UEFA 3rd round:: Litex <<VS.>> AEK!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2001, 22:40 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
UEFA 3rd round:: Litex <<VS.>> AEK!!

So the next team that Litex will play against is AEK. It could have been better, it could have been far worse as well. But frankly I think the Oranges have enough chance to eliminate AEK and to prove that they are currently maybe the best team in BG. An eventual win would be great for our self-confidence and for Bg at all. Our coefficent in Europ would increas as well.
So, I suggest Litex to concentrate on the following games, they have the players, the coaches and the big opportunity. Milen Petkov will surely for AEK and it will be interesting to see how he is going to perform. The only thing that I'm concerned about is that Litex definitely don't have any expirience >> but they do have Dimitar Penev on their side, who may be not the best tactical coach, but he is a great psychologist and motivator.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2001, 13:29
Premier Player

I can say I'm satisfied believing Lobech will make all of us happy defeating AEK but otherwise..it would be a pity!
I don't know much about this team(except Milen laying there) in fact but I think we can cope
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2001, 13:52
Xtratime Legend

Is it enough for you to know that Petkov is a bench player at AEK?

I honeslty dont think Litex has any chances to get past AEK,no offence.

What is Litex's starting line up?

Here is AEK:

Atmatzidis

Marica Gamarra Ferrugem Kassapis

Lakis Zagorakis Zikos

Tsartas

Nikolaidis Maladenis

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2001, 14:13
Premier Player

I confess it's not enough
But Iwanna say that Petkov is an excellent player..he needs a chance..
Do I have to say that we, the Bulgarians,always keep some hope ....Thats the case
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2001, 14:58 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally posted by AMOROSO!
What is Litex's starting line up?
:nervous:

I was wondering the same thing...

Frankly, I don't know.
But the attackers Hristo Jovov, Stefan Jurukov and ...... (forgot the name ).... GIANI>> WHO WAS THE STRIKER, THAT WASN"T BG???? HElP me!! . On the left back is Patrascu, Romanian. GK is Vutov, a good goalkeeper. The rest I don't know

Maybe we don't have that big chances but..... the big Jack is that in Litex is Dimitar Penev, the coach who led the BG NT to 4th place during US '94.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2001, 19:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
The team Litex played its last game in UEFA against Union Berlin (0-0)

1. Vutov
2. Stanislav Bachev
3. Zivko Zelev
8. Anastas Bornosuzov
10. Ivailo Petev /Patrashku/
11. Hristo Yovov / Rosen Kirilov/
13. Nikolaj Dimitrov /Kiril Nikolov/
17. Valeriu Rakita
19. Petrov
21 Zoran Iankovich
23 Nebojsa Jelenkovich

The star of the team could easily be said to be Iankovich faorawrd from Yugo.

Hristo Yovov was playing in his junior years in Bayern Munich, then in Levski, then was sold to Munchen 1860 (nothing specatcular) ... last months there were some rumours that EPl teams were interestd in him but nothing happened. One of my personal fav players in Bg .

Zivko Zelev is probably the best BG prospect in defence. Also rumours for interest in Germany, Spain and even Italy ... nothing so far.

Some other known names are the two romanians - Rakita and Patrasku (as xtc said - Romanian NT player), the other serb - Ielenkovich and Rosen Krilov - played for CSKA then in Turkey. he became famous in Bulgaria after some game swit the BG NT - decent games against Shearer and Jan Koler (if I am not wrong).

GO LITEX!!!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2001, 22:41 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Well done, Bono!
:embarass:

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2001, 22:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

MORE .. and even better .

Litex finally managed to beat the current Bg champion in a chapionship game ...

LITEX-Levski 2-0

the line up (for Litex as I guess noone is interested in Levski's squad at the moment )

Litex

Vutov
Rakita St.Bachev Z. Zelev Petrov / 58 N.Dimitrov/
Leonardo Bornosuzov Ielenkovich
Iurokov Iovov Iankovich

So Litex played I guess with three forwards which is as we know the favourite one of D.Penev. Penev himslef manage to beat Levski for 156th time (hihi kidding)

As I have told you before the star of the team is definitely Iankovich. He scored both goals again. The first one in 43 min. and the second in the 69th - penalty.

I would expect someone who has watched the game to make comments on it, though I guess for some of you it is not that pleasant

GO LITEX!!!
Job well done ...

Last edited by bono; November 7th, 2001 at 23:01.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2001, 23:04 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally posted by bono74
I would expect someone who has watched the game to make comments on it, though I guess for some of you it is not that pleasant
Actually, it wouldn't have been unpleasant for me, but unfortunately I was at school at that time.... so you understand that I wasm't able to watch the game.

But from what I've heard - Litex played FAAAAR better than Levski and just proved to be #1 in Bulgaria at the moment.

On the other hand - I'm not surprised that Levski have lost, cuz they really have serious problems in their squad, staff and bosses.... even money problems if you ask me. Gonzo is injuried and Todor Kolev is LOANED AGAIN to Pleven

Litex may be a serious threat this year.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2001, 22:39 Thread Starter
xtc
International

AEK vs. Litex: 3:2

Whne it was 2:0 for AIK I turned off the Tv, but it seems that it was for good

What do ya think? Pretty good result, no? Besides the penalty was .... kinda fake and the 2nd goal came from very stupid mistake by Litex' defence....

Someone who saw the goals by Litex??

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2001, 23:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A very, very ,very good result for Litex ... I was following the game on the net and when it was 3-0 I thought it is all over as BG teams have never shown great potencial to come from behind ... so, it si even better the way they did it ... They showed caharacter and pride and that means a lot ...

We have a big chance for the second game ... and Yovov finally has to start scoring ...

WELL DONE BOYS!!!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2001, 23:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

the report by www.onefootball.com

A stirring fight-back from Litex saw them battle back from the shock of going 3-0 down to AEK Athens within 22 minutes to trail by just a single goal going into the home leg of their Uefa Cup tie.

The home side hit the ground running, and could have taken the lead as early as the third minute as Vassilis Tsartas struck a post.

Seven minutes later, the Greece midfielder did get his name on the scoresheet, tucking home a penalty after Bulgarian midfielder Milen Petkov had been fouled by goalkeeper Vitomir Vutov.

Thodoris Zagorakis added a second on 18 minutes, and Sotiris Konstantinidis made it three four minutes later.

Litex were reeling, and thoughts were turning to their infamous 4-1 defeat in Lodz three years ago, but this side are made of sterner stuff and after a flurry of pressure, the Bulgarians got one back from Zoran Jankovic, who raced by three defenders before driving the ball home.

Litex suffered another blow minutes later as influential defender Zhivko Zhelev had to limp off to be replaced by Aurelian Patrasku.

After half-time AEK withdrew all three of their goalscorers, and that allowed Litex to take charge of the game. Dionysis Hiotis made a fine save to deny Atanas Bornosuzov on 61 minutes, but 11 minutes later Litex got the second their approach work had deserved.

Substitute Kiril Nikolov struck the post, and, although Rosen Kirilov somehow missed the rebound Valeriu Rakita was on hand to tap the ball home.

AEK poured forward in an attempt to restore the two goal margin, but Vutov held them at bay with a couple of fine saves to leave Litex, incredibly, marginal favourites in the second leg.

AEK Athens: Hiotis, Gamara, Lakis, Kasapis, Ramos, Zagorakis (Kola 58), Petkov, Tsartas (Maladenis 53), Nikolaidis, Zikos, Konstantinidis (Georgeas 66)

Litex: Vutov, Zhelev (Patrasku 36), Rakita, Kirilov, Dimitrov, Jelenkovic, Petrov (Nikolov 60), Bornosuzov, Hidiued (Petev 84), Yovov, Jankovic

Booked: Maladenis, Georgeas, Ramos (AEK); Vutov, Kirilov, Jankovic, Patrasku (Litex)

Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)

Attendance: 23,000

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2001, 00:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Litex - AEK 1-1 ..

Litex is out but not down ... brave performance ... the mere fact they reached this stage and then made those two respectful results with the clear leader of the Greek Championship at the moment is good enough ... coyld have been much better but nothing to be ashamed for ...

GO FOR THE TITLE now! GOOD LUCK LITEX!!!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2001, 12:54 Thread Starter
xtc
International

!
The pitch was awful and I think that's one of the main reason... but that's not an excuse t all - of course we will suffer after we don't pay the money for good pitches.

On the other hand - very poor match, Nothing interesting et al.

Still - to reach 1/16 in the PRo Cup is a very good result indeed.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2001, 13:03 Thread Starter
xtc
International

I've jus read hat the Greeks journalists has seen in some restaurant in Lovech Grisha Ganchev, the three referees and some beautiful girls. Then the girls and the ref, has gone somewhere ( ) and it' supposed that Ganchev has "given" a small "gift" to the refs.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2001, 06:45
Premier Player

It seems this 'gift' hasn't been enouh
Although I don't rely on rumours
The previous several days there was a haunting feeling that Lovech wouldn't succeed.It was as if nonody believed it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in