Martin Petrov wanted by Barcelona?! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2002, 22:25 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Martin Petrov wanted by Barcelona?!

Yes, that's right - our right skillful attacker, who plays for Wolfsburg is rumoured to be on the Barca's wish-list for the summer.

But the facat that anooyed me is that our newspaper "7 days sport" already made long interviews with him and his manager about his "upcoming" transfer. Geez, these ppl talk as if it is reality.

Whateva, Martin is great IMO! Could he be Itso#2? Stoichkov said that Petrvo CAN replace him in Barca and in the NT.

Bye Bye.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2002, 23:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
these days the good stuff seems to fall from the sky for the BG football ... I have to say that I just wish this is true and I hope Stocikov for once will use his popularity for good ...

Good luck , Martin ... hope it is gonna happen ...

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2002, 14:48
Premier Player

Well the fact is Marto confirmed that he was announced from Lucho for the interest of Barca. Only hope that he gets on his a$$ and works harder than ever to make the right impressions, then his chances will definitelly grow up.
For now tis only interest but I wish him good luck, and even better performances, so that he can impress Barca's management.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2002, 22:08 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Reports suggest that Barca are ready to give between E10 mln and E15 mln. to get our BG forward.

What? Will be there another Barca-mania in Bulgaria after the golden period of Itso?

Bye Bye.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2002, 05:40
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Stoichkov urges Barca to snap up Petrov

Friday 1st February 2002

Former Bulgaria international Hristo Stoichkov has urged Barcelona to snap up his young compatriot Martin Petrov from Bundesliga side Wolfsburg.

"Martin has the talent to become my successor in the national side and at the Nou Camp," the ex-Barcelona star said. "He would flourish at Barca."

"He is very quick and is always looking to score. Back home they say that he is following in my footsteps, not only because of his style, but also because of his determination.

"He is an aggressive player who has a winner's mentality which will ensure he flourishes even at a big club like Barca," Stoichkov told El Mundo Deportivo.

Barcelona are reported to have expressed an interest in the Bulgaria international to his agent Lajezar Tanev.

Petrov became Wolfsburg's record signing this summer when he joined from Servette for Ł2.3 million.

The 23-year-old has impressed in his first season in the Bundesliga with his great pace and ability to beat his man down the left, but critics point to his poor return of just four goals in 19 league games.

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in