• 1 Post By ToniSamp
  • 1 Post By Boyo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 08:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Lazio win the Italian Cup 2018-2019

I had the feeling it could happen since they eliminated Inter after penalties. Lazio have a solid tradition of choking in serie A but the Italian Cup is a completely different matter. Most of neautral supporters would have preferred the fairy tale Atalanta to win the cup, but truth is that Atalanta did very little in the final in order to win it, bar the shot Bastos deflected with a hand, which could have been a penalty according to the (controversial) standards of the VAR.
Boyo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 10:20
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Such sad times that the Laziali on this forum have to rely on fans of other clubs to celebrate their victories.
ToniSamp likes this.

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 12:41
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Congrats my man. Did you see the game Boyo? I thought Atalanta were the favourites before hand but it was excellent game by Lazio. probably Inzaghis last as a coach.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:00
Legend

Why Inzaghi's last as a coach?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:05
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
Why Inzaghi's last as a coach?
Rumours with Juve smh...

Nah I'm kidding, he and Lotito seem to be allways at odds. Seems like a good time for him to leave because all Italian upper teams will change coaches except Napoli. Both Milano clubs will need a coach.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:09
Legend

Seems like Inzaghi has done a good job and Lolito in general is one of those corrupt Serie A owners in almost the Zamparini mold.

This season indeed will be interesting for Serie A manager carrousel. Tbh, unless you get Conte, I kind of doubt the value of letting Allegri go. If Inter secure both Marotta and Allegri or Conte this summer, seems like a clear win for them.

Roma is doing its best to lose fans, unfortunately. They are chipping away at the mystique of the club which is its main point of attraction imo and trying to turn it into some arsenal type club.. no thanks.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 15:08
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Congrats my man. Did you see the game Boyo? I thought Atalanta were the favourites before hand but it was excellent game by Lazio. probably Inzaghis last as a coach.

I was working. But I kept an eye on livescore.

Quite a surprise that Lazio won. When it was still 2-0 at 90 minutes, I fully expected the score to be 2-2 when I checked again a few minutes later. After which of course Lazio would lose on penalties.

Oddly enough that didn't happen. There has to be some impending doom to compensate for it. Perhaps a meteor hitting Formello during a training session?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 15:54
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Rumours with Juve smh...

Nah I'm kidding, he and Lotito seem to be allways at odds. Seems like a good time for him to leave because all Italian upper teams will change coaches except Napoli. Both Milano clubs will need a coach.
Rumor also has it that Real Madrid and Man U offered 150 million for SMS. But of course Lotitio declined. He prefers it if he leaves for free to Inter.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 15:58
Xtratime Legend

If you look up "lazialita" in an Italian dictionary, it redirects you to "cinismo".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in