Singularity / God / consciousness question - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2013, 10:26 Thread Starter
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend
 
Salt The Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2010
Location: Poland
Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Posts: 14,463
Singularity / God / consciousness question

I don't care if you're theist or non-theist, but this thought is just mind-fvcking. If there was initial singularity or God - and let's assume it was THE ONLY THING that "existed". What gave it the right to be this Singularity or God? Wasn't that bit selfish? I can't fvckin fathom something without beginning. I can't fathom whatever there was pre-Big Bang (assuming it's correct) that didn't have time dimension. It's unfvckinthinkable! I am also very interested in the very origins of the consciousness.


Quote:
If I am right, Relativity's space and time are different from Quantum Theory's space and time. We use the same name for two different things: Relativity's space is a dimension, an underlying framework, whereas Quantum Theory's space is about the "size" of an object. Spacetime is the continuum that energy-matter interacts with. Quantum values are the results of measuring the ripples caused by that interaction. The reason that the ripples are discrete and not continuum is exactly the same that ripples form on a surface. Any attribute of an object over the ripples admits only some values, because it exists and it is measured only over the ripples.

I believe that the probabilistic nature of Quantum Theory emerges because of the translation from "ocean" to "ripples". Ditto for the attributes (charge, spin, etc). They are all manifestations of the ripples.

This theory is consistent with Linde's chaotic inflationary theory. Linde assumes that at the beginning there was a completely chaotic universe: there was no laws of nature at all. It was only by accident that some regions of the universe ended up being uniform enough that a positive feedback within them caused them to expand rapidly and create uniform universes. The inhabitants of each of these universes observe regular laws of nature, their symmetry due to the accidental orientation that started its expansion. The more each universe expands, the "smoother" it appears to be, just like a deflated balloon appears to be a contorted shape but it becomes a perfect sphere when inflated. We live in one such universe that appears to us to have uniform, symmetric laws of nature, while in reality that symmetry is a mere accident, a mere illusion. No wonder therefore that the symmetries of the Standard Model are "broken". The one law that all these universes have in common is Einstein's field equation: it is that equation that drives their expansion. That equation describes the ultimate layer of reality.

I also believe that a theory of spacetime would be a theory of the "I". I believe that the "ripples" cause the "I" (which includes the world as the "I" sees it). As the observer travels through spacetime and creates the ripples, those ripples determine the world as the observer will see it, and thus determine the psychological state of the observer. In a sense, it is not the observer who "collapses the wave", but the wave that "collapses" the I of the observer, Each "I" is different because it follows a different route in spacetime (a different world line) which causes a different "I" (a different series of "collapses", i.e. a different set of observations, i.e. a different world). Each "I" sees/is a different world.
There is also some theory, but I'm unable to fetch the quote, about the consciousness was a natural property of whatever there was pre-Big Bang...This is also mindfvckinblowin...

Can't wrap my head around all this...

BTW, some selected reading:

http://www.scaruffi.com/nature/consciou.html

http://www.scaruffi.com/science/physics.html

http://www.scaruffi.com/science/qc.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived



If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
Salt The Fries is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2013, 04:30
Administrators
Xtratime Legend
 
JCamilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Brasil
Teams: Atletico-MG
Posts: 29,017
Singularity is a Blowjob king dealing only with himself

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".
JCamilo is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2013, 22:29
Rising Star
 
Ricky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Location: England
Posts: 834
deep thread personally I think something must have caused the big bang

couple of good documentary's especially a excellent one on consciousness and how he completely tears up some of Stephen Hawkings views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thM3S...3jIKxA&index=8

and another excellent one on how insignificant(brief) we are in the history of everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IVqMXPFYwI

quote about the video which I agree with as well which taps into your question

"The whole idea of multiverse was made to explain the uniqueness of our universe, without multiverse the odds of no god is very minuscule something like 10 to the power -500 which is the total probabilities of quarks shapes that started the big bang, but with multiverse this odds gets way better, so in other words it is the math of probabilities that non god believers are depending on to explain why our universe is so unique. But it is the same math of probabilities will turn against that structure of theory of random start because when the possibilities of these random universes gets so exponentially high then other big bangs will occur and that will collide with the properties of the current big bang of our universe. You may use math equation to twist a theory but you cannot twist probabilities, so if you want to say there are other universes then you have to set rules that explain why they don't collide and when you do that you are back again to the uniqueness issue that you wanted to avoid in the first time. So it is bad news to the non god believers either way you looked at it whether one universe or multiverses. The theory of one god and unique structure of universe or multiverse stands alone unchallenged till now after 200000 years of humanity, and it is like that because we are in this universe, if we were not present then there is no uniqueness to this universe and there will be no mind to even bring this question. Beside science fiction and wild imaginations there is really no basis for non uniqueness of our universe/multiverse"

Last edited by Ricky123; December 11th, 2013 at 22:35.
Ricky123 is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2013, 23:04
Verified socialist
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Nacka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Teams: FC Internazionale
Posts: 22,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky123 View Post
"The whole idea of multiverse was made to explain the uniqueness of our universe, without multiverse the odds of no god is very minuscule something like 10 to the power -500 which is the total probabilities of quarks shapes that started the big bang, but with multiverse this odds gets way better, so in other words it is the math of probabilities that non god believers are depending on to explain why our universe is so unique. But it is the same math of probabilities will turn against that structure of theory of random start because when the possibilities of these random universes gets so exponentially high then other big bangs will occur and that will collide with the properties of the current big bang of our universe. You may use math equation to twist a theory but you cannot twist probabilities, so if you want to say there are other universes then you have to set rules that explain why they don't collide and when you do that you are back again to the uniqueness issue that you wanted to avoid in the first time. So it is bad news to the non god believers either way you looked at it whether one universe or multiverses. The theory of one god and unique structure of universe or multiverse stands alone unchallenged till now after 200000 years of humanity, and it is like that because we are in this universe, if we were not present then there is no uniqueness to this universe and there will be no mind to even bring this question. Beside science fiction and wild imaginations there is really no basis for non uniqueness of our universe/multiverse"
That's some pretty flawed logics IMHO.

Just because every deuce I drop is unique it doesn't necessarily mean that there is a great masterplan behind it. It's uniqueness doesn't indicate divinity. A unique turd is still just a turd, there is no need to worship it.

At least that's my take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
Nacka is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2013, 10:23
Forum Manager
Legend
 
RahzeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Posts: 12,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky123 View Post
deep thread personally I think something must have caused the big bang

couple of good documentary's especially a excellent one on consciousness and how he completely tears up some of Stephen Hawkings views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thM3S...3jIKxA&index=8
When you decide to watch such a video or read a book or whatever please simply ask yourself one question: Does this person really want to inform you and make you think about it or does he want to instigate and force his beliefs on you. Only the former is legitimate.

This guy uses language that make him look shady. Everytime somebody uses some crazy Nazi regime comparisons like in this video you can't take him seriously anymore.

Ma question préférée: qu'est-ce j'vais faire de tout cet oseille?
RahzeL is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2013, 13:04
Rising Star
 
Ricky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Location: England
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post
That's some pretty flawed logics IMHO.

Just because every deuce I drop is unique it doesn't necessarily mean that there is a great masterplan behind it. It's uniqueness doesn't indicate divinity. A unique turd is still just a turd, there is no need to worship it.

At least that's my take on it.
fair enough though Richard Dawkins states loosely in his book "The God Delusion" some things may never be understood by science and similarly other scientists as well eg Lawrence Krauss, author of "A Universe From Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather Than Nothing" and other notable ones like Einstein.

very good article on Krauss views
http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...solete/256203/

What I will take on board is though apart from Jesus Christ (human being who went about turning the society in which he lived in at the time into the kingdom of God and was crucified for it) we have very little solid evidence to go on whether there is a God or not
Ricky123 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2013, 13:34
Rising Star
 
Ricky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Location: England
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahzeL View Post
When you decide to watch such a video or read a book or whatever please simply ask yourself one question: Does this person really want to inform you and make you think about it or does he want to instigate and force his beliefs on you. Only the former is legitimate.

This guy uses language that make him look shady. Everytime somebody uses some crazy Nazi regime comparisons like in this video you can't take him seriously anymore.
yes but he touches on other things as well most notably some things will never have an equation which science likes to put on everything
Ricky123 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2013, 13:59
Xtratime Legend
 
Morierinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Teams: Inter; Stoke
Posts: 28,753
Don't waste time on videos made by jack-of-all-trade amateurs.

There are plenty of educational videos and books out there, even free of charge.. college-level, on every thinkable topic... in physics, philosophy, biology, economics, and so on. Just as 'revelatory' to an intelligent layman such as yourself.. and you can even learn from them. A waste of time too, perhaps, but a more beautiful waste of time.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
Morierinho is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2013, 14:01
Xtratime Legend
 
Morierinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Teams: Inter; Stoke
Posts: 28,753
BTW, this thread needs more Remi.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
Morierinho is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2013, 14:34
Rising Star
 
Ricky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Location: England
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho View Post
Don't waste time on videos made by jack-of-all-trade amateurs.

There are plenty of educational videos and books out there, even free of charge.. college-level, on every thinkable topic... in physics, philosophy, biology, economics, and so on. Just as 'revelatory' to an intelligent layman such as yourself.. and you can even learn from them. A waste of time too, perhaps, but a more beautiful waste of time.
point taken hence boils down to the old saying variety is the spice of life
Ricky123 is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2013, 15:41
Nobody's Fool
Rising Star
 
Jim Bom's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2013
Teams: Galatasaray
Posts: 119
The "singularity" thingy is just a theory, and there is a HUGE possibility that the big bang actually never happened. There are lots of problems with it, and the latest galaxy that was discovered a couple months ago sort of proves the big bang we know didn't happen. Start with googling the "doppler effect" and do some research on the subject of redshift misinterpretation, cosmic plasma etc. There are also about 7 or 8 mathematical paradoxes that can't be solved regarding the big bang theory. There really is a huge possibility that the universe is not expanding at all.

And about god, it'll all be views and ideas. But since there is physical constants, consciousness and realization of certain concepts, i believe it's coming from somewhere, like a reflection of "something".

WE don't belong with the turkish game and we're FAECKING PROUD OF IT.
Jim Bom is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome