Biggest Motherfu*king bosses you've ever fight - Xtratime Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2010, 22:46 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Inter Milan
Biggest Motherfu*king bosses you've ever fight

Playing gears of war and I think the biggest boss I've ever have to physically fight against, is probably the earth worm in gears of war 2.

what are yours?

Go to http://tinychat.com/xtratimeorg, pw: inter, for chat room during Inter games!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2010, 22:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Yeah the worm is huge, there's even an entire ission inside it

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2010, 05:59
Rated [D] for Danger
International

Teams: AS Roma
Chronos, God of War III.

:fero: as roma :fero:

“I don’t know whether to define all this as anti-Roma hatred, in my view it went beyond sporting rivalry, beyond common sense and intelligence. It isn’t a passion anymore, this is sick. I simply cannot understand how someone could prefer to damage another team rather than support their own.”
- at the time, Lazio's own defender Aleksandar Kolarov

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2010, 18:20
World Class Player

Teams: Valencia Club De Futbol
Bowser in Mario 64

\o/ formerly known as Nas \o/
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2010, 21:26 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Inter Milan
WHAT that's nothing Naser

when was the last time you played video games!?~

Go to http://tinychat.com/xtratimeorg, pw: inter, for chat room during Inter games!
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2010, 22:44
World Class Player

I was being sarcastic

post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2010, 00:08
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
Bosses are easy. They all have a sequence.

Hardest level ever: Mile High Club.
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2010, 17:10
Premier Player

Teams: the red devils
most bosses in ninja gaiden, that bitch zedonius almost gave me a heart attack on 'hard' mode.

Id rather know something about every thing than know every thing about something
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2010, 22:09
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Teams: Schalke, Serbia
Biggest, or hardest ?

Biggest was definitely in Gears of War, the worm, or that thing .... the last boss, that was....enormous...but they weren't particularly hard.

I can't think of too many hard ones right now, but I remember something from Metal Gear Solid giving me absolute nightmares.

S R B
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2010, 10:44
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Havent played GoW a lot. But one of the coolest bosses I've fought is definitely Ganondorf in Ocarina of time for the N64. That game has to be one of the best ever. Pushed the N64 to its limits and marked the start of open world gaming before GTA III came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2010, 16:34
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
Havent played GoW a lot. But one of the coolest bosses I've fought is definitely Ganondorf in Ocarina of time for the N64. That game has to be one of the best ever. Pushed the N64 to its limits and marked the start of open world gaming before GTA III came out.

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 00:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Ocarina of Time is my favourite game ever and it's so clear in my mind - haven't dug out the old machine for years but Ganondorf suddenly appears in front of you, his gasps so deep and audible. He thrusts out his fist and as he does so the sign of the Tri-Force is emblazoned upon it, so clearly. Then he curls into a tight ball and lets loose a piercing shriek; the transformation begins, this horrible twisting sound effect is introduced as Ganondorf completes his transition to the monster Ganon. Link shrinks back. That really cool and awesome font they use for all the bosses is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Ganon howls and shrieks, waving his massive twin blades about. Thunder claps crackle in the distance. The battle is on.

I actually don't remember the Ganondorf part all that well... does he see you, start laughing, then fly around with a cape throwing black magical bolts at you? Which you swat back at him with your sword?

The name of the first boss was "parasitic armored arachnid Gohma," inside the Deku Tree, what a cool name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

Last edited by Jeffrey; April 12th, 2010 at 00:38.
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 01:56
Legend

Teams: Arsenal, Melbourne Victory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihajlovic View Post
Biggest, or hardest ?

Biggest was definitely in Gears of War, the worm, or that thing .... the last boss, that was....enormous...but they weren't particularly hard.

I can't think of too many hard ones right now, but I remember something from Metal Gear Solid giving me absolute nightmares.
MGS 3, the boss you had to fight in the jungle, I can't remember his name, that used to give me the shits so bad, I had to get my mate to do it, pissed me off so bad.

MGS 4 bosses were a HUGE letdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA
Being perfectly blunt, you can't relate to someone who owns four super cars, but you can relate to a person who would chuck a pizza at Ferguson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pun View Post
Tough. It's like asking the same about Xxavi and Tarik.
Pun upon answering who fails more after dropping their trophy, Steklenburg or Ramos.
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 03:58
Tim
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruyff14 View Post
MGS 3, the boss you had to fight in the jungle, I can't remember his name, that used to give me the shits so bad, I had to get my mate to do it, pissed me off so bad.
The old guy? I caught him napping, so I spent ages trying to pinpoint his exact location. Threw a grenade or two his way - if I remember correctly - and that was that.

But that was my second attempt. He was awake on my first one, and it was a nightmare.
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 04:05
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
The old man sniper? Yeah that fight was hella unique and epic, but I wouldnt say it was hardest, just bit tough.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 08:53
Rated [D] for Danger
International

biggest does not equal hardest.
I have no idea how this turned into hardest but since we're talking about that now I'll throw mine into the mix. Dio, the boss of World Heroes 2 on the Neo Geo, is the cheapest and hardest boss ever created.

“I don’t know whether to define all this as anti-Roma hatred, in my view it went beyond sporting rivalry, beyond common sense and intelligence. It isn’t a passion anymore, this is sick. I simply cannot understand how someone could prefer to damage another team rather than support their own.”
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 09:39
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by イラ View Post
Ocarina of Time is my favourite game ever and it's so clear in my mind - haven't dug out the old machine for years but Ganondorf suddenly appears in front of you, his gasps so deep and audible. He thrusts out his fist and as he does so the sign of the Tri-Force is emblazoned upon it, so clearly. Then he curls into a tight ball and lets loose a piercing shriek; the transformation begins, this horrible twisting sound effect is introduced as Ganondorf completes his transition to the monster Ganon. Link shrinks back. That really cool and awesome font they use for all the bosses is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Ganon howls and shrieks, waving his massive twin blades about. Thunder claps crackle in the distance. The battle is on.

I actually don't remember the Ganondorf part all that well... does he see you, start laughing, then fly around with a cape throwing black magical bolts at you? Which you swat back at him with your sword?

The name of the first boss was "parasitic armored arachnid Gohma," inside the Deku Tree, what a cool name.
I last played it in 1998 or 1999, I think, but yeah, it really stays with you. You're talking about the second part of the battle though. The first part was just as incredible. You hear the faint sound of someone playing the organ from the bottom floor and this gets louder as you make your way up, floor by floor. The music is at its loudest when you are just by the door that will lead you to Ganondorf. As you enter the room, you see Ganondorf (in his most human incarnation ever) seated, with his back to you, playing the organ as if he did not notice your presence. Then he stops and the battle begins as you face "The Evil Ganondorf" (if I recall the game's description at the bottom of the screen correctly). This continues until the castle crumbles, whereupon your (ILA's) recollection of the events begins.

Was this the first game where the bosses were gigantic? Gohma was larger than you'd have expected. But Dodongo, especially, was huge.

Other than God of War, another game for the which had huge bosses (well nothing but huge bosses, really) was Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2. Really great just thinking about the sighting of the first colossus or climbing atop a gigantic pterosaur which flies high in the sky with you clinging on (at times) for dear life.

Quote:
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 12:11
Rated [D] for Danger
International

I might be alone in this, but who cares? Zelda is the most overrated title in the history of video games ever.

post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 12:50
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of wolf and Man View Post
I might be alone in this, but who cares? Zelda is the most overrated title in the history of video games ever.
Ocarina of Time or the entire series? I don't know if you're alone on this but the famous games definitely deserve the hype, imo.

Not sure how long you've been playing video games but a lot of the Zelda games should be viewed in the context of when they came out.

Legend of Zelda (NES) was brilliant around the time it came out. Every time you fought through a dungeon, beat the boss and grabbed a piece of the Triforce, you'd probably still be on an adrenaline rush.

Same thing for Zelda II (NES again), which took a partly side-scrolling approach (in towns, when fighting in castles, boss fights, etc). Even though it was a massively anticipated and well-received game when it came out, I'd say this title was underrated as time passed and later games arrived. I'd put it down to the gameplay, which is probably the hardest out of all the games I've played in the Zelda series.

Link to the Past (SNES) was a return to the fully top-down view and was very well received. Another gem, imo.

And then there's Ocarina of Time (N64) which was revolutionary in itself when it came out. Sure, you had Mario 64, which was an amazing third person 3D game in itself and you had the 3D shooters like Wolfenstein, Doom (and so many other games which were out for the PC long before that). But Ocarina of Time was the first game where the "background" wasn't actually a background like all the games before it. If you went towards the "background" mountains long enough you'd actually reach them and be able to climb them to reach other places. Now, with the GTA series (which I love) along with other games thanks to technological advancements, something like that would probably be taken for granted.

But the main thing is that the gameplay was so good that those games stand the test of time. If I still had a working NES or SNES, I'd probably play them again. I might dust off my N64 to revisit Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 though.

Quote:
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2010, 13:36
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of wolf and Man View Post

A collection of the greatest games...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in