolo announced he is going to leave if the club doesn't become ambitious. Which won't happen so he announced his departure.

#111 ·
50 minutes with one player more than Chievo thanks to a red card the referee kindly gave to Barba, but Sampdoria failed to score. Before the red card, Chievo were the more dangerous and scored a goal whiach was disallowed by the VAR for an offside. The season has almost come to an end and the one game left is the one at Marassi vs the champions of Italy. I hope our players will put some commitment and avoid a shameful defeat.

#112 ·
Final game of the season vs Juventus at Marassi, in less than six hours.
The lineup has already been announced by Giampaolo: Rafael - Bereszynski, Alex Ferrari, Colley, Sala - Barreto, Praet, Linetty - Ramirez - Defrel, Quagliarella
Murru is injured, all the other usual starters are among the reserves

No CR7 for Juventus

#114 ·
Utterly meaningless friendly game, the ref should end it prematurely.

#115 ·
I say this but then I will be without Juve for 3 months and I will suffer from abstinence withdrawal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.