Xtratime Community banner

Italian Cup, 1/8 finals: Roma - Sampdoria

932 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  ToniSamp 
#1 · (Edited)
Huge turnover for Sampdoria as Mihajlovic will likely field a team very similar to the one which defeated Hellas Verona in the previous round. Unfortunately Roma's reserves are much better than ours so this is going to be our last game in the Italian Cup 2013/2014.

#3 ·
Your GK today has made 3-4 brilliant saves already!

#7 ·
Lame 1-0 defeat. Lame because, being just a goal down against a second string Roma side, we could've at least tried to put some pressure on them in the final 20 minutes to try to snatch a draw. Instead Mihajlovic brought on Petagna, Gentsoglou, and right at the end Gavazzi: players who are 3rd choice and who'll almost certainly leave in January.

From what I've read the main positives were Fiorillo, who made at least one excellent save, Wzcolek, who at least tried, and Salamon's long-awaited debut.

#8 ·
Mihajlovic probably tried to guarantee the defeat.:pp In all honesty, it's a good thing you guys dropped out of Coppa Italia already (and at least to a respectable opponent). You guys need to focus on surviving in Serie A. Competing in two competitions won't help your cause.

#14 ·
I agree serie A is a priority, but does shoving a couple of quasi-first teamers for the last twenty minutes of one game, to possibly get one more game, really going to scupper your chances? Ok, sure, if they get injured, but then you can get injured every day in training..

As for Fiorillo, after all these years I would like to see him given a go in the first team to see if he's up to it. It even makes sense from a financial point of you: he has the potential to increase a lot in value, Da Costa doesn't, so unless the latter is a far better goalie (which I doubt) it's worth a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.