In your eyes who's the most inspirational person ever?? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2005, 20:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

In your eyes who's the most inspirational person ever??

well...i'll start the ball rolling

BILL HICKS

Bill hicks , was the first comedian i ever heard who didn't tell jokes about Airplane food , or having crap ..psst( take not eddie murphy)but he was funny in shrek

He made me question everything around me and make me make my own judgements about things, eg religion , media and general beliefs

yet i don't agree on everything he says i like the point he elucidated to me

Lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he's gonna wanna see a ****ing cross, man?
Bill Hicks

HOT GIRLS IN CHARLTON FORUM!!

Abuse other teams in the charlton forum - no holds barred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2005, 21:03 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Fav quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldy
well...i'll start the ball rolling

BILL HICKS

Bill hicks , was the first comedian i ever heard who didn't tell jokes about Airplane food , or having crap ..psst( take not eddie murphy)but he was funny in shrek

He made me question everything around me and make me make my own judgements about things, eg religion , media and general beliefs

yet i don't agree on everything he says i like the point he elucidated to me

i always find this quote comforting.....

The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question - is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us. They say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride.' And we...kill those people. Ha ha ha. 'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride. SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and family. This just has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings, and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourselves off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what you can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defence each year, and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, for ever, in peace.
Bill Hicks

it really makes me think ...ive also read alot of noam chomsky ...would the world hate america if it wasn't trying to dictate the world ..and suck the life out of the planet

alot of me is starting to think 9/11 was justified ...im sorry but i do

Lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he's gonna wanna see a ****ing cross, man?
Bill Hicks

HOT GIRLS IN CHARLTON FORUM!!

Abuse other teams in the charlton forum - no holds barred
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2005, 23:22
gOD
Legend

I just started reading the book of/aboutBill Hicks: Love all the people. It's pretty interesting.

But to answer your question, Pierre Bourdieu comes closest I think.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2005, 02:12
World Class Player

Alexander Trocchi

Brilliant author who is highly underrated and easily pigeon-holed into a fringe beat player. In actual fact though his own life story makes a better read than his book but I found him very inspirational.

"No doubt I shall go on writing, stumbling across tundras of unmeaning, planting words like bloody flags in my wake."- Trocchi
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2005, 03:05
World Class Player

Friedrich Hölderlin

german poet ... lots of people say he was insane ... they believe in a lie since they don't get behind his poetry.

Agora năo, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2005, 01:18
International
World Class Player

Teams: Manchester United and England
I've seen some of Bill Hick's gigs on DVD. Funny guy, but lewd and crude at times which puts you off a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in