Gonzo has moved to Renn - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2002, 22:13 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Gonzo has moved to Renn

I quite surprised to see that Bono hasn't posted this news.

Gonzo finally has move to the french team Renn with a deal for $4.1 mln . the biggest transfer of a player who moves foutside from Bulgaria.

I personally congratulate Georgi and wish him all the good.

The bad news - there were some bulgarian anonymos guys who tried to **** up the deal as they said to the Renn's directors that Ivanov has chronic problems with his health.
You know what's the people here say - it's not important if you are living well, it's important if the neighbour lives miserable.

Ciaos.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 14:49
Premier Player

Finally I won't be seeing him in this mudhole here I'm only a bit disappointed about his new club, not the best he could get, but at least he'd play in a league where, football still carries notion of the past romance. Good luck to Gonzo, but I think luck is what Levski will need more of it.

About the ones that tried to ruin the deal, they are not worthy of any comment.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 12:20
Premier Player

Gianni, you're right-It's wonderful that he's getting out of here.Once he could find a better club -I have no idea what his ambitions may be at Renn!!!!!!!!!!!Except money....... But he had enough of it here.So probably he's fed up with Bulgarian football!I hope he'll perform at his best !

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 21:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Hey Luba, babay, welcome back ... the last few months I am kinda crusified between closing up this forum or readjusting it in a certain way so I guess now that all of you - xtc,Gianni and you - have reappeared we could have a better chance ... lets see! Hope you guys can stay longer and be more consistent ...

As for Gonzo I have to say that I am simply happy for the guy ... he desreved to play in W Europe long ago and Rennes or Milan does not matter as far as teh most important thing for him was to go out ... good it is not Turkey for example and I have to say it is even better than moving to a second class EPL team or in Seria A /B ... A better solution would have been Spain or Germany but a good year at REnnes could make him a lot of good ... I just hope he stays healthy adapts quickly to teh new enironment (has to learn some French I guess) and have a succesful year ...

On the other hand, I can't help myslef and use the moment of theasing all Levksi fans ... Gonzo was suppose to be their best shot ... their were talks about Espaniol and Seria A ... welll, they could reach as far as the middle of the French 1st Devision ... this has nothing to do with Gonzo ... but even Litex are selling better ... even Litex is a bigger name outside Bulgaria ... A team for local consumation they are and they will always be ...

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2002, 22:52
Premier Player

Phuuuuu... Litex better than Levski at selling??? What they sold their best player in like China?!? That's as far to the West as it's to the East

Anyway, in the recent situation on the market no big club will buy an East European player aged above 22 for the cash Levski got for Gonzo. There was only one exception a few years ago with Alenichev going to Roma, but he comes from Spartak Moskow... I think they went first for the money.

Second, u know the curse of being a Levski player They get some serious injury in their first season out, and come home quickly (don't know if it got to do some with their devotion for Levski).

The fact is Gonzo got in a championship where they still play clean technical game, and u sense some passion for the game there. I was able to watch the French championship, tis not the best one but still is among the 6 best in Europe. Plus u probably saw Senegal at the WC and most of their players play at France... and they showed one of the most beautiful styles in the competition (not quite as Brasil, but still they were considered only a French colony).

I don't see why some consider a mid class French team like a total catastrophe. Last year when Nantes was last in the French Division they held some awesome performances at the CL. And it comes so because French teams usually get good class players who only want to play good beautiful EUROpean football.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2002, 23:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I totaly agree abut the French Championship Gianni ... no question about that.
I could agree about Gonzo and the current market situation but truth is that you tried to sell him the last 3 years or so and simply could not. And I bet you that if Gonzo was a red player he could have been sold to a much better team than Rennes few years ago for the same money ... if not more!

Anyway, he had an OK first game for Rennes - a pass for the goal and 65 minutes ... All the best to him.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2002, 17:33
Premier Player

I still support my main idea that Levski should have sold Gonzo long ago-out of Bulgaria he would have been able to develop but Renne is not a bad team at all though I've never considered the French league as something special.Several years ago I used to have a friend who was sending me records of Monaco's matches-that was a team
As far as Senegal is concerned I don't think that the French influence was so visible
Anyway I have always been checking what's going on here-never leave you-and trying to spread the news about this Forum but you know probably the english lang. is a problem for some of them
But we are enough ,aren't we
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2002, 20:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

"Good" for the spreading out the word about this forum ... I also try to convince few guys to join but their are either too busy or not so sure about their English ... any way I really hope they won't close us down :depress:

As far as rennes is concerned let me ask you sth - do you think they will show more games from teh French league now in BG after Gonzo went there ? It will be nice! And I think you are not right abouyt Senegal ... the french influence was huge - 21 out of the 24 players they had are playing in the French League, Senegal is a french speaking place and their coach was French ... I am not saying all this was the most important but it was very influencial ...

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2002, 11:24
Premier Player

Is the Irish national team playing English football?
In fact I don't believe that someone will make any attempts to satisfy our wish especially after the WC contract BNT signed
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2002, 21:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Gonzo has reportedly been injured and will miss the game against OM ...

Is that a sign of wht I am affraid of? Is the story set to re-repeat itself? Is the curse still there?

I hope NOT. Well, lets wait and see ...

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2002, 23:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

OM has beaten Rennes 1-0 in a friendly today ... still no news about the line-ups and Gonzo ...

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2002, 23:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A small funny detail in all that is that Rennes home jersey is ... RED!!!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2002, 09:44
Rookie

The curse of Levski players...

I was reading through some of the posts about Gonzo's transfer, and the phrase about the curse of Levski players - getting a transfer out of BG only to get injured and return a year later - and it seems to me that this is not just a Levski thing.

My job means i have to research all the players in the BG top division, and i am always reading phrases like 'once considered one of the brightest talents in bulgaria, but was badly injured and is now recovering after 3 knee operations' - i think that was speaking about Georgi Vl Georgiev.

Am i just making too much of isolated examples - you could no doubt quote back to me the injury problems of the like of Jamie Redknapp, Darren Anderton, Kieron Dyer, Steven Gerrard etc as examples that it happens everywhere.

am i onto something, or just imagining things?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2002, 17:09
Premier Player

Gonzo's injury seems to be serious -that's what I've heard!I am sure he won't come back to Bulgaria.Nobody does!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2002, 08:49
Premier Player

Renne lost their first match too.Gonzo played the whole match.A trifle better than Manchev's case
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2002, 11:01 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
According to the reports in the newspapers (the bg newspapers) Gonzo has played superbly, but it was all misfortune not to score.

Ciaos.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in