marian keyes - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 12:51 Thread Starter
Rising Star

marian keyes

whos into this female irish author?
i read her book called "rachaels holiday" earlier this year and i realy luved it. its about a young irish women who gets draged out of her new york home back to dublin by her parents to start in a rehab house for drug addicts. All along this lady doesnt know what she has done wrong..its dark + funny as hell,highly recomended IMO.

iv just started 'Anybody Out There ' i hope its as good as RH..

anyone like this authors books?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 13:24
Premier Player

I love Marian Keyes, easily my fave author!!

I was hooked from when I read Sushi for Beginners.

She writes great humour & i can relate to her characters.

I've been a bit slack on the uptake of her new book Anybody Out There, still havent bought it yet!! Went looking for it at Borders Pitt St Mall, Sydney & it was sold out (good sign).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 14:47 Thread Starter
Rising Star

its brilliant so far bresh! it revisits the family from rachaels holiday,altho it is the youngest sister being the focus this time...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:54
Premier Player

Oh ok.. i read Rachel's Holiday after Sushi & then Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married.. and I didn't like it as much as her other books.

Hopefully this one is good its had good reviews. I like how they are always set in Dublin or with Irish women as lead characters.

One thing that annoyes me about Marian Keyes is when ur hanging out for a new book, she goes and releases those short story books!! I don't want a short story book, I want a novel!! :frustrat:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:55 Thread Starter
Rising Star

yeah lots of writers are doing the short story inbetween novels.im not a fan of them either,bring on the real thing! will prob check out those other ones you read after this one!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 02:02 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Ok so i finished this one last week.Its pretty good,keeps you interested but its not realy that 'plot driven' at all.More of a mood book,but it does a great job at that.I would recomend you reading it but i didnt enjoy as much as rachaels holiday,which you didnt like.go figure lol.

3.5/5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in