Serie A 2018/2019 - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 118 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2019, 18:02
Rookie

Teams: Israel, USA, Sampdoria, Arsenal, Villarreal, Cambridge
Napoli Game

It's HT at Napoli. I turned it on literally as the 2nd goal was going in. I guess the San Paolo is not the place you expect to pick up point, but, still, it seems a little bit disappointing. Audero - is he really worth 20 million Euros? Maybe he'll get better with experience. He seems to get a lot of good press, but, for me, he doesn't look that good. Why is Colley in for Tonelli? Is he injured? Also, what's up with Baretto?

My prediction for the 2nd half is that Napoli wins by two clear goals but maybe Quagliarella could score...

By the way, how do you start a new thread? I always seem to be replying to an existing thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 118 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2019, 18:57
Rookie

Well, it seems like my prediction was overly optimistic, unfortunately. Samp had some chances, and got some rhythm going, but Napoli were never really feeling in danger. Who is this Jankto guy anyway? It's the first time I've had a good look at him, and I'm not impressed at all.

Regarding Saponara, I'm glad to see Giampaolo brought him on for a full 40 minutes. Maybe his fitness is getting better. But, I noticed something - his thought process seems to be a little slow sometimes, and he's half a second behind the play.

By the way, I totally agree with the penalty decision. Andersen had no reason do stick his arm out.

The English broadcasters (Trevor Sinclair, I believe) were going on about Samp's lack of width in attack, which makes me think they have never seen this team before. It's just not their style with Giampaolo. For the last three seasons they have always played with a narrow midfield, for better or for worse.
post #63 of 118 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2019, 22:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natan View Post
I guess the San Paolo is not the place you expect to pick up point, but, still, it seems a little bit disappointing. Audero - is he really worth 20 million Euros? Maybe he'll get better with experience. He seems to get a lot of good press, but, for me, he doesn't look that good.

No way, not now at least, and for much that I rate his professionalism I doubt he will ever be. Maybe press will leave him now that he is no more a player Juventus need to sell.

Quote:
Why is Colley in for Tonelli? Is he injured? Also, what's up with Barreto?

Colley for Tonelli is a technical choice. Barreto in injured instead,

Quote:
Who is this Jankto guy anyway? It's the first time I've had a good look at him, and I'm not impressed at all.

He is a Czech midfielder we overpaid at the expensive boutique which is Udinese. He runs a lot but that is pretty much the one quality I find in him. The technical skills are meh!

post #64 of 118 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2019, 19:08
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post

He is a Czech midfielder we overpaid at the expensive boutique which is Udinese.
Haha, that's funny.

Is Colley really better than Tonelli?
post #65 of 118 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2019, 23:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Haha, that's funny.

Is Colley really better than Tonelli?

Tonelli has often been poor in this season, but Colley in my opinion has two big flaws: he is slow and he can't kick the ball properly. I say it according to the little I watched of him. The game which highlighted these flaws the most was the game at Olimpico vs Lazio. Colley+Tavares on the left portion of the 4-man defensive line is a potential disaster and it is going to happen tomorrow vs Frosinone if Sala doesn't recover.
post #66 of 118 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2019, 22:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

One of the worst performances of this season against a team, Frosinone, which fought hard, contrarily to what happened in their stadium. One shot on goal and one goal for them, but Sampdoria hardly created more chances anyway. The best one was a header of Colley which was brilliantly saved by Sportiello. Colley was pretty poor in defense, in particular in the episode of Ciofani's goal.

My ratings: Audero nv - Bereszysnki 5.5, Andersen 5.5, Colley 5, Tavares 5 - Praet 5.5, Ekdal 5.5 (Sau nv), Linetty 5.5 - Saponara 5 (Ramirez 5) - Quagliarella 5, Gabbiadini 5 (Defrel 5)
post #67 of 118 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2019, 17:59
Rookie

Inter-Samp

At HT, it's a pretty even game. I like Saponara starting, I guess he is fit. Let's see how long Giampaolo keeps him in. Defrel seems pretty dangerous, I wouldn't bet against him getting an assist. But who is going to score? Quagliarella doesn't look particularly sharp.

Also, I really hate it when they try to play out of defense from a goal kick. I know it led to a good chance about the 35th minute, but it still seems VERY risky to me. And, of course, Audero's weekly gaffe, but again, didn't cause a goal.

I guess no result would really surprise me, including a 0-0 finish. But, boy would it be nice to get the taste of last week's game out of our collective mouths.
post #68 of 118 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2019, 22:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Inter won 2-1

I could not watch the game unfortunately (unfortunately?).
post #69 of 118 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2019, 22:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A precious win on Cagliari. The performance wasn't particularly brilliant and the win came thanks to a penalty which was generously awarded during the second half, but I don't mind and take the 3 points.
post #70 of 118 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2019, 14:35
Rookie

(against Inter) It was a decent game with many chances on both sides. The corner that led to the winning goal was so unnecessary...
post #71 of 118 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2019, 23:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The brace of Super-Quagliarella for a win at Ferrara. The first half could have easily been 4-0 thanks to Quagliarella, but in the second half Sampdoria risked and luckily a goal of SPAL was disallowed by the VAR for a few centimeters offside. The goal of SPAL came anyway, but in happened in the loss time.
post #72 of 118 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2019, 01:27
Legend

Samp is a reliable team. I put money on this game without too much worry. You are like the Atalanta of your talent stratum.
post #73 of 118 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2019, 11:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
Samp is a reliable team.
You will soon realize it is not a reliable team. Just wait till April/May.
post #74 of 118 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2019, 11:47
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
You will soon realize it is not a reliable team. Just wait till April/May.
Well it didn't matter because I lost my bet due to Genoa not scoring
post #75 of 118 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2019, 13:37
Rookie

Samp 1-2 Atalanta

That's a disappointment for sure. Home losses to Frosinone and Atalanta aren't the way to qualify for Europe. I can't watch the Sunday afternoon games, so I didn't see it. Is anyone betting against another 10th-place finish? Is finishing above Genoa supposed to make me happy? Am I not allowed to want more? Also, it kind of hurts that Zapata scored. I liked him.

By the way, someday I would like to attend a Derby della Lanterna. How can I get a ticket (preferably legally)? I want to be sure to sit with the Samp fans.
post #76 of 118 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2019, 23:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, I don't expect a real improvement to the previous two seasons, so it's 9th at best. that means if Fiorentina remain behind, which is all but a certainty. If I think to the final of the season in the previous two seasons not even the 10th spot is a certainty.

Quote:
By the way, someday I would like to attend a Derby della Lanterna. How can I get a ticket (preferably legally)? I want to be sure to sit with the Samp fans.
Do you mean in the Gradinata Sud? That is not so easy.
post #77 of 118 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2019, 16:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Defrel crashed his car the night after the defeat to Atalanta and was found to have a level of alcohol in blood which didn't allow him to drive a car. He will be fined by the club but will be called up by Giampaolo nevertheless for the game at Sassuolo. Unfortunately both Saponara and Ramirez could miss the game instead.
post #78 of 118 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2019, 18:27
Rookie

I don't really need to sit in the Gradinata Sud, I just don't want to find myself wearing a Samp shirt next to Genoa fans...
post #79 of 118 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 00:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I don't really need to sit in the Gradinata Sud, I just don't want to find myself wearing a Samp shirt next to Genoa fans...

Out of Gradinata Nord I doubt this would be so bad as it would be in the Gradinata Nord anyway.

The real problem is that Ferraris is almost sold out for the derby games.

Tickets for the next derbies can be bought here anyway, when they are available.
post #80 of 118 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 00:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Easy win on a carefree Sassuolo today. Five goals scored by five different players. Even Defrel scored!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in