Botev PD!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2002, 04:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Botev PD on the verge of Premiership

With all the fears that this forum could be well gone in a while I can't resist to open a thread on my beloved and lonely team - BOTEV PLOVDIV!

The biggest and most respected Bulgarian team outside of the capital (i.e. after CSKA and Levski) has been eliminated last year for the first time since I remember myslef.

Now, with three weeks to go in the 1st devision we are third with 5 points adv. on the 4th ... 3rd place gives authomatic qualification.

So, I will keep you all informed and keep your fingers crossed as I can't bear this humiliation for another year.

SAMO BOTEV!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2002, 22:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

OK, an update on Botev Plovdiv ...

A week ago we won our game against Pirin 4-0 at home ... then last weekend we drew 0-0 away at Svistov ... the situation now is very very good ...

the Table:

1. Rilski sportist (SAMOKOV) 22 13 6 3 34:15 45 [+]
2. Dobrudzha (Dobrich) 22 13 6 3 39:20 45
3. Botev (Plovdiv) 22 11 7 4 32:19 40
---------------------------------------------------------------
4. Vidima-Rakovski (Sevlievo) 23 11 7 5 38:17 40

I think the firs two teams are already promoted to the Premier League ... BOTEV is very close ...

two weeks reamain:

Week 25
Botev (Plovdiv) - Svilengrad (Svilengrad)
Vidima-Rakovski (Sevlievo) - Rilski sportist (SAMOKOV)

week 26
Dobrudzha (Dobrich) - Botev (Plovdiv)
Vidima-Rakovski (Sevlievo) - bye

So, it means that we have two games left while Vidima only one ...

Winning the next one at home should be enough I believe ... then if Vidima wins tha game we'll be equal on points but Vidima won't have any more games to paly ... however we have a better ballance from the game we played against them ... The head-to-head games were 1-0 win at home and 0-0 away ... so, one win away from going back to where we belong ...

SAMO BOTEV, OLE!!!

VIVA KANARI!!!!

ZALTI BOGOVE!!!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2002, 22:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

BOTEV

WE WON ... WE DID IT!!!

Botev is back in th ePremier League after 3-0 over Svilengrad ...

there was a huge fiesta at the Stadium and in the city ... few guys spent the night in the jail, two players were questioned by the police for instigating riots etc.
A real celebration ...

take a look at this ...

http://us.f128.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Sho...ort=date&pos=0

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2002, 11:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

And we are back in business. Once the great club, the greatest BG team outside the capital, the oldest BG team is back in the Premiership and is doing some damage

Botev has turned into a unpredictable team. The rooster is based on the youth team that won the Championship last season plus few, very few older guys and one great striker to be ... unfortunately he is on loan from Levski.

After 8 games we are 12 ( there are 14 teams) with two victories and 6 losses. Teh amazing stuf is that the wins are away .. .both of them. The first one to Riletso and the second just two days ago against one of the top 5 teams - Naftex! 1-2 after being 0-1 down.

All the reports say we deserved to win and played a very good game , especially the second half. We played on counter attacks ... the style that Botev is famous for since the 60s. The style that brought us victories and honours.
So ,well done for the young guys and lets hope we will stay in the Premiership ...

We have a young team in the making and hope we will capitalize on it!!!

SAMO BOTEV!!! OLE!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2002, 07:55
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by bono
We played on counter attacks ... the style that Botev is famous for since the 60s. The style that brought us victories and honours.
This time the counter attacks brought only one goal and an awful defeat.CSKA-Botev(5-1)

I saw no organization o stmulus in your team.Chaotic passing and no sense neither in the attackng nor in the defence.

And 12 consequitive win fo CSKA!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2002, 18:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

luba

First of all it was 11th straight ... not 13

Then of course we kn ew we will lose. Our team is amde of some young guys who will be on some 1st league level in 1 or 2 years but not now. The only goal we have is to remain in Prem League. Nothing else. Of course we will be disorganzied. Against CSKA Levski looked disorganized ... you have a good team. No question ... we have one for teh furure ... hopefully. We are luck to have Dobrich and Riletso and only to be relagated ... this saves us! Hoppefully!!!

And we were 1-0 up after 65 min or so ...

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2002, 12:24
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by bono
luba

First of all it was 11th straight ... not 13
Right, it was the 11th,but I've never mentioned 13
Anyway they will soon be 13
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2002, 14:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Botev just demolished last place Dobrdja 5-1!!!

Bobi Dimitrov was again the big star and scored a hattrick ... all of our five goals were scored till the 35th minute and then we just took break I guess!

A very important win and a great result! It is almost certain now that we are staying in the Prem League ... Good job, boys! Keep it up!!!

SAMO BOTEV!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in