Mighty Bulgaria! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2002, 18:14 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mighty Bulgaria!

hvala braco...

Great result, looks like the bad days are over for u, will we see a new WC94 team...

FORZA BUGARSKA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2002, 19:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Thanks Canmniga
Great game indeed ... unbeliavable.
Soem people might coem and say again that Croatia was bad just like Belgique but I am telling you it was a great game we played. I havents seen BG playing like that since 94/95 ...

Defense was rocksolid. In fact the Cros had no more than 3 semi-chances for sth in our pen area ... nothing was passing by the deffense. Absolutely rocking.

Midfield - the real stars of teh night. Creativity, running fast game, combinations, tactics, preassure. positioning, anticipation of almost every ball, defending ... everything was there. I could not belive I this was Bulgaria ... absolutely amazing stuf. Balakov was genious in teh midle. Stilian was just everywheer - the real star and the center rock in our team for me. Peev had a great game ... very influential ...

Attack - Berbatov did all he was asked for. Pass for the first goal - absolute beauty it was, cutting down the deffense in pieces leaving Stilian opened for teh goal; scoring the second one in great fashion - magical control with the chess , clinical finish ... and teh amzing stuff was the he got injured before the first goal and was just about to subbed ... then he made the two wonders for teh goals and then was substituted ...
Martin Petrov looked very good too, great skill, amazing speed, beauty of a pass for the secoind goal. Tudor looked liek fool ... how do I ilike that

Coach - we have a real team. It is not an exageration ... and Markov is sthe main man behind it. Great tactics, very good feeling twoarsds th egame ... just one thing, a request - stop using Levski players, will ya !!!

just kidding, but chilikov was sort of ... well, forrget it, doesnt matter!

WE WON!!!

Mighty Bulgaria!!!

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2002, 20:30
Premier Player

We do have a team

I am just coming back from the stadium
It was wonderful,stunning and simply great
The stadium is beautiful!!!
Very creative attack,we created a lot of opportunities.Awesome Yancovic.....

You know ,I can't make logic right now.I am too excited.
There were around 400 people from Macedonia-Zapadnite Pokrainini,I mean.They were specially mentioned by the dictor at the stadium....And the national anthem....and all was perfect except the reaction of the most of the audience against the Croatian anthem-that was a really ugly act.
I haven't seen so many people on the streets of Sofia with the national flags and painted in our colors.We hardly managed to find tickets
The colleagues from Darik said that they haven't seen such a thing since our win against Russia in 1997....it was high time

I would like to read Gianni's opinion about Markov and the squad

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2002, 23:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by bono
Thanks Canmniga
I meant thanks Drulo .. thou I see you got an IP ban ... well you worked hrd on it ...

Still thanks ...

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2002, 18:11
Keyboard Hero
World Class Player

Congrats.

Ye played football the way it's supposed to be played and we played anti-football.

France '98 didn't play flowing football like that and neither did Brazil '02. Really pretty stuff.

The midfield was the key. Really good movement off the ball and they were all able and willing-the key- to run.

Cestitke.

Reprezentaciju ste ukrali, istinu ne možete

"Football is an extension of the war by other means"

Franjo Tudman

PS. Iako si najavio ne moraš dolaziti u Hercegovinu, ovamo nisi dobodošao. Sasvim sigurno su ti otvorena vrata onih koji su skupa sa tobom radili na zabrani utakmice, i otvorena su ti vrata njihovog grada gdje se pale i brane hrvatske zastave.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2002, 17:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thanks Ljubuski,

Hats off! you are the only croatian to come over here and say that. Apprciated.

Sth very good is happening for Bulgarian football indeed. the NT looks great and won its first 2 most important games. Our Three UEFA cup teams played really good and though only Levski goes the other played good indeed and were somewhat unlucky. And Levski has a good chance now against Sturm ,,,

Hrvatska have some great players. But there is sth wrong in teh organization ... it is obvious. S.o. has to able to make this players to play as a team ... it isnt as bad as it seems but could become if sth doesnt change. Still I would not disregard Croatia as yet. They will bounce back and will be very strong ...

Last edited by bono; October 14th, 2002 at 17:33.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2002, 18:27
Rising Star

bono,

I guess I will not leave it at Ljubuski being the only one to congratulate you

so congratulations, you played great and deserved it. We were crap and need to change things if we want to improve. I hope that this will result in Baric being replaced.

By the way, I can't help but notice similarities between Bulgaria and Croatia in the following:

Bulgaria, WC94 3rd, WC98 crap, WC02 not there, now great

Croatia, WC98 3rd, WC02 crap, WC06 not there but then becomes great in 06.

I hope I am wrong but who knows
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2002, 20:48
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Bono,

As soon as I saw it was Drulic's thread, I didn't even bother looking untill now....(I admit, I'm easily baited so I don't even open things like that up)

Congratulations to your team, two wicked games for all 6 points. Full credit to Bulgaria and to the fans over there.

As for our team, well enough has been said in our forum, it was one of the worst games I've ever seen my country play. All thats left for us now is to battle the equally unconvincing Belgians for second place.

All the best to Bulgaria, and hopefully Croatia can salvage some face at home next year.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2002, 11:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thanks Ero! Thanks Goran ... congrats for the goal in the Boban testimonial. Great one

I really appriciate that guys. Seriously. Look, I hope you wont get this the wrong way ... but!
One of the biggest mistake Croatia made was the arogant attitude they had when they came to play Bulgaria. Baric made some almost insulting comments of how the game will be very easy, how he doesnt even care about this Bulgarian team and how if they score Bg wont be able to score back. Of course, showing confidence is part of the battle but this was way out of line ... The same attitude showed some of teh players.
After the game most of the Bulgarian players said that they were extra motivated because of this comments. I am glad to see now, few days and hours before our home game against Andora, that all of teh players are shwoing respect towards that team and its players. Being confident is one thing, not showing respect is another. Which reminds me of the bad example our fans showed when some of them were whistling during the Croatian anthem before the game. Disgraceful stuff ... Sorry about that!

So, this is another reason for me to appriciate your comments here. As I said Croatia is far from being dead. You just have to regain your composer and get the right attitude within the team ... its seems like there are too many stars or egos ... well, sth is not working there. I dont know whether it is Baric though I wont be sad to see him go

Good luck! I said it before ... I will be gald to see both Hrvatska and Bulgaria in the EC!

Last edited by bono; October 15th, 2002 at 11:34.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2002, 12:43
Rising Star

bono

the comments you described do not sound like Baric at all. I also never read any of those comments. In fact he said that Bulgaria was favoured a couple of days before the game. Maybe it was the Bulgarian media that made this up to fire up the players (I guess it worked).

You just have to regain your composer

Are you saying that our team will improve if we play a music composer? oh you meant composure
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2002, 13:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Re: bono

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivanisevic

Are you saying that our team will improve if we play a music composer? oh you meant composure
Nice to meet you, the famous cant-spell-Bono

Look, I havent read these comments personally. Probably the other Bulgarians here might shed a light. However, I heard the Bg players being furious before and after the game about it ... Apparantly, Baric said sth like "we are just comng to get the three points and it will be easy" or sth like that ... Dont knwo, might have been a BG press propaganda. If so, as you said, it worked !!!

Honestly, I was surprise to hear these things ... I dont think an inteligent man liek Baric (well he looks liek one) will say such things ...

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2002, 14:09
International

Re: Re: bono

It's nice to see Bulgaria back on track...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2002, 16:15
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Re: Mighty Bulgaria!

Quote:
Originally posted by Caniggia
hvala braco...

Great result, looks like the bad days are over for u, will we see a new WC94 team...

FORZA BUGARSKA!
drulo?? back on the track? great, and great result for bulgaria as well, isnt it?

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2002, 20:08
International

Re: Re: Mighty Bulgaria!

Quote:
Originally posted by sanyi
drulo?? back on the track? great, and great result for bulgaria as well, isnt it?

To all Bulgarians:
Check out this poll in Romanian soccer - it will make you laugh:
http://www.xtratime.com/forums/showt...threadid=89380
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2002, 01:12
Star Player

Bulgaria with same team against Andorra?
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2002, 07:01
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Someone must have misquoted Baric, look in the Croatian forum under the thread "Herr Otto" to see his optimism

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2002, 09:03
Rookie

WE RULE!!bulgarian football needed a match like this against croatia.the atmosFEAR was like crazy at the stadium and the fans and the enthusiasm it was unbelievable!and today's the match with andorra.i expect another win.
to all croatians 10x for your congrats.We'll beat belgium 4 u at home u just have to take the points against andora and estonia.nothing is lost 4 u guys.belgium doesn't play good so u have a fine chance against them. .
anywayz there is a long path to qualification and we haven't walked it yet.i mean there are some ppl who think we have to make arrangements 4 hotels in portugal right 'bout now ;]if we play like the last match we will qualify but anything can happen so to all bulgarians let's support our guys.THEY DESERVE IT!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2002, 09:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by LuisPedroCat
Bulgaria with same team against Andorra?
Not quite. berbatov (the hero of teh Cro game) injured himself during the match - actually he got the injury, twisted ancle, in the 1st minute but stayed there untill the 35th to give the pass for the first and to score the second - so he will be out for 3 to 4 weeks, the say. Probably, chilikov will be his replacement. Balakov is not certain as he played with some inujury against Croatia ... Pazin (who is Serb by the way ) wil also miss the game most likely - he will be replaced by Zagorchic - another naturalized Serbian Bulgarian

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2002, 14:24
Premier Player

Bulgaria-Andorra 2-1

A tough game but a win is a win
Berbatov was replaced by Chilikov who missed several chances but at least scored once.Balakov was brilliant again.He was just about to be replaced by Svetlio when he scored

Gonzo and Manchev had the opportunity to play for e few minutes but then Andorra surprised us all .

Some critics say that Markov should have played Gonzo or Manchev in attack

Anyway,next game:
Spain-Bulgaria

There are rumours that we will play against an African team after the winter break.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2002, 14:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A very important result indeed! nice way to finish the year ... 3 out of 3! Sure it wasnt very pretty but hey, who cares - 3 pts and so long! Now we have to get that Estonia game away! Very important indeed. It will be very hard. Estoinias showed some good football and the draw in Zagreb is an example. Still we have 6 months to this game ... hope we will continue the year the way we have ended it!

And no injuries please!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in