Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3222 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2019, 10:43
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
You think he can win? Ballsiest move by a top 10 p4p in a while. Rigo taking on Loma comes to mind but this seems even more one sided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #3223 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2019, 15:12
TTM
Legend

I think he has a champions shot but usually moves up like this don't end up too well. Think Gomez moving up to face Sanchez.

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding

post #3224 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2019, 09:55
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Pacman retains his WBO welterweight title with a UD win over Broner.

Broner was terrible and should quit the sport. Overall not a good fight despite some flurries from Manny.

Perhaps now is the time for Manny to retire too. Title fight win at the MGM Grand is a good way to bow out. I'm sure it was a good pay day too. Better than being tempted into just one more fight, then going the way of someone like Bernard Hopkins.
post #3225 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2019, 09:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Pacman retains his WBO welterweight title with a UD win over Broner.

Broner was terrible and should quit the sport. Overall not a good fight despite some flurries from Manny.

Perhaps now is the time for Manny to retire too. Title fight win at the MGM Grand is a good way to bow out. I'm sure it was a good pay day too. Better than being tempted into just one more fight, then going the way of someone like Bernard Hopkins.
Did you see the Cejudo vs TJ fight?

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #3226 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2019, 13:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
Did you see the Cejudo vs TJ fight?

Yeah just saw it. I don't get the controversy. TJ was getting repeatedly hit in the face, so easy decision to stop the fight. If for argument's sake the ref had let it continue for another 10-15 seconds, that would have just been more damage inflicted. TJ is a sore loser, just like Broner .
pele10brazil likes this.
post #3227 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 09:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Solid win for Keith Thurman after a two-year layoff against Josesito Lopez. Not an easy opponent after such a long absence as Lopez can bang and had Thurman badly hurt. But Thurman's class showed in the end.

Would like to see him get another fight under his belt before any talk of Crawford or Spence.
pele10brazil likes this.
post #3228 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 09:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Solid win for Keith Thurman after a two-year layoff against Josesito Lopez. Not an easy opponent after such a long absence as Lopez can bang and had Thurman badly hurt. But Thurman's class showed in the end.

Would like to see him get another fight under his belt before any talk of Crawford or Spence.
My thoughts exactly

But my day is already shitty because of the Fedor fight. Sad to see a GOAT in such a state

Quote:

post #3229 of 3251 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 13:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Damn, yeah I didn't see the fight but heard.
post #3230 of 3251 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2019, 15:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Tyson Fury's signed for uncle Bob Arum and ESPN in the States. Hope the rematch with Wilder will still be on for later in the year.

Degale - Eubank jr coming up this weekend, but I'm not so interested in that one.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #3231 of 3251 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2019, 06:45
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
Chris Eubank Jr finally emerged from his father’s suffocating cloak on Saturday night to send two-time world champion James DeGale hurtling towards retirement and setting his own career on what could be an irresistible upward curve.

“There is no returning for whoever comes out of this defeated,” Eubank said just moments before he walked to the ring, and DeGale agreed. In defeat, the 33-year-old loser equivocated, but said ringside, “I’ve done everything: Olympic gold, two world titles. He was tough, strong. I didn’t do enough. I’ll have to go back and watch it, talk to my team, talk to my family, but I’m pretty sure [about retirement].”

The judges saw it 114-112; 115-112, 117-109, to hand 29-year-old Eubank the IBO’s super-middleweight title, and, while the third score looked unkind, there could be no arguing with the result.

Eubank said, “Now I’m going for all the other belts in the super-middleweight division. I knew he was going to use his boxing ability. I was working on my jab. He’s a very slick southpaw. The game plan worked, smart pressure. I didn’t get too much ahead of myself. I dominated pretty much every single every round. I believe I proved the doubters wrong tonight. They said I was going to get my head jabbed off. It was the most important fight of my career. He didn’t quit, man enough to stay in the ring.”

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #3232 of 3251 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 04:16
TTM
Legend

Mikey and Spence tonight. I'm thinking Robert and Mikey must see something in Spence's game to think Mikey can exploit it. Otherwise, it would be crazy to take it. We'll see soon enough.

post #3233 of 3251 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 05:00
TTM
Legend

Not watching but based on what I see online looks like it is one-sided and close to being stopped. The bigger man theory looks like it is holding....like it does like 99% of the time.

post #3234 of 3251 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 09:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Was always going to be too much of a mismatch. Credit to Spence though, he boxed very well, and credit to Mikey for having the cojones to take the fight.

Crawford needs to step up and fight Spence. His reach is slightly longer than Spence (74 to 72 inches). To put into context, Mikey's is 68 inches. Similar height too (Spence a little taller).
post #3235 of 3251 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 10:21
Forum Manager
Legend

And Mikey needs to fight Loma.

Quote:

post #3236 of 3251 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2019, 16:16
Forum Manager
Legend

@TTM Did you see the Canelo fight? A fine win for him. He's such a complete fighter. Boxing fundamentals are spot on. Good head movement, granite chin, power, technique, ring IQ.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, ese
TTM likes this.
post #3237 of 3251 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2019, 17:45
TTM
Legend

Quote:
@TTM Did you see the Canelo fight? A fine win for him. He's such a complete fighter. Boxing fundamentals are spot on. Good head movement, granite chin, power, technique, ring IQ.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, ese

Yeah man, his defense was really impressive. Jacobs was swinging at the air most of the time and when he did connect nothing fazed Canelo. Jacobs was wise not to trade with Canelo too much because it would have shortened the fight I think. So, at the end of the day, he fought a smart fight also.
Rodriguez likes this.

post #3238 of 3251 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2019, 21:24
TTM
Legend

You know what I was impressed about with Jacobs? He guarded his body really really well. Normally, Canelo just punishes the body mercilessly. I mean, most of his scoring blows against GGG were to the body. Canelo couldn't do that with Jacobs because he kept his elbows close in almost all the time. Jacobs' camp must have studied the GGG fights and realized that Canelo favors the body and formed their strategy accordingly.

post #3239 of 3251 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2019, 22:30
Forum Manager
Legend

True. Jacobs fought well. At times he kept Canelo honest and definitely won a few of the rounds.
post #3240 of 3251 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 11:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Manny - Keith Thurman on July 20. Surely not a winnable fight for Manny, or can he?

Wonder in kind of shape Andy Ruiz jr will be in when he faces Anthony Joshua next week. He has often looked flabby in the past. It will also be Callum Smith's chance to shine in the US against gatekeeper Hassan H'Jikam. Big money fight too for the Belgian policewoman Delfine Persoon against Katie Taylor

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in