OT: Lifestyle! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 573 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2001, 23:42 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
<<<Music>>> :: Miscellaneous reading ::

ok. I decided to start this topic, cuz I think it would be a good idea to have a topic where everyone tells what song(S) is/are his favourite at the moment or just to tell sumffin about songs that has made him an impression. And to tell his opinion about any singers or bands as well. I hope you'll take part. It's not important if your messages are long or shor, just tell your opinion!! :smileani:
Maybe it could be once in a week. Bono, maybe you will be a bit confused, but I'm sure you'll get the point.
And of course all kind of music are welcome!!

So, let me start:

In the past week I watched the clip of one new BG band - Lora and their song "Heaven" (Rai). The song is good, but the main thing is the clip, that is best I've seen for a long period of time.

Other fact - I read about a guide to Misho Shamara's tour. and I was surprised that he doesn't trink during a tour, neither take drug, NOR FU(K girz. BTW --> Shamara is married now.

The next, please!

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Last edited by xtc; November 3rd, 2001 at 23:48.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 573 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2001, 02:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...

OK

post #3 of 573 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2001, 13:02 Thread Starter
xtc
International

I suppose it's hard for your little brain (hey, how did you manage to go in that uni in USA) to understand what I meant (No offense bro)

Share sth, that is related to music. Some fact, some fav song at the moment, some song that you listen to now or whateva

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

post #4 of 573 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2001, 17:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
LOL (To tell you the truth - I don't know either )

OK, music ...
I can tell you abot the last incredible thing that has happened to me. I was to a U2 concert in Madisn S. Garden. Just incredible. U2 probably is not among your fav groups , kid but let me just tell you that this is definitely the best group LIVE ... EVER!
The concert was amazing. The Garden was packed, (No Doubt were supporting - podgriavasti ) the Atmosphere was electric also because it was the first U2 concert here since Sep 11.
They made a show that you cannot desciribe. the best moment for me was when bono (should say ME) in the middle of one of their all time best "Bad" satrt singing one old Marvin' s piece "What is going on" ... it goes like " Brother, brother we don't need to escalate, war is NOT the answer ..." Simply fabelous for my european point of view towards what is happening around the world (I will not continue due to the non-politics rule here )
then at the end the screen behind them became twice bigger and Bono start singing "One" (you should know at least this one, xtc ). then on the screen they start putting the names of the crews and the passangers of th four flights that crashed ... + some of the names of people from FDNY and NYDP that have died at the WTC. People around me start crying and hugging each other. At the very end however Bono sang their last one - "Walk on" which goes like " Leave it behind, you gotta leave it behind ..." and everyone started smiling and even laughing ... people felt happy and relieved ... it was almost a spiritual experience ... you had the feeling that you are in a church and not in a concert ... but U2 is always like that !!!

Fantastic.

Jusr for you , xtc, let me tell you that I have also been in one big techno event in New York. Huge one. Almost 9 hour of non-stop dancing. Mahnahmi si glavite, kakto se kazva
But, as I have been to several events in Sofia I could (and I was not the only one saying that) easily say that our techno parties are almost as good as those here and even better. The audience is definitely more 'alive" and dediated to the music and the event.
Quiet nice. I can also tell you about few jazz clubs in manathan . mostly in the Village and Soho, but then this thing will sound like an article in "bulgarska armia" - " One of our boys in NY (btw, I have never been to the army)

post #5 of 573 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2001, 23:08 Thread Starter
xtc
International

U2? And you call me a non-U2 fan??? :irritate: ...... Oh well, I'm not a die-hard one, but I like them. Just to tell you that I've "With or without you" and "Beautiful Day" and my fav "Diskothek" on my hard drive. But I've heard many other as well. and btw, I don't remember names of any songs. Just on a very special or very .... MTV style, that can be seen every day, every hour

Then, FRANKLY and HONESTLY I AM FVCKED UP. I don't want this to sound like an excuse, but...

I'm not that open kid, as these from SF and PD maybe are. But I have to say that I got enough friends and realtives, BUT, no of them is techno-fan. Everybody like KORN, LIMP, RATM........ :depress:

My only friend who is techno fan is in England (but soon to be back - on 1st Dec ) and is 23 years old. He has invited me many times to go on parties, but hey, you know, he has his own compaany of fellows who are all 23-24 years old and I'd be on this party like some freak between them. In other words - I definitely won't feel comfortable.
The other thing - I think we made It clear alreaedy - in SZ there is no clubbing life. Period. No one good club, where I can go to enjoy.
The only time when I went to party was the day after my birthday this year. Somehow, those freaks - my mates from school - the KOrn fans, came with me. And btw, the boyfriend of one girl was fan at all - I mean he likes many styles and I can say that he was the only one, who danced real.... of course the girl performed well too...... but the other guys.... Oh Gosh, they were tragic - only smoking weed outside, without even to stay in the hall. the music could have been better.... but DJ was Gagalov and I guess you know what this does mean - mainly trance, but yea, there were great tracks as well - HARDER BEATS, 4oveko
The lights were great and everything at all... the people.. oh jeeezz...
It was 2 a.m. when the others wanted to go to the city (the party was on 10 km outside the town) and I had to go with them, cuz I'd have stayed alone in the party....
So, we went back to the city and ma mates went to "Eagles" (mestniq "club", deto hodqt nai-golemite prostaci v grada i deto puskat nai-skapanata muzika det si 4uval s izklu4enie na chalga.... to samo i tova ostavashe)..... ta taka - I went to that eagles to see what's the deal and is there any fellow there.... BUT I after the great party I was tottaly DISGUSTED..... everything - the place, the people, the lights, the music........ I hated it.

That's all folks.... but only for this evening

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #6 of 573 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2001, 11:42
Rookie

That's a good an idea, really!
Well, my fave group is GARBAGE
and song 'The world is not enough'
About Bulgarian music-there are some good groups
post #7 of 573 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2001, 23:00 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Garbage? Great.
But that song you named is definitely not their best IMO. If you have listened to any older albums, you should know it
I'll tell you the best songs next time

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #8 of 573 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2001, 23:02 Thread Starter
xtc
International

And what about the Bg groups? Who's you fav #1?

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #9 of 573 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2001, 17:42
Premier Player

Garbage,I'm not a great fan of theirs but Push it probably, a pretty good one!
post #10 of 573 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2001, 18:33 Thread Starter
xtc
International

And why is that Luba :undecide: ??

Now I want to say that I hate Lady B :irritate:
And I LOVE Beloslava

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #11 of 573 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2001, 17:00
Premier Player

well xtc,u know:
'From all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
Garbage-Push it
post #12 of 573 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2001, 21:51
Legend

Speaking og Bulgarian music, I hear our Serbian turbo-crap-folk is popular in Bulgaria due to RTV Pink (I assume it's popular among the 'lower' masses). I also hear Zdravko Colic is popular? Is this true?
post #13 of 573 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2001, 22:19 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Yea, this ****ty music is STILL very popular :irritate: I HATE IT.

At first we called it "chalga", now we called it "pop-folk" The difference is in the names only. The singers are complete morons. The lyrics are SOOOO LOW and .... oh, this whole thing is for idiots. We got a special BG TV channel, that shows ONLY "pop-folk".... .... besides the "Head Quarter" of this ****in channes is based in my home town - Stara Zagora . The channel name is "Verea Music"

ok, I hope you don't liste to this kind of music , even if I have a friend of mine who listens to it, but is a cool guy - some big exceptation I guess.

Whatever.

Now I'm listening to "Fugees". A bit funky, yea. And "Enigma", if you knwo them.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #14 of 573 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2001, 17:05
Premier Player

Now ,I admit I have forgotten them,I'm listening to Savage Garden.'Crash and Burn' or CHICAGO -'Look Away'
post #15 of 573 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2001, 17:36 Thread Starter
xtc
International

I wonder why do so many girls like Savae Garden?
The melody, the lyrics, or what?

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #16 of 573 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2001, 09:58
Premier Player

In fact I ike songs with good texts.The melody is important,too....but it can't impress me as much as the text itself
To tell you the truth among my friends and acquaintances there isn't a single girl who likes Savaga Garden....I fell lone
As far as the Bulgarian groups are concerned there are some interesting songs but they are too...ugh..how to say...perfunctory(I mean povurhnosten)
post #17 of 573 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2001, 10:42 Thread Starter
xtc
International

okey, so tell us who's your fav BG groups and who do you dislike?
I dislike Misho Shamara and almost all kind of BG rap, with some small exceptation. Actually I don't like a whole singer or a band, I like only some songs.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #18 of 573 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2001, 12:08
Premier Player

yeah, a friend of mine told me that the real 'YO men' don't listen to BG rap at all.Actually I don't listen to BG music-it happens from time to time to hear a song or another but generally speaking...I don't have a fave group.
post #19 of 573 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2001, 12:48 Thread Starter
xtc
International

okey,

I have a question:

when you was 12 years old for example I strongly doubt that you've understand sth from the ENG lyrics , so the melody was the only thing you've liked. Isn't it so?

What I remember is that my mom and father said me that I must listen to good music - Depesh Mode (on the age of 7-8-9-10 years ). Then I listened to all euro-dance-crap and mainly what Mtv showed AND Enya, Enigma and ERA (these are all ethno-dream-music formations). 2 years ago I was still very green, when my uncle (vui4o, 35 years old) told me that the life is very dynamic now and we must listen dynamic music - prodigy. then I began to listen to trance cuz of the childish motives and elements. Then a friend of mine told what the real music is and since then... I follow it... of course I'm still listening to everything that can be classifed as a "good music", no matter of the music style.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Last edited by xtc; November 18th, 2001 at 12:53.
post #20 of 573 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2001, 14:18
Premier Player

Talking particularly about Savage Garden they are quite a new group(they' ve already separated) so I was older than 12 when I got to liking them
I love Dpeche Mode.They 've had a concert in Istanbul recenly.
I have some friends who listen to trance.In fact one of them(Alex) with severall other guys made a frmation MAGRATHEA .You may have heard of them.They are quite famous alreadyOn 17.11 in club BLADE there was a party .Apart from them Stass Nikoloff DJ Mishev,Martin Petrov were also there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in