XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Euro 2004 Qualifier: Bulgaria---Croatia

Euro 2004 Qualifier Preview: Bulgaria v Croatia
Bulgaria - Croatia | Latest News | Match Preview | News Archive

Krasimir Balakov (Reuters)
10/11/2002. BACKGROUND

Buoyed by their excellent Group 8 opening win away to Belgium, the Bulgarians will be in high spirits when they play host to Croatia in an intriguing Euro 2004 qualifier which will mark the official opening of the renovated national stadium, Vasil Levski.

Further speaking in favour of the Bulgarians is that coach Plamen Markov only has one player unavailable to him on Saturday, that being AEK Athens midfielder Milen Petkov, who injured himself during his club side's recent Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

"I do have to admit that Bulgaria are favourites for this match," said Croatia coach Otto Baric. "They have had the same team for years now and they look good. But, nevertheless, I am an optimist because we are missing only one player, and I have everyone else I need."

Juventus defender Igor Tudor will be back in the heart of Croatia's defense after having been forced to sit out the World Cup due to injury and he is rearing to get his side qualification campaign on track following their disappointing opening draw at home to Estonia. The uncompromising centre-back also showed himself to be in more confident mood than his coach.

"We are better than Bulgaria and we need to get a result," he said. "They have a good team, but we are determined to give it our best. The atmosphere in the squad is perfect and I can assure you that the setback against Estonia didn't shake our confidence at all."

SQUADS

Bulgaria: Zdravkov, Ivankov, Kishishev, Pazin, Petkov, Kirilov, Zagorcic, Stoyanov, G Petrov, Stilian Petrov, Peev, Balakov, Svetoslav Petrov, M Petrov, Manchev, Jankovic, Ivanov, Berbatov, Dimitrov, Chilikov.

Croatia: Pletikosa, Butina, Simic, Kovac, Tudor, Zivkovic, Tokic, Tomas, Rapaic, Babic, Leko, Vugrinec, Stanic, Tapalovic, S Maric, Mikic, Djolonga, Boksic, M Maric, Olic.

soccerage

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in