NHL thread - Page 30 - Xtratime Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #581 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 03:01
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
NHL's most team eliminated NHL's second most team. Andersen choked again, Babcock is stubborn but that's not new in coaches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 03:36
Star Player

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
Poor JT!
Reza likes this.
post #583 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 04:19
Rising Star

Teams: Romania NT
Come on Sharks

post #584 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 06:18
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Was hoping for the Leafs along with Washington.

the Russian language surpasses all the others of Europe, not only in the breadth of territory over which it rules, but also in its own extent and wealth
post #585 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 16:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Toronto didn't play too badly in the first two periods but once Boston scored the third they gave up. Babcock will get a lot of heat, some of it deserved considering the money he is getting paid and his playoff record (with the Leafs) and there seems to be a clear disconnect between him and the front office. Also they will have to make some moves in the offseason due to their cap situation

I actually stopped watching the Knights-Sharks game when the Knights went up 3:0 , then this morning I saw only minutes later a BS five-minute major was called on Vegas and the Sharks scored four goals on that extended power play. The Knights managed to take the game to OT where the Sharks won Game 7. The major penalty call was BS but still no excuse to give up 4 goals like that

Last edited by HajdukSplit; April 24th, 2019 at 17:16.
post #586 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 17:18
Legend

I don't get the beef people have with Babcock. What were people expecting? That his one championship with Detroit and repeat gold medals with the best team ever was a guarantee that the leafs would beat Boston let alone win the cup? Get a grip...

This is exactly how storied the in Canada are ruining themselves time after time. Expectations and emotions too high for rational decision making. Toronto hype was too much this year.
post #587 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 17:57
Administrators
Legend

The beef with Babcock it is not unique to him but it is valid. Last 5 minutes Matthews barely on the ice can not possibly be 'coach knows best', I am no fan of the team and I actually dislike Matthews but come on, any team, including SJ last night for example throws out their best players every second shift when needing goals, even Erik Karlsson who is obviously having major groin or thigh issues was always on the ice never mind Burns, Thornton, etc.
Of course leafs are hyped that is not new. As for cap situation, if it forces them to give up on Marner then good

That 5 minute major was wrong but as mentioned giving up 4 goals is crazy.

Last edited by Reza; April 24th, 2019 at 18:08.
post #588 of 604 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 19:22
Rookie

San Jose resident here. I walk by SAP every day to work.

HOW ABOUT THEM SHARKS?

I’ve read that some of you think the major call was BS and I can’t wait to argue that point. It was the right call.

Cross check? Yes.
Penalty? Yes.
Blood? Yes.
Major? Definitely.
Rules say so? 100%

Plus that call wasn’t the reason the Knights lost. We can go back to Game 2 and that goal waved off for interference that was a series changer. We can go to Game 6 when Hertl scored short handed in OT. We can talk about four goals in four minutes. List goes on and on...
post #589 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 02:58
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnteDinamoZG View Post
San Jose resident here. I walk by SAP every day to work.

HOW ABOUT THEM SHARKS?

I’ve read that some of you think the major call was BS and I can’t wait to argue that point. It was the right call.

Cross check? Yes.
Penalty? Yes.
Blood? Yes.
Major? Definitely.
Rules say so? 100%

Plus that call wasn’t the reason the Knights lost. We can go back to Game 2 and that goal waved off for interference that was a series changer. We can go to Game 6 when Hertl scored short handed in OT. We can talk about four goals in four minutes. List goes on and on...
Regarding the five minute, go find the rules in the NHL rule book and paste them here. That will be more constructive.

Also you didn't mention Thornton meriting to be taken out of the series for his vicious head shot to Vegas player.
post #590 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 04:07
Rookie

Rule 59 about cross checking.
Attached Images

post #591 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 05:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
The beef with Babcock. Has a nice ring to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #592 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 11:46
Legend

Quote:
Rule 59 about cross checking.
Thanks for fishing it out. Most people would say that the cross checking contact was not severe, that the fall was just awkward and unlucky.
post #593 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 14:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Hurricanes eliminate the Capitals in double OT to win the series in 7, scrappy goal which the camera almost missed too. As a result all four division winners have been eliminated in the first round, only three of the higher seeds in the 1st round advanced (SJ, BOS, NYI) with the first two needing to win game 7s at home

The 2nd round starts today already, Blue Jackets return to the ice after a 9 day layoff

Eastern Conference
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Boston Bruins
Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders

Western Conference
Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues
Colorado Avalanche vs. San Jose Sharks

I'm sure the NHL is hoping with all their might that the Bruins make the finals, spare a thought for NBC as well, they spend the whole season paying attention to roughly 7-8 teams and only one remain The Sharks are somewhat shown regularly on NBCSN during the season but that's most due to the fact their local TV affiliate is NBC sports. You can probably count on one hand how many times NYI, CAR, CBJ were on NBCSN during this season. NHL marketing team is screwed out west though I guess St. Louis as the city seems to be fully behind them especially when their NFL team left. Only thing which could have been worse for NBC is if Winnipeg or Calgary made a run
post #594 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 14:45
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
Hurricanes eliminate the Capitals in double OT to win the series in 7, scrappy goal which the camera almost missed too. As a result all four division winners have been eliminated in the first round, only three of the higher seeds in the 1st round advanced (SJ, BOS, NYI) with the first two needing to win game 7s at home

The 2nd round starts today already, Blue Jackets return to the ice after a 9 day layoff

Eastern Conference
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Boston Bruins
Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders

Western Conference
Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues
Colorado Avalanche vs. San Jose Sharks

I'm sure the NHL is hoping with all their might that the Bruins make the finals, spare a thought for NBC as well, they spend the whole season paying attention to roughly 7-8 teams and only one remain The Sharks are somewhat shown regularly on NBCSN during the season but that's most due to the fact their local TV affiliate is NBC sports. You can probably count on one hand how many times NYI, CAR, CBJ were on NBCSN during this season. NHL marketing team is screwed out west though I guess St. Louis as the city seems to be fully behind them especially when their NFL team left. Only thing which could have been worse for NBC is if Winnipeg or Calgary made a run
The NHL is a scumbag league for sure. I'm glad their marketing schemes are ruined

Columbus Boston will be a tough series.

Canes and Islanders are both lucky to face each other. The Islanders have the best coach in the league.

Losing an important centre like Pavelski will have to hurt the Sharks.
post #595 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 14:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Even Hagelin who has played like a million playoff games over the last several seasons couldn't help the Caps win. As a Pens fan, I am happy that most other favourites also failed. The Vegas game was insane too, some great hockey in the first round. All the division leaders are not only out but outplayed too, none was beaten by a hot goalie and desperate defending like the 2010 Caps vs Halak.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #596 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 16:38
Administrators
Legend

camelface likes this.
post #597 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 17:49
Rookie

Makes sense. Another round, less games, less refs.

I can’t wait for the Sharks Avs series. Colorado’s speed has me worried. They are a very fast team and the Sharks are known to be a slower team but with way more talent. Biggest player worries are Duchene and McKinnon. They are very good and get their shots off quick. Landis is a grinder for sure. Sharks are keeping the Pavelski injury on the DL. I suspect he’ll be out this round. Plus Colorado has rest on their side. Hopefully they’ll be rusty. I still think San Jose takes it, especially having home ice advantage.

San Jose in 6.
post #598 of 604 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 23:11
Legend

Quote:
Makes sense. Another round, less games, less refs.

I can’t wait for the Sharks Avs series. Colorado’s speed has me worried. They are a very fast team and the Sharks are known to be a slower team but with way more talent. Biggest player worries are Duchene and McKinnon. They are very good and get their shots off quick. Landis is a grinder for sure. Sharks are keeping the Pavelski injury on the DL. I suspect he’ll be out this round. Plus Colorado has rest on their side. Hopefully they’ll be rusty. I still think San Jose takes it, especially having home ice advantage.

San Jose in 6.
duchene is with columbus now bro, he even was with ottawa prior to this move
post #599 of 604 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2019, 00:02
Rookie

Freudian slip.
post #600 of 604 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 14:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Halfway to that dream matchup Bettman and the NHL wants...Columbus vs. Carolina, but they will spin it as their expansion methods working The Isles-Canes series is tough to watch, both teams play ultra defensive and the refereeing has been inconsistent

Boston could see Marchand suspended as he punched a CBJ defenseman in the back of the head

Out west, SJ up 2:1 as well as STL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in