CSKA and their new coach >>> Luigi Simone. Yea - the former INTER coach... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2001, 00:19 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
CSKA and their new coach >>> Luigi Simone. Yea - the former INTER coach...

Yup that's right tomorrow Luigi Simone will sign a contract with CSKA.
What do you think? Will this change CSKA for good, or nothing new to see?
He almost won the scudetto with Inter (po-skoro s Ronaldo) but his second season with Inter was a disaster.

So?

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2001, 13:57 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Simoni confirms two-year CSKA deal

Former Internazionale coach Luigi Simoni has told onefootball.com that he has signed a two-and-a-half year contract with Bulgarian side CSKA Sofia. "I am sure that I can achieve something big here," the Italian said.

Simoni, who replaces the sacked Asparuh Nikodimov, will officially start his contract on January 1, 2002. "Everything is agreed. Mr Simoni has put pen to paper," confirmed CSKA spokesman Igor Markovski.

And Simoni, who finalised the details of his contract with the club in Sofia on Friday, was delighted with his new post. "I watched one CSKA game last week," he told onefootball.com.

"There are some good players in the team.
I have had some other offers, but I am glad that such a big club like CSKA was interested in me."

Nikodimov, who had returned for a third spell at the club in the summer to take over from another Italian, Enrico Catuzzi, was the offered the opportunity to move into a consultancy role last week.

Simoni, who left Torino in October 2000, will have to employ a new backroom team after technical director Stoine Manolov and assistant coach Krasimir Bezinski followed Nikodimov out of the club.

Simoni travelled to Bulgaria last week and watched the Reds beat Cherno More 3-2 in the Bulgarian Cup quarter-finals. He was joined at the game by CSKA owner Vasil Bozhkov.

In his previous spells at the club, Nikodimov inspired CSKA to two of the greatest moments in their history when they beat Liverpool in 1982 to reach the European Cup semi-final, followed in 1991 by a Uefa Cup win over Parma.

Nikodimov also coached Cypriot side Omonia Nikosia during the 1999-2000 season and had a spell at Bulgarian outfit Velbazhd.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in