The Nietzsche Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 03:39 Thread Starter
Turn my Fash on
International

The Nietzsche Thread

This is the thread where Firdaus and I elaborate on and debate his ideas in a civilized manner. Trolling strictly prohibited.

“My principles are only those that, before the French Revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal.”
― Julius Evola

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 03:40
TTM
Legend

"**** the police!"......Nietzsche
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 03:41
Lord of the Basement
Legend

Teams: FC Basement
Stay ****ing tuned, I'm gonna justify ****ing slavery with my niggas Nietzsche and Aristotle

Here lies
Mrkela
2008-2015
Until the day break,
and the shadows flee away

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 03:52
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Remi, why did you exclude Joao from the debate?

This is highly offensive and inflammatory.
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 05:16
Müdür müdür müdür
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: The Best o TSL
Hi guys. I am really looking forward to intelligent debate on this topic. Don't let me down . *takes a seat*

BAM BAM BAM
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 05:30
Müdür müdür müdür
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Hi guys again,
I think it would be good idea to set like a scope on which the discussion will take place. That way it will be easier to facilitate and follow. Regards,

BAM BAM BAM
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 05:41 Thread Starter
Turn my Fash on
International

Fird needs to explain the points about Nietzsche's philosophy he finds objectionable or doesn't understand, then I will try to debate those points.

“My principles are only those that, before the French Revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal.”
― Julius Evola

post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 05:46
Müdür müdür müdür
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Okay thanks remi. How fast can you make a list of the said points fird?

BAM BAM BAM
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 09:18
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Will you shut up.
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 11:21
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
In before sheeple.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 12:05
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
Trolling strictly prohibited.
Yeah, that'll work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 13:27
Müdür müdür müdür
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
Will you shut up.
As you wish. I will say no more
*takes a seat again quietly*

BAM BAM BAM
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 13:32
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho View Post
In before sheeple.
hi what did I miss?

anyway, weren't Hitler and Goebbels really into Nietzsche? I'm not saying everybody who rates Nietzsche's Übermensch concept highly is a closet nazi but...

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 13:50
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
hi what did I miss?

anyway, weren't Hitler and Goebbels really into Nietzsche? I'm not saying everybody who rates Nietzsche's Übermensch concept highly is a closet nazi but...
See, he has this reputation, but it's basically the fault of Nietzche's sister. Who was an anti-semite, a proto-Nazi even, along with her husband. Nietzche was close to his sister Elisabeth when they were young, but when she got involved with Bernhard Förster who was a leading extreme German nationalist at the time, they fell apart. After Nietzche ended up having a breakdown his sister came back from the Nueva Germania colony her husband had tried to set up in South America for pure Aryans (but it failed, he ended up killing himself) & she looked after him. And ended up "editing" a lot of his unpublished work into a collection, The Will To Power. Onto which see rather warped his ideas more into line with her own.

The only people who claim that Nietzche influenced the Nazis are those who have never understood Nietzche. And here I quote part of a letter Friedrich Nietzche wrote his sister in 1887 (2 years before his breakdown)

Quote:
I've seen proof, black on white, that Herr Dr. Förster has not yet severed his connection with the anti-Semitic movement...Since then I've had difficulty coming up with any of the tenderness and protectiveness I've so long felt toward you. The separation between us is thereby decided in really the most absurd way. Have you grasped nothing of the reason why I am in the world?...Now it has gone so far that I have to defend myself hand and foot against people who confuse me with these anti-Semitic canaille; after my own sister, my former sister, and after Widemann more recently have given the impetus to this most dire of all confusions. After I read the name Zarathustra in the anti-Semitic Correspondence my forbearance came to an end. I am now in a position of emergency defense against your spouse's Party. These accursed anti-Semite deformities shall not sully my ideal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 13:57
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I'm not saying that Nietzshe was a proto-nazi or an anti-semite...but rather that people with this line of thinking might more easily gravitate towards his philosophy compared to let's say Kant.

So before the start of the debate I'd like to hear Remi's personal stance towards Nazism. Does he think Adolf Hitler had good qualities too?

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #16 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 14:05
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
I'm not saying that Nietzshe was a proto-nazi or an anti-semite...but rather that people with this line of thinking might more easily gravitate towards his philosophy compared to let's say Kant.

So before the start of the debate I'd like to hear Remi's personal stance towards Nazism. Does he think Adolf Hitler had good qualities too?
which leads to the main issue with this thread, Friedrich actually would despised no trolling here, while Kant would might banned the entire forum

PD. Adolf had quite good oratory and good taste in nazi musicians and writers like Wagner and...Friedrich

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"
post #17 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 14:06
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

@Remi, could you also clarify why have you shaved your head completely bald? Is it a premature hair-loss, a personal style preference or are there some other reasons?

post #18 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 14:10
Legend

...BTW the moustache was really a no no and that might make his oratory even greater...that moustache is almost as disturbing as Owen Wilson's nose

post #19 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 14:27
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man with No Name! View Post
Funny you say that, I'm reading Mein Kampf at the moment. Curious to find out what the fuss is all about. He was actually a decent writer. Quite surprised by this development.
oxymoron alert...decent & adolf

post #20 of 77 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2013, 15:18
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Atletico-MG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
Fird needs to explain the points about Nietzsche's philosophy he finds objectionable or doesn't understand, then I will try to debate those points.
I am eager to see Firdy explain the points he does not understand about Nietzsche. It will be the best part of the thread.

Wittgenstein is waiting with a fire poker to go after the bad trolls.

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in