LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2002, 06:15 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Berbatov=Bulgaria's Footballer of the Year

Berbatov Distinguished As Bulgaria's Top Footballer
Latest News | News Archive

Berbatov (L) in action against Olympiakos (Getty Images)
12/27/2002. Bayer Leverkusen striker Dimitar Berbatov has been bestowed the honour of having been voted Bulgaria's Footballer of the Year for 2002.

The 21-year-old received recognition for having played heavy hand in Bayer's narrowly-failed triple assault on the Champions League (beaten finalists), Bundesliga (second-place) and German Cup (beaten finalists).

He especially provided for headlines in his motherland when he both setup and scored a goal in Bulgaria's 2-0 win over Croatia in an important Euro 2004 qualifier from several months ago.

soccerage

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2002, 17:15
Premier Player

This year as usual the contestants were mostly from the NT.I suppose he won because of his participation in the CL last year
My favorites were the Petrovs(Martin and Stilian)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2003, 08:27
Premier Player

Something intersting around Berbatov is that he is going to be the fate man of the first baby born in Bulgaria on the first day of the new year.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2003, 16:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Berbatov I guess deserved the honours. He reached CL final with leverkusen, came second in the Bundesleague and scored some of teh most vital goals for the NT. I personally, prefer Stilian, no question. Even Balakov said his N1 was Stan. My guess, is that of Zdravkov goes to Arsenal and gets some games there or later on in another EPL club and the NT qualifies then it will be bewtween Stan and Zdavkov next year. Stilian is destained to be NT leader for the next years ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in