Ivan Slavkov's thread! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 148 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2002, 04:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Ivan Slavkov's thread!

I was thinking about it long time ago but now it is official. I do open a weekly thread on Ivan Slakov's interviews, words and actions. In case some one does not know - he is the President of the Bugarian Football Federation, the President of Bugarian Olympic Committee and a member of the International Olympic Committe!

Whay do I open this thread - well, stay tuned and you will see!

So, here is the thread dedicated to one genius - Ivan Slavkov /Bateto/.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 148 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2002, 05:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Here is the first article of this thread.

taken from the Bg sportsnewspaper Meridian Match ... URL: http://www.mmatch.techno-link.com/ (only in Bulgarian)

The President of the BG Football Federation landed on Sofia Airport today aftet he took part in an official state visit in Mexico.

Q: Mr Slavkov, are you satisfied form what you have done in Mexico?
I.S.: Yes, however I don't wanna talk about it right now. I am in divorse proceedings ...

Q: Atanas uzunov (the Pres. of the Refferee Commission at BFU) has said that he wants to decrease the number of the profi refs?
I.S.: Good. The number of the refs should be prportional to the game played!

Q: Will you have the last word on the refferee official list?
I.S. My word will be instrumental not only for the refs list but for the results of the games!

Q: Who is gonna be the champ this year?
I.S.: This is sth that only I know! But I won't tell you (the journalists) because you will tell it to everyone ... . No, I am just kidding I haven't seen the first game yet (me: they haven't been played by the way ) Whoever plays better will be champion

Q: Levski has beaten Botev on Wen in a friendly?
I.S. Well, the Levski will be a champion. By the way, who played friendlies today?
Q: Levski won over Belasitca and CSKA lost to Beyer Leverkusen (me: 0-2).
I.S. Well, Bayer is a great team. We can forgive one loss
Q: What do you think about the upcoming friendly of the Nt against Germany.
I.S. the Germans show respect for this game. We expect a big delegation headed by E. Braun.
Q: There are rumours that Germany will coem with their second team?
I.S. Even better, then we will beat the Germans one more time
Q: Is true that BFU has an idea to gather together the golden team of 1994 and you have called Stoichkov already?
I.S. I think I should first gather together the 1986 team and then the one from 1970!!!
Q: Gibi Iskrenov (one of the most loved player ever in Buglaria) was about to start working for BFU ...
I.S. I haven't seen his papers on my desk yet!
Q: Gibi said he was ready to help the BG football?
I.S. I am also ready to fly in the Universe but can't find anyone to give me $ 20 bil ...

The one and only ... Ivan Slavkov!

More to come ... I bet!

Last edited by bono; July 21st, 2002 at 05:14.
post #3 of 148 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2002, 11:38
Premier Player

Without him reality would be so sad
Sometimes I have the feeling that he's doing it on purpose,laughing at us but we have to admit that usually he makes good steps at international level

post #4 of 148 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2002, 00:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bateto has apparantly chosen "the party and not the work" (7dnisport) ... he left Buglaria to take part in the festivities around Samaranch B-Day in Spain. At the same time he wss supposed to lead a crucial and veru important meeting of the Board of the BFU ...

I am looking for an interview somewhere ... shoudl be interesting to hear his words

post #5 of 148 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2002, 22:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

An interiew aftre the game Bulgaria - Germany 2-2!!!

Q: What do you think about teh game:
A: "I am very disappoined by the game because I did not win the car from the half time lottery with the tckets " ...

Q: Is the NT in crisis (the expression in Buglarian is "in a hole")?

A: We are not France to be in a hole/crsis!! They are in a hole! No one is worse than them, they should think about it ... !!!

Q: Wat do you think about the ref?
A: What can you say about him: A frenchman!!! Otherwise, the German penalty was not real ... "

Last edited by bono; November 10th, 2002 at 18:46.
post #6 of 148 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2002, 05:14
Premier Player

It seems there are a lot of holes
post #7 of 148 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2002, 22:38
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Uhh...

In his last interview for the Tv - after the game vs Belgium...

he was speaking about how there are no weak teams around the world anymore...
Quote:
Look for example at Ferovski or whatever their name was Islands... oh yeah, you are correct, Ms Journalist - Farjovski was the name. whatever...
Simply brilliant

Ciaos.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #8 of 148 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 17:29
Premier Player

Ivan Slavkov attended the party celebrating CSKA's anniversary.WHat he said :
The journalist:'Will CSKA win the BG Championship this season?'
Slavkov:'Sure!This year I have decided that CSKA are going to win it!You know,because of the anniversary'
You see-it is already clear
post #9 of 148 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2002, 23:03
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
This stuff are classic
Anybody that can go around saying stuff like this should be applauded
post #10 of 148 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2002, 13:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yea Rez ... thanks for visiting ...

Some more.

On that meeting of CSKA hat Luba menioned, Baetoto, while giving an official address to the managers and teh players in front of TV cameras and journalists said:

" I heard you are talking about some titles-mitles this year here. Dont forget that I decide these sort of things."

post #11 of 148 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2002, 20:37
Premier Player

Just before the Qualifier Bulgaria-Croatia at the newly renovated national stadium 'Vasil Levski' Ivan Slavkov was asked:
'What do you expect from the game?'
and the answer:
'Its end'
post #12 of 148 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2002, 23:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Another one! It was during the IOC (Intern. Olympic Commitee) meeting in Tokyo, I think. Few months ago. it was a special meeting on teh corruption.

A japanese journalsit went to Bateto and asked him:
Q: Mr Slavkov, is there any corruption in IOC?"

Without any hesitation Bateto turned his eyes and said:

"Of course, we have to make our own living!!!"

Calssic!!!

post #13 of 148 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2002, 11:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

An interview after the Andora game (2-1 for Bulgaria)

B: Uff, My heart is better now. Look at what I have in my pocket! (He shows tons of pills) ... Yes, I look nervous but I am nervous by nature, from birth . And write down, tomorrow I will announce that I am running for Major of Sofia. Yes! And I will destroy everything. Bakardjiev (a BG politician from teh right wing) destroyed the mauoleum, I will destroy everyhting. There will be one big field and only one house in the middle!"

Q: Will you think for a preasant for the fans at the Stadium

B: Sure, I saw three, lonely girls during the 2nd half - I am thinking to make a preasasnt to them! "

Last edited by bono; October 17th, 2002 at 14:08.
post #14 of 148 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2002, 20:33
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by bono
An interview after the Andora game (2-1 for Bulgaria)

B: Uff, My heart is better now. Look at what I have in my pocket! (He shows tons of pills) ... Yes, I look nervous but I am nervous by nature, from birth . And write down, tomorrow I will announce that I am running for Major of Sofia. Yes! And I will destroy everything. Bakardjiev (a BG politician from teh right wing) destroyed the mauoleum, I will destroy everyhting. There will be one big field and only one house in the middle!"

Today he said that if he becomes a Mayor he will stop building the underground

A journalist from Darik asked him sth and here comes what he replied:'Tell Tomislav that Darik Radio doesn't exist for me.I don't love you anymore.No. not you,only the radio.......I am in Plovdiv now-I am going to Rousse.....'

To Rousse through Plovdiv-a very wise decision
post #15 of 148 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2002, 15:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

2 years ago bateto went with the NT to Sweeden I think for a friendly game. It was two weeks before the BG Football Union (BFU) congress where new Boss was suppose to be elected.

At the airoort on their way back home:

Q: Mr Slavkov, you were away forfew days and suddenly there are three candidates for your position at the BFU ?

B: I will wait for them to become 5 so I can crash them all in one ballot!!! (after 5 sec of thinking) Where do they think they are going? To eat honey with the bear?

Q: So, what do you think, how will the elections go?

B: Well, all of the pplin the congress are very knowledgable, they are real football people! They know and they see that the football in Bulgaria is growing and is heading to teh right direction day by day! Now they are already beating up the referees every week, in every round of the league!!!"

The res was 85% for ... BATETO!!!

Last edited by bono; December 3rd, 2002 at 15:15.
post #16 of 148 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2002, 15:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I have decided to upload here some of the stuff that I shared with Barsa fans in their fm. It comes from the other Beutiful Mind in the Bulgarian football hemisphere, Mr. hristo Stoichkov himslef!

Originally posted by Krijn
... now VG is at a club, but it shows how he thinks and what he expects. He demands too much from his players. And he is too much into tactics.

Quote:
Which remind me of one of the golden lines of teh intelectual giant my countryman Hristo who was asked "What is VG writing in his notebook all the time?". And Hristo answered "Pfuu, writing-briting, nothing, I saw him he is just drawing around, pretends to be a Picasso or sth."
Quote:
Which, THEN, reminded me of another golden line from the same Aristotel of our times. You all remember he was sold to parma by Cruiff. And this is how it happened.

Hristo was again penalized for sth during one training to take free kicks away from the rest. Then Cruiff shouted at him saying "Hristo come back here and join the rest. We will have tactical lesson" Hrsito however wasnt willing to abide and said "you told me to take freekicks and I will be taking freekicks." Then Johan the Great got furious and screamed at his face, " Come here immiditaley; I made you as a player and I will destroy you if I want". Hristo put his hands on his waste in his typical and famous NUMEBR 8 pose, and replied:

"Why did you decide to make me a football player, if its so easy, why dont you make one out of your son, this piece of wood, Jordi"

And Hristo went to Parma ...

post #17 of 148 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2002, 15:37
Premier Player

This hit the target,I guess.....this piece of wood, no comment
post #18 of 148 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2002, 10:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yesterday Bateto was in Plovdiv. The local newspaper maritza reports that he bought a Trabant for 500 DM and told one of the leading sport journalist from the National TV to take care of it. Then, he said: I will write on one of teh doors "Solomon Pasi" (our froreign minister's name), on the seiling "Ivan Slavkov" and at the back CCCP (USSR), so people will know my priorities. On the front drivers door I will put the EU flag and will write "Knock".

Last edited by bono; December 12th, 2002 at 11:01.
post #19 of 148 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2003, 19:02
Premier Player

By the way,our dear Slavkov got the flu
But that couldn't stop him from saying one of his absolutely unforgettable phrases.He called the field a green carpet
post #20 of 148 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2003, 18:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A flu? Not possible!!! Alcohlics dont get flu!

BTW, Luba, my dear, have you read Hristo's intevew about the tax problems! Hilarious stuff. Too bad I dont have time to translate it here ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in