post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 11:56 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Carlos Castaneda

Anyone read his books?

They're sort of...like...umm, yeah.

Great reading, that's for sure.

He claims it's all 100% true. And of course, there is no reason why it shouldn't be so. It might be all fiction too, as well. Or something in between. Anyway, it's certainly an ashtonishing cognitive journey he is describing in his series. Worth reading, for sure. It might give a new angle to your perception of the world.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 12:55
Che
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I read his first book back when I was a very young man, cant recall the title since I was out of my freaking mind on peyote!

"To go down as the greatest, it will take lots of work but that is my target. If you go down as the greatest at Madrid it means you are one of the greatest of all time."

CRISTIANO RONALDO
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 14:32
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
XT Consultants
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
Tried to *see* your hand while you slept, Che?

Few people know but Michel Foucault did the same in Death Valley during those years.

Regarding the series of books. It was good entertainment while it lasted. How real? Only the author knew.

For me, football is irrationality, tribal, passionate... - Almogŕver

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2005, 20:18
Rising Star

i read Carlos Casteneda's a don yaqui teachingor smethign or other the first book in the series.

Does it really matter if its iction or non- fiction , i dont really think it does! its the message that it portrays and the pure excitement of the bok ..the diffrent perspectives in shamanism and philosophy that orignates in south america

i also found some of the images vivd and gave me adrealine rushes ..when mescalito turns intio a bee and then starts buzzing at him

but it would be fascanating if people could turn into birds etc ...just like the diaberlos ..something tells me through that this book is real

Lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he's gonna wanna see a ****ing cross, man?
Bill Hicks

HOT GIRLS IN CHARLTON FORUM!!

Abuse other teams in the charlton forum - no holds barred

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in