post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2002, 19:51 Thread Starter
Fuoriclasse
Legend

Teams: Juventus
Euro2004 draw !!!!

Croatia, Andorra, Bulgaria, Belgium, Estonia

Looks like we're gonna meet guys !!!!
Relax my boyz will be nice to you !!!

Seriously now... what do you think about the draw !?
Does Bulgaria stand a chance !? Will we have the pleasure to see the Bulgaria from 94 again someday !??

Anyway, good luck to you and may the best win !!!

JUVENTUS AD VITAM AETERNAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2002, 08:06
Premier Player

well it might have been worse
Vlaovic said:'Bulgaria are unpredictable but they are surely not better than Croatia' that's right .Don't forget that we are still rebuilding our team.I can't say anything in particular yet.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2002, 12:54
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Thanx Steph for opening this thread insteaed of us - the lazy *******s

Croatia are ubdoubtly the best team, I think. We'll have a ot of troubles against them. I guess we will lose in Cro and draw in Bg.

With Belgium it will be easier. I predict a draw in Bel. and a win for us in Bg.
It's true that the lsat game was 3:1 for Bel in our capital Sofia, but we had many problems in that time.

Vs. Andorra and Estonia - I think it's "no Problemo"

But we are with a new coach and Balakov, our playmaker, will surely retire, besides he is so old and we have to look for a replacement.

My prediction

Cro
BG
Bel

Bye Bye.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2002, 16:19 Thread Starter
Fuoriclasse
Legend

Teams: Juventus
Hehe with all respect due to you guys I can't see Belgium third !!! A draw in Brussels and a dfeat in Sofia for ma boyz ??? Funny... We'll see.

Btw Croatia are not the team they used to be in 98 anymore !!! So winning on home ground against them is possible for Belgium and for Bulgaria aswell imo...

What's gonna make the difference is the youngsters !!

The golden croatian generation is on its way to retirement. Boksic, Suker, Prosinecki,... they will retire very soon I think. I don't think their new generation is as good except maybe Balaban.

Bulgaria!? As you said it's a pretty old team overall; you will maybe have difficulties to find someone to replace Balakov, Iordanov, Penev... Something is missing since Stoitchkov left...

As for Belgium -I'm biased off course - there are plenty of talented yougsters like Mpenza, Sonck, Baseggio, Goor... I see us as favourites to finish 1st...

We'll have a clearer idea after the WC...

JUVENTUS AD VITAM AETERNAM
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2002, 17:34
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
No, Steph, we are not that old team. Only Balakov is old and our GK I think.

We have talented players, but unfortunately they play in a very poor league and our championship is "cheated"; there are no real matches and the players suffer from this. We have a new coach, whom I don't know well.

Cro might be not that good as before, but on paper they are the best.

We'll see... :fero:

Bye Bye.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2002, 18:52
Premier Player

Sure we won't qualify with this coach nor with these players. Hope we finish at least third.
After the Pragha fiasco for me this team is a closed page so many losers at one place I haven't seen in years.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2002, 19:01
Premier Player

First of all the goal keeper recieved for a second time 6 goals, and once a goal keeper has that many in one game he is no longer useful nor he has any confidence.

Second Manchev, Yanchev, Legendata Ivanov, i tn would once not be players in 1st division. now they are called in the nt. The top of the dumb pile is that the nt coach said he'd call on Yankovic... not bad but represents that the inner football is dead long ago. The only chance now is to play abroad...

RIP BG football.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2002, 01:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
The draw does not look that bad ... it could have been worse ... uch worse.
It is true that Bg is not the team we want but it is not bad either ... the last defeat 0-6 was a very painful one but it doesn't mean everything is over ... actually it is a matter of mentality - if you say it is over if you don't believe in yourself then it is 100% sue that you won't make it ... on the other side, if you go through it and if you try to learn some leasons and came back stronger then it could wotk out ... won't be hard but that is the simpliest and the basic rule in sports in general ... everyone goes to a bad period and everyone suffers ... the question is how you react after that ... ust one example ... my fav NBA team at the moment the NY Knicks had the longest losing streak of 8 straighte loses, then things came even worse as the last of those 8 was a recorde 40+ loss at the Garden ... everyone was allover then, The NY Post called them "QUITTERS" ... and they were ... here it again - QUITTERS ... that is the worst thing you can call a proffessional sports player ... the worse of all ... and they reacted - won the next 3 including yesterday a 129-127 win after two overtimes against one of the best teams in the league at the moment - the Bucks ... and after failing to win twice while leading by 3 seconds before the end ... but they did believe in themsleves ... so were the fans. It is a process, a mutual one, and if one of these two sides QUITS and does not respond back ... then you are in big trouble ... today's sports is more about mentality than anything else ...

So, I think we can do it ... all it gets is the right approach ... and some luck ...

Last edited by bono; January 28th, 2002 at 03:30.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2002, 09:15
Premier Player

May be the pic ain't as I imagine it, but this coach is definitely not worth to be in the nt whatever u say.
Luck, well we had more than enough of it in the qualifications for JApan, but it didn't help. Our players prefer to play alone... not in a team.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2002, 22:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
The programm has been negotiated in Zagraeb ... first game

Belgium - Bulgaria 7 Sep 2002

2002 games:

12 Oct BG- Hrvatska
16 Oct BG-Andora

Last game

11 Oct 2003 Hrvatska - BG

The most interesting game

Bulgaria - Belgium - 7th of June 2003 whch is my Birthday

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2002, 23:16
Rising Star

Good luck fellas
I have whole confidence you will win the both games...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in